Page 270 of 719 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    The colorist's style works really well with Pepe Larraz's art. Glad to see Jean using some TK. I almost thought they were going to have Polaris be the one carrying Scott until seeing the color of the field around him.
    I'm not sure if Synch is duplicating Lorna's powers or if she is carrying him on that metallic disk, but Scott is definitely being carried by TK. Probably Jean's, since I think if it was Synch it would have his rainbow power signature rather than Jean's pink one.
    Dark does not mean deep.

The colorist's style works really well with Pepe Larraz's art. Glad to see Jean using some TK. I almost thought they were going to have Polaris be the one carrying Scott until seeing the color of the field around him.
    This looks great!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    This looks great!
    And it proves she can lift around 300lb with her tk nowadays! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    And it proves she can lift around 300lb with her tk nowadays!
    Yeah, I know.

But what else can we do? I would rather be happy when we see something positive with Jean, albeit how small, than bemoan things for another 270 pages.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Yeah, I know.

But what else can we do? I would rather be happy when we see something positive with Jean, albeit how small, than bemoan things for another 270 pages.
    I'm happy too. I'm just joking because of X-Men#17.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

You think so? I hope so! The fact that poor Gaby is pretty much left alone now and no one of her family (or Jean) is paying attention to her breaks my heart.

But considering how the writers ignore Jean when it comes to her own children, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we saw no reaction from her when it came to Gabby's death.
    I mean, she was a main centerpiece of raising Cable and I don't think that she inherently needs to have a huge bond with Rachel. I imagine if Gabby does die due to what's going on in New Mutants it would be felt in X-Men because Laura is there, and she and Jean also had a bond. So I'd hope so.

If you find the art you were looking for, would you post here? I'm curious, but I'm also lazy!
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I mean, she was a main centerpiece of raising Cable and I don't think that she inherently needs to have a huge bond with Rachel. I imagine if Gabby does die due to what's going on in New Mutants it would be felt in X-Men because Laura is there, and she and Jean also had a bond. So I'd hope so.
    In X-Factor (while Louise was writing it) and Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix, yes: Jean is treated as Nathan's mom. On the other books? Not to so much. Even as recent as Cable, she doesn't show up much (except for X of Swords). It's usually Scott who gets to be the dad, which I really like since I love the character too. I just wish they'd give as much opportunity for Jean to be his mother.

Rachel and Jean have made up since before Jean's wedding, though. Rachel calls her "mom" on the wedding issue as they hug. No drama, all happy feelings. I'm not sure why some writers insist on keep things weird between them. And yes, she has less of a bond with her daughter, but then again how can any bond be formed? In Hickman's X-Men book, for instance, we only see Scott trying to bond with Nathan and Rachel. So... if they never write Jean doing the same, those bonds will never exist, right? :(

Anyway, I had mentioned here before and with some friends, that I really hope Jean will pay attention to Gaby. I mean it: it breaks my heart to see the girl so worried and lonely.

--

Thanks a lot for sharing the art! :)
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-11-2021 at 09:23 AM.

BANNED

Killing Gabby would be crass.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't understand the need to have Jean be openly "motherly" towards Rachel. For basically ALL of her X-Men history (Not counting the time she and Scott spent raising Nathan) she's not really been a mother-figure, in any capacity, even after Rachel revealed who she was. They had their moment(s)...She acknowledges and accepts the connection...is that not enough? Why would she be giving out warm hugs and motherly advice...to an adult who doesn't really need it? (But who knows it's there, if she does)
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't understand the need to have Jean be openly "motherly" towards Rachel. For basically ALL of her X-Men history (Not counting the time she and Scott spent raising Nathan) she's not really been a mother-figure, in any capacity, even after Rachel revealed who she was. They had their moment(s)...She acknowledges and accepts the connection...is that not enough? Why would she be giving out warm hugs and motherly advice...to an adult who doesn't really need it? (But who knows it's there, if she does)
    First time she met Kitty, she huggged her. She was warm and maternal towards the teens and kids the X-Factor rescued. When Scott told her he had a son, she told him she had always thought they'd have a daughter, meaning she had planned/dreamed about it. She instantly connected and bonded with baby Chris (=Nathan), raising him until he's sent to the future. She was maternal towards Jubilee. She raised Nathan in the future. At the very beginning of The Twelve story, Jean and Scott are shown talking about having their own biological baby...

Jean is a maternal woman. The only instance where motherhood was not desired/accepted by her was with Rachel and it had to do with the period when Rachel arrived, not with motherhood or Rachel herself (Jean was struggling with the feeling her life was pre-determined).

As for Rachel not needing her parents? She's always been very attached to both Scott and Jean. Maybe less nowadays, but still...

Now, they put Jean in this role of being a mother and wanting to live a family life (made clear during X of Swords). So... if she's in this role with Scott, why isn't her motherhood being explored as much as his fatherhood? I don't think it's too absurd to ask or want to see it, considering this is the situation the current writers put her in.

EDIT: In X-Men: Red, she specifically looks for Rachel, Laura and Gaby to try to be a sort of parent for them, since their fathers were dead.

EDIT 2: Now that I think about it, even back in the O5 days, Jean was always shown taking care of the boys and the Professor. She was warm and maternal even as a teenager.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-11-2021 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Maybe if you like fun!
    Okay, you win. The character is perfectly fine, I just don't like the codename. Still, Laura wouldn't have been Wolverine if she didn't have a plucky sidekick.

Damn if this isn't a fantastic group shot. A few thoughts:

Jean must be using TK to keep her skirt in place, right?

Doesn't Laura look a little larger than usual?

I like the color showing Lorna's power reaching out.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Jean must be using TK to keep her skirt in place, right?
    She could. But that dress gives her this special power:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicSkirt

She could. But that dress gives her this special power:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicSkirt
    Well, Jean is a Mental "Wonder", after all!

Well, Jean is a Mental "Wonder", after all! ;)
    Right? :D

I'll say it again: the woman can fly and she started wearing that dress when she was still somewhat prude and shy. Of course, she wears shorts underneath it. We've just never seen it because it is a magical dress! :D

Who is under Jean sees "everything" ¬¬

Hickman: gasp, gasp