Page 533 of 719 FirstFirst ... 33433483523529530531532533534535536537543583633 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,995 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This is strange to admit but, though I found the art severe, I liked and thought that it fit with that book. It's certainly not my usual comic book aesthetic, though (Stuart Immonen, John Byrne, Russell Dauterman, Jim Lee, et al.).
    It has its charm. I didn't liked how Cassara drew Jean for example, but I think he does a fantastic job drawing scenery and monsters, which is a big plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    It has its charm. I didn't liked how Cassara drew Jean for example, but I think he does a fantastic job drawing scenery and monsters, which is a big plus.
    There's another artist that's worked on X-Force - I can't think of their name - who is atrocious. Their art looks amateurish, with disproportional bodies, faces, and facial features. ::shiver:: Cassara isn't so bad...

Question for everyone: What is the thing or are the things that you love most about Jean Grey?

There's another artist that's worked on X-Force - I can't think of their name - who is atrocious. Their art looks amateurish, with disproportional bodies, faces, and facial features. ::shiver:: Cassara isn't so bad...

Omg I know who you are talking about. The artist from that issue when Jean helps Quentin right? The art was really bad, it looked like it was done in a rush. Cassara is ten times better.

Omg I know who you are talking about. The artist from that issue when Jean helps Quentin right? The art was really bad, it looked like it was done in a rush. Cassara is ten times better.
    Yes! I couldn't believe that art passed snuff. I was like, WTH?

Question for everyone: What is the thing or are the things that you love most about Jean Grey?
    As a child, it was her red hair. Red is my favorite color to this day, so a mere child would latch onto the simplest thing. As an adult, it is her personality, being possibly one of the most emotional characters on the X-Men.

Her ability to face death without fear
    She’s never gives in to despair
    Her omega level tk
    Her pink psionic form
    Her exclusive connection to phoenix force
    She never runs away from problems or difficult situations
    She looks at the future instead of being anchored to the past
    Last edited by Daedra; 09-21-2021 at 02:20 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Her personality. She's one of the best characters ever written and I'm not talking about comic books only, but all kinds of literature.

EDIT: I don't think that because I'm a Jean Grey fan. I'm a Jean Grey fan because I see that. :)
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 09-21-2021 at 02:22 PM.

Her personality: both the compassion, empathy and loving nature; and the anger and assertiveness. How human and real she feels. Her tridimensionality (I always say that, for me, Jean Grey can't fit into a typical literary archetype). And her heroism, of course. I love heroic characters even when some people tell me they are "boring" now. I would never believe that.
    Last edited by Starchilde; 09-21-2021 at 06:46 PM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Her personality: both the compassion, empathy and loving nature; and the anger and assertiveness. How human and real she feels. Her tridimensionality (I always say that, for me, Jean Grey can't fit into a typical literary archetype). And her heroism, of course. I love heroic characters even when some people tell me they are "boring" now. I would never believe that.
    Yes! Even though she's superlative in so many ways, she does feel real and that's because of how complex she is - like a real person.

I consider her heroism as part of her personality, that's why I didn't mention it separately, but I'm like you: I *love* heroic characters.

I keep hearing heroes are "boring" as well and it's really tiresome... I don't think heroic characters are boring by definition. Just like anti-heroes aren't either. It depends on how tridimensional they are as characters. It has nothing to do with how moral/ethic/valorously they behave.

Heroes shouldn't be perfect and anti-heroes shouldn't be edgelords. These are flat characters and both types are equally boring to me.

Jean always tries to see the best in people.

Jean searches for ways to do the right thing while helping people and not hurting anyone in the process.

Jean believes in harmony and her compassion, kindness and strength of will makes her the Heart and Soul of the X-Men.

Jean's love for her fellow X-Men and mental strength broke Xavier's bonds on her powers, allowing her to contact the Phoenix Force in the depth of space while also turning herself into a being of Pure Thought before returning to human form.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Yes! Even though she's superlative in so many ways, she does feel real and that's because of how complex she is - like a real person.

I consider her heroism as part of her personality, that's why I didn't mention it separately, but I'm like you: I *love* heroic characters.
    I feel exactly the same. She is like a real person. I think is one of the things that made me feel so much emotions when I read about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I keep hearing heroes are "boring" as well and it's really tiresome... I don't think heroic characters are boring by definition. Just like anti-heroes aren't either. It depends on how tridimensional they are as characters. It has nothing to do with how moral/ethic/valorously they behave.

Heroes shouldn't be perfect and anti-heroes shouldn't be edgelords. These are flat characters and both types are equally boring to me.
    100% agree! An heroic character can be just as complex or much more complex than an antihero.

All of you have shared some beautiful answers, all of which I agree with. I will be sharing mine later, after I give them some thought and get some work done.

In case anyone is interested in reading Jean’s entire arc in Alias:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jean_RED_...33565058420741

Here’s a preview (it’s quite a few pages):

That one time Jean telekinetically dismantled a bio electric field cage that was attuned on the cellular level to the 4 X-Men trapped inside. They try to rush her and this was her response:
    “if I hurry, I’m liable to disrupt your cell structures along with the cage.”