Page 141 of 719 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241641 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I can say many things but they wont magically turn real, the truth is they put that line in jean’s mouth just to fool us and why should Jean renounce her name and legacy?
    What exactly is she gaining in exchange?
    How did this ransack of her imagery and history benefit her character?
    All the mental gymnastic required to paint this as something positive for Jean Grey is a clear indication that in truth this is nothing more than plunder of her narrative potential and iconic status.
    I agree.

The Phoenix Force did not harm Jean, it made her into The Living Goddess of The X-Men. She was Fire and Power and Life Incarnate.

What advances has Jean done since they made her send the PF away? The PF never held Jean back. That was such LAZY writing imho.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    Wasn't it said that the Phoenix was limiting what Jean could do anyway? let the girl explore her limitless potential without the fear of the Phoenix making her lose control...
    I can say many things but they wont magically turn real, the truth is they put that line in jean’s mouth just to fool us and why should Jean renounce her name and legacy?
    What exactly is she gaining in exchange?
    How did this ransack of her imagery and history benefit her character?
    Apparently the phoenix is “sooo very bad” that all these genius writers can’t wait to have their pet characters get a piece of it.
    All the mental gymnastic required to paint this as something positive for Jean Grey is a clear indication that in truth this is nothing more than plunder of her narrative potential and iconic status.
    Imagine wanting to constantly separate tony and his amor, wolverine and his claws, not just make copies but wanting to take it all away, what is it about Jean as phoenix that disturbs these editors and writers so much?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I agree.

The Phoenix Force did not harm Jean, it made her into The Living Goddess of The X-Men. She was Fire and Power and Life Incarnate.

What advances has Jean done since they made her send the PF away? The PF never held Jean back. That was such LAZY writing imho.
    The only time we saw Jean unlock her true potential without the Phoenix Force ironically was with Teen Jean. When she got her pink form, that was directly in defiance of becoming Phoenix. She was able to prove that she was just as powerful without the cosmic entity if she wanted to be

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The only time we saw Jean unlock her true potential without the Phoenix Force ironically was with Teen Jean. When she got her pink form, that was directly in defiance of becoming Phoenix. She was able to prove that she was just as powerful without the cosmic entity if she wanted to be
    .......And then they told us even that was not ok, they are cutting this character options at every turn, wtf is she supposed to do other than waffle between logan and scott?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Oh right.

But you know, I never liked that "combining TP and TK" thing. I prefer them separately as separate powers. And the syphoning off of other peoples' psychic energy? Naw, do not like that either. That makes it seem as if Jean herself does not have the power within herself to be powerful.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Oh right.

But you know, I never liked that "combining TP and TK" thing. I prefer them separately as separate powers. And the syphoning off of other peoples' psychic energy? Naw, do not like that either. That makes it seem as if Jean herself does not have the power within herself to be powerful.
    To be fair it was more akin to ambient psionic energy manipulation, not unlike magneto’s usage of the planet em field or storm’s mastery of weather

.......And then they told us even that was not ok, they are cutting this character options at every turn, wtf is she supposed to do other than waffle between logan and scott?
    That is a huge problem because Jean isnt allowed to be powerful one way or another. At this point they are just gutting the character

Oh right.

I loved it. Its psychic energy manipulation and Jean using her TP to augment her TK. I dont have a problem with it especially since many other energy based mutants absorb energy around them to increase their power

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    That is a huge problem because Jean isnt allowed to be powerful one way or another. At this point they are just gutting the character
    She’s turned into the mutant version of a “all the narrative you can pillage buffet”

I loved it. Its psychic energy manipulation and Jean using her TP to augment her TK. I dont have a problem with it especially since many other energy based mutants absorb energy around them to increase their power
    I know what you both are saying. But for me, if they are saying Jean is as powerful as Phoenix without the Phoenix Force, then make Jean that powerful as a Psychic with her own powers. Jean could be at Green Phoenix Level.

In dire need times, use the combining of TK and TP and ambient psionic energy absorption to go into White Phoenix Levels.

I know what you both are saying. But for me, if they are saying Jean is as powerful as Phoenix without the Phoenix Force, then make Jean that powerful as a Psychic with her own powers. Jean could be at Green Phoenix Level.

In dire need times, use the combining of TK and TP and ambient psionic energy absorption to go into White Phoenix Levels.
    It’s not exactly a matter of power (which should be moderate most of the times) that concerns me, it’s a matter of namesake, identity, brand ....... it’s her history, it was never there before her character, it’s her evolution from the marvel girl days into womanhood.

It’s not exactly a matter of power (which should be moderate most of the times) that concerns me, it’s a matter of namesake, identity, brand ....... it’s her history, it was never there before her character, it’s her evolution from the marvel girl days into womanhood.
    Oh, I agree with all of this too.

But the Power is just the aspect I was referring. Of course all of this is also Jean Phoenix.

A valid point.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

But they don't want evolution.

Jean Grey becoming something other than Marvel Girl is when problems started for her role with Cyclops.

She is regressed to Marvel Girl to exemplify that she never should have become something more powerful or impressive than that.

She's the superhero's love interest, not the superhero herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    But they don't want evolution.

Jean Grey becoming something other than Marvel Girl is when problems started for her role with Cyclops.

She is regressed to Marvel Girl to exemplify that she never should have become something more powerful or impressive than that.

She's the superhero's love interest, not the superhero herself.
    I think that they should use Emma Frost for it. They killed jean for that pairing

It's awful that they kicked Jean as love interest and then when she returns they put her cback with Scott.