Page 131 of 719 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231631 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 10783

I hated Judgement War bc there wasnt enough Jean. She had like 1 or 2 good issues in what ended up being a very long story

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    By: J Giampietro

Love this design more and more.

Hopefully we get some merchandise based off this costume sometime in the near future.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 04-01-2021 at 08:22 AM.

By: J Giampietro

This is beautiful

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't know...I love the overall design but I really dislike that X and squared-off bar detail over her belly. It just seems incongruous with the other
    "point" elements on her diadem, the shoulders, over her bust...of the outfit.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-31-2021 at 11:18 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Perfection

20210331_155851.jpg
    @peejaypo

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    What do you think of the OG X-factor?

This was some of my favorite times of the O5. I know its a risky move to state my opinion on this, especially on this board, but I loved how Louise Simonson showed that Jean and Scott ( pretty much my favorite couple) weren't the perfect couple, but still loved one another and were able to conquer their issues. Way unrealistic situations (unless you've had a significant other that has a clone twin) but realistic emotional reactions and doubts leading to a tuning point at Fall of the Mutants for them. I have two sets of friends have been high school sweethearts and are still together (We are probably all much older than many of you, my first issue of X-men was the end of the DFS when it came out). They've had rough times as well (for one set leading to a separation) and were always able to find each other again.

Same with Beast, Bobby, and Warren. Moments that molded them throughout the stories that followed. It is sad for me now, because sometimes I don't recognize them anymore in some portrayals, especially Hank.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    What do you think of the OG X-factor?

Huge fan. And Jean was amazing. Powerful and passionate. She had some very good moments during the X-Factor years.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Absolutely LOVELOVELOVED! those classic Simonsons X-Factor years.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Honestly, I'm over the rudeness displayed by some in this thread, I've been on these boards for over ten years and I have never once told another poster what they should and shouldn't post in this thread.

However on a daily basis the same few posters post in this thread and many other threads being incredibly argumentative, combative, and attempting to dictate others thoughts, regardless of how many times they are called out for their behavior. We're all different people with varying experiences who just so happen to share a love for Jean that does NOT mean there should be a monopoly on how we feel about her at any given time. Moreover it is gross that the same few will complain across several threads, while directly attacking posters for their opinions, then play holier than thou.

I'm blocking a few of the posters in this thread because I'm tired of their sour demeanor they don't just make this thread miserable they make the overall experience on these boards miserable by always attacking other people for having different opinions, and you know exactly who you are!
    There are some people who seem to get offended when you aren't as angry over every little thing as they are. I question whether some of them really enjoy Jean or just hate certain writers and characters because the latter seems to be more important to them.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

Perhaps people just have to accept this just isn’t one of Jean’s top times.
    It definitely isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    This is beautiful
    Right?! The art and the design itself.

Never seen this artist before but they are awesome. Brought life to what Dauterman created.

I'm surprised they're just going to toss this look away afterwards. May as well keep it. Jean just needs to unclip the cape when in combat.

BANNED

It definitely isn't.

Right?! The art and the design itself.

Never seen this artist before but they are awesome. Brought life to what Dauterman created.

I'm surprised they're just going to toss this look away afterwards. May as well keep it. Jean just needs to unclip the cape when in combat.
    CBR even wrote an article on X-Men who stopped being important. Jean tops the list! https://www.cbr.com/xmen-characters-...ger-important/

They basically said she could have stayed dead rather than be brought back for what she’s used for.

Hickman semites the overall importance of pretty much all the younger X-Men in favor of Xavier, Magneto, and Apocalypse.

Now we’re seeing Betsy rise to importance as Captain Britain and finally Cyclops is going to lead the X-Men but that leaves so many out, including Jean herself.

Part of the problem is we read the comics for the real X-Men. Not the students, not former villains, etc. I feel that Hickman hadn’t really been giving the X-Men convincing opponents. Excalibur and X of Swords have had good villains. But no one else.

That does not negate issues of sexism. There’s serious issues in the writing.

With that said, I see why Marvel approved his idea of Krakoa. Disney has the X-Men rights and the Mutants cannot be just another superhero team. That’s what the Avengers are for.
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 04-01-2021 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    CBR even wrote an article on X-Men who stopped being important. Jean tops the list! https://www.cbr.com/xmen-characters-...ger-important/

They basically said she could have stayed dead rather than be brought back for what she’s used for.
    well I'm not surprised, the writing was on the wall on this one
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Not sure I fully agree with you. Yes, I think I read X-Men for the core X-Men (mainly Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler) but I also enjoy when writers highlight a different or new character in their run. I really enjoyed Apocalypse's new arc so far.

If Synch remains in the spotlight, I would be extremely happy about it and I wouldn't mind if Wolverine or Cyclops will be less present.

I think Jean, Storm, and Nightcrawler definitely deserve more attention though,...

When it comes to sexism in the comicbook industry, unfortunately, most straight cis writers really have a gender bias. That's a big annoying issue. Hickman's retcon could have easily expand the focus and show how other characters besides Magneto and Xavier—and invisible Moira—have been part of the master plan and also architects of new Krakoa as well from the beginning or participated later in it (*hinthint Jean).
    Last edited by Exodus; 04-01-2021 at 03:23 AM.

I think Emma is having a great development, I don't know if that is equal to importance according to cbr. Nightcrawler will have Way of X, it's his chance. Is Storm leaving Marauders and should she win something?
    Cyke will be the leader and Archangel will be in x corps. I just hope that the next "chosen" one will be Jean.

The artile completely ignored that she is about to co-lead the new X-men team and that major development was her idea. She's still very important and unlike some on that list, is actually being set up for a bigger role; that just hasnt played out yet