Page 558 of 719 FirstFirst ... 58458508548554555556557558559560561562568608658 ... LastLast
Results 8,356 to 8,370 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Didn't Jean do the pink form in the X-Men issue where they went to save Xandra and wore the X-Factor costumes?
    It was just a visual for her telepathy though, not really the same thing.

Didn't Jean do the pink form in the X-Men issue where they went to save Xandra and wore the X-Factor costumes?
    No. It was her astral form.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    lol. I don't think Duggan will do that, though. At least I hope not. That would sting!
    Uh-huh. I'll be there with my signs to help you protest.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

She hasnt done it in the current era or as an adult since her younger self returned to the past

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

The pink form was such a great visual for Jean's powers. I'm disappointed that nobody wants to include it more. It really helped Jean stand out from all the other telepaths out there. Part of me is hoping the MCU might try utilizing it, and perhaps then more would feel inclined to use it.

If the power comes back I'd rather it be updated and used more creatively. There's real potential in telepathy and telekinesis working together. "Big Blast" and "Big Punch" were a teenager's usage. I'd love to see the skillful ways a mature Jean Grey would use it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    The pink form was such a great visual for Jean's powers. I'm disappointed that nobody wants to include it more. It really helped Jean stand out from all the other telepaths out there. Part of me is hoping the MCU might try utilizing it, and perhaps then more would feel inclined to use it.
    Our fearless leader, JDW, says Jean probably thinks of the pink form as something she used to do as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Our fearless leader, JDW, says Jean probably thinks of the pink form as something she used to do as a kid.
    Which makes it sound like Jean is at least as powerful now with her separate TP and TK abilities as when she was when she did the pink form as a teen.

IOW, she does not need the pink form to be super powerful; Jean is super powerful today without it.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 10-05-2021 at 04:09 PM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Which makes it sound like Jean is at least as powerful now with her separate TP and TK abilities as when she was when she did the pink form as a teen.

IOW, she does not need the pink form to be super powerful; Jean is super powerful today without it.
    Exactly. Her power as displayed during her adventures as a time-displaced teenage are hers and they are canon.

Unlike the Phoenix Force, which is now getting passed around the entire Marvel Universe per Marvel Future Fight.

The Phoenix Force descends upon #MARVELFutureFight to choose its new vessel. The first contender is one who always gets back up.
    https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/...97584936624131
    Last edited by Mercury; 10-05-2021 at 04:39 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Exactly. Her power as displayed during her adventures as a time-displaced teenage are hers and they are canon.

Unlike the Phoenix Force, which is now getting passed around the entire Marvel Universe per Marvel Future Fight.

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/...97584936624131
    What the? I thought the new host was Echo?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Frankly, I'm done thinking about what Marvel is doing with the Phoenix Force. It really irritates me when I stop to consider what they've done with it already. And the fact that Claremont gets almost no credit for creating it is just... I'm just happy I'm over wanting Jean to be bonded with it. In fact, as I've shared before, I almost don't what it anywhere near her, lol. I'd rather the writers just focus on exploring her unlimited powers, which, if they continue doing a decent job, the way Duggan is, will give her just as many opportunities to shine without all of the baggage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    This game storyline is based on the story that Echo became the one true Phoenix in.

Jean's losses this era are being translated to the other mediums now. Yay.

The saving grace was that the people over the games and whatnot have more fondness for her than the comics people but...whoops lolol

Question - Does he Phoenix still collect pieces of every host it takes so when they die they go to the white hot room? At this point it can be a reality show "The Real World: White Hot Room".

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Question - Does he Phoenix still collect pieces of every host it takes so when they die they go to the white hot room? At this point it can be a reality show "The Real World: White Hot Room".
    Who knows? Phoenix canon fluctuates. I don't really remember that particular bit about the Phoenix collecting pieces of its hosts, but if that was established in a Jean Grey story, it's probably not canon anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Who knows? Phoenix canon fluctuates. I don't really remember that particular bit about the Phoenix collecting pieces of its hosts, but if that was established in a Jean Grey story, it's probably not canon anymore.
    I think it was from the Teen Jean solo? Let me go check again. *poofs*

Edit - Yeah it was. But if it's not canon anymore then rip.