Page 598 of 719 FirstFirst ... 98498548588594595596597598599600601602608648698 ... LastLast
Results 8,956 to 8,970 of 10783

By the time X-Force is living at the mansion, Cable has a change of heart, sees the utility in developing all of his powers, says he'll lead by example by using his powers more with the team...Xavier gives a word of caution, and concludes by suggesting that he works with Jean "some more"(suggesting there have been at least some preliminary training between them)

Still poking around for any other training references, but those are what I remember

Are these supposed to be examples of Cable being asked to train Jean? If so, I'm not reading them that way at all. The implication is that she is to train him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Are these supposed to be examples of Cable being asked to train Jean?
    Nooooooo

The implication is that she is to train him.
    Yessss...Exactly my point. I've been saying that the Claremont Revolution era scene reads as if Jean has never trained Cable before...and I've been pointing out that she has trained Cable, both directly shown (the Phalanx Covenant), and other references to off-panel training (Xavier talking with Cable).

It would be as if Kitty said something similar to Wolverine and Wolverine says(or thinks) he might be able to teach her a thing or two about the martial arts. The obviousness of the experience gap between them is the lesser issue...it's the fact that he has already trained Kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Nooooooo

Yessss...Exactly my point. I've been saying that the Claremont Revolution era scene reads as if Jean has never trained Cable before...and I've been pointing out that she has trained Cable, both directly shown (the Phalanx Covenant), and other references to off-panel training (Xavier talking with Cable).

It would be as if Kitty said something similar to Wolverine and Wolverine says(or thinks) he might be able to teach her a thing or two about the martial arts. The obviousness of the experience gap between them is the lesser issue...it's the fact that he has already trained Kitty.
    And you posted these to prove that she could train him? Because she said, "I might even be able to teach him a thing or two about the art of psychic combat"?

...Oh, Omega...

Chiiile... 😂 You are too cute!

The Red Dragon

Not worth it to nitpick over a throw away line that was not even by the same writer. If we over analyzed every inconsistency or remark it just detracts from the book.

Jean and Rachel casually dumping all of Wanda's most traumatic memories and evil moments to a younger version was odd lol

Leah doesnt know how to write Jean well which is not surprising. Jean is usually more subtle and empathetic and doesnt just tackle such sensitive situations like a tank. Especially considering her history as Dark Phoenix, if Wanda had flipped out and gone dark on all of them, then they'd have themselves to blame

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Leah doesnt know how to write Jean well which is not surprising. Jean is usually more subtle and empathetic and doesnt just tackle such sensitive situations like a tank. Especially considering her history as Dark Phoenix, if Wanda had flipped out and gone dark on all of them, then they'd have themselves to blame
    Although I've loved the action scenes and moments with Rachel, Vision, and the Avengers she's given Jean, Leah's writing of her has been questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Jean and Rachel casually dumping all of Wanda's most traumatic memories and evil moments to a younger version was odd lol
    When did this happen? I though Wanda was dead.

baumblume

I Blame leah for shitty writing, shitty dialogue
    i dont Blame Jean

baumblume

the fact that she looks so much like Olsen sucks.why can’t they just stick with the source material instead of mcu-Ifying everything

Nothing about this issue felt like the MCU. If it did, it might have been good

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Exactly, and the way she and Rachel inserted memories in Wanda’s head is not even explained and it looks like those memories came from nowhere. One sentence would have been enough to explain what they were supposedly doing. And both Jean and Rachel have their past and their traumas with genocide and I don’t think they would simply go and give an obviously suspicious Wanda those horrible memories without a second thought. The depiction of the characters in general has been disappointing. Everyone else is just acting like an NPC. Magneto is just a punching bag, his name in the title is such a bait lol.
    Last edited by Starchilde; 10-21-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Even the Empyre memories that literally no one saw lol

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    When did this happen? I though Wanda was dead.
    In the last issue (ToM #3). Real Wanda is dead/in the astral plane, and in this issue another Wanda appearead that does not have her full memories (I think this Wanda was a failed resurrection attempt with an old backup). Now there are more than one version of Wanda in the book.