Page 142 of 719 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242642 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I think that they should use Emma Frost for it. They killed jean for that pairing

It's awful that they kicked Jean as love interest and then when she returns they put her cback with Scott.
    ....thrown away like a used-up car when it suited them only to be reinstated when the family man was ready to get over his mid-life crisis and play daddy again
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I'd rather have Jean single so she can have more strong story arcs and character development aside from her being always the wife/girlfriend thing.

If she were to be written as a strong solo character, and her being the strong hero that she is -- I want to see more from her aside from being constantly in a relationship.

But I do like different ships too. Who would you ship Jean with? I want her out of that weird Scott/Logan triangle they always have her in. I liked Jean previously with Scott based on the original stories but ever since the whole Madelyne/Emma thing, I feel like the ship has sailed for star-crossed lovers. She needs someone new.

Jean's always gonna be with Scott or Scott/Logan like now, at most they could go with Jean/Logan and Scemma if they break the poly as Morrison's run was kinda going like that. You can want her single instead but it's pointless to ship her with other men cause when/if it happens it'll be a temporary quickly forgotten thing (like Bishop, who besides that was also alternate reality shennanigans), sorry but it's the truth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by porcelainfire View Post
    I'd rather have Jean single so she can have more strong story arcs and character development aside from her being always the wife/girlfriend thing.

If she were to be written as a strong solo character, and her being the strong hero that she is -- I want to see more from her aside from being constantly in a relationship.

But I do like different ships too. Who would you ship Jean with? I want her out of that weird Scott/Logan triangle they always have her in. I liked Jean previously with Scott based on the original stories but ever since the whole Madelyne/Emma thing, I feel like the ship has sailed for star-crossed lovers. She needs someone new.
    Honestly call me crazy but I would love to see Jean Grey and Steve Rogers together. I kind of like the chemistry they had an X-Men red. Especially since that book was focused on Bridging the Gap between mutants and humans.

Personally I wouldn't mind them Reviving the concept of the unity Squad with Gene being in charge of hand-picking the mutants on the team and Cap being in charge of hand picking the Avengers on the team.

Just avoid the pitfalls of Black Panther and storm relationship and it should all be gravy

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Jean's always gonna be with Scott or Scott/Logan like now, at most they could go with Jean/Logan and Scemma if they break the poly as Morrison's run was kinda going like that. You can want her single instead but it's pointless to ship her with other men cause when/if it happens it'll be a temporary quickly forgotten thing (like Bishop, who besides that was also alternate reality shennanigans), sorry but it's the truth.
    This and Jean/Scott are currently the best written they've ever been as a couple since the mid 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This and Jean/Scott are currently the best written they've ever been as a couple since the mid 90s.
    That says very little, they are boring and no chemistry, one sided

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I laughed on this.
    I dont think she will always be with Logan or Scott, morrison wasn't going to pair her with Logan. this is no-sense.

That says very little, they are boring and no chemistry, one sided

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Of course they wouldnt let her become Phoenix again. IDK what is going on with JDW he didnt gave the greenlight to use Jean as Phoenix and actually regressed her on X-books.
    Don't blame JDW; from what I've heard the call to allow Brevoort and Aaron to use the Phoenix Force came from over his head.

The thing is that I'm not concerned about it. The Phoenix will always come back to Jean and unlike the majority of you I don't think that Jean has been used as a telephone or entirely badly in the current era, even if I wish she had more. I'm sure that we're going to get cool things from her going forward.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Don't blame JDW; from what I've heard the call to allow Brevoort and Aaron to use the Phoenix Force came from over his head.

The thing is that I'm not concerned about it. The Phoenix will always come back to Jean and unlike the majority of you I don't think that Jean has been used as a telephone or entirely badly in the current era, even if I wish she had more. I'm sure that we're going to get cool things from her going forward.
    yeah but thats like saying Jean will come back from the dead some day. True but who wants to wait another 14 years for the inevitable to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yeah but thats like saying Jean will come back from the dead some day. True but who wants to wait another 14 years for the inevitable to happen?
    The difference is that I'm not concerned about the inevitable happening as long as Jean is alive or as long as the Resurrection Protocols are in place. If we get cool moments of Jean or good characterization I'm happy being along for the ride.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

That is possible. But he should had made Jean availiable for it, seems to have been Aaron intention have Jean as host. His backstory for pre-historic is basically similar to Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by porcelainfire View Post

First we have to ship Jean with a good writer that likes her. For that I'd already be grateful LOLOL

It's basically impossible ship reaslistically Jean with Scott. She was dropped like garbage by him and she can do a lot better.

Jean being single could be very nice, she was great single while on X-men Red and Uncanny.

I think Steve Rogers and Jean would be one of the biggest power couples on Marvel, but I really like him and Sharon. SO I'm torn here

Danny Rand could be very cute with Jean, they already know each other and he has a nice cute kid sidekick.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Honestly call me crazy but I would love to see Jean Grey and Steve Rogers together. I kind of like the chemistry they had an X-Men red. Especially since that book was focused on Bridging the Gap between mutants and humans.

Personally I wouldn't mind them Reviving the concept of the unity Squad with Gene being in charge of hand-picking the mutants on the team and Cap being in charge of hand picking the Avengers on the team.

Just avoid the pitfalls of Black Panther and storm relationship and it should all be gravy
    I'm digging this couple idea. I feel their personalities would be great together! Jean is a great leader (X-Men Red) and I would think it would be such a power couple in Marvel for these two to get together.

First we have to ship Jean with a good writer that likes her. For that I'd already be grateful LOLOL

It's basically impossible ship reaslistically Jean with Scott. She was dropped like garbage by him and she can do a lot better.

Jean being single could be very nice, she was great single while on X-men Red and Uncanny.

I think Steve Rogers and Jean would be one of the biggest power couples on Marvel, but I really like him and Sharon. SO I'm torn here

Danny Rand could be very cute with Jean, they already know each other and he has a nice cute kid sidekick.
    Haha def need a good writer tbh. Someone that doesn't make her so cardboard cutout when she is with Scott. Maybe it's the Marvel Girl costume that is making me think that. :P Nothing against Scott and I am not against Scemma either - I feel Emma and Scott have a lot more of a matching personality (In recent years) vs. how Jean was in Red and Steve.

Danny would be an interesting choice! Let's get some continuity in here lol.

And call me crazy but a crack pair for me would be a bit de-aged Magneto with Jean
    Last edited by porcelainfire; 04-09-2021 at 02:35 PM.

If Jean can't be with Scott - I will always ship Jott - then I think that she should be with Bishop. Talk about a power couple.

I still say that had Gold not existed, she'd be good with Nightcrawler

It sucks they dont interact anymore

God, if Kurt weren't necessary on the Quiet Council I'd want him to be on the X-Men team so badly.