Page 388 of 719 FirstFirst ... 288338378384385386387388389390391392398438488 ... LastLast
Results 5,806 to 5,820 of 10783
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Jean’s atomized stuff and done molecular tk without using her phoenix potential . As a teenager she reformed her body that takes molecular tk and sifted oxygen molecules so the team can breathe. Adult Jean recently atomized the plant people thing and left no trace of them. She also dealt with millions of microscopic nanites, reformed clothes using tk, and move oxygen molecules fast enough to create an explosion.
    Serious question, not trying to antagonise anyone.

In X-Force #6, Jean tore the plant-creatures apart, yes. But where does it say she atomized them?

Before anyone jumps on me: I know she can do that *even* without the Phoenix. I've said that countless of times in previous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Interesting that they refer to the Phoenix Force on the page above as "Fiery Order."
    I'm also wondering when this came out as this clearly say Wanda is still a mutant.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Serious question, not trying to antagonise anyone.

In X-Force #6, Jean tore the plant-creatures apart, yes. But where does it say she atomized them?

Before anyone jumps on me: I know she can do that *even* without the Phoenix. I've said that countless of times in previous posts.
    It is implied. After Quentin Quire breaks their necks, Hank tells Jean "Hold back a moment, Jean. Do you remember what Sage said? Leave behind no witnesses. The telefloronics are as capable of healing themselves as they are of hurting you." The last sentence is laid over a panel of the telefloronics Quire took out doing just that: healing themselves. At that point, after Jean expresses to Hank her hesitancy - "Whatever happened to kill no human?" - she disintegrates them because that is the only way they will not be able to heal/regenerate.

To disintegrate means the same as to atomize, i.e., to reduce to atoms or fine particles.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm also wondering when this came out as this clearly say Wanda is still a mutant.
    I believe those pages are from Avengers vs. X-Men #12.

The pages from X-Force #6. I want to go as far as saying she’s actually using her tk on a subatomic level here:

The pages from X-Force #6. I want to go as far as saying she’s actually using her tk on a subatomic level here:

I've mentioned this before, but I especially love that because she made good on the threat she made to the U-Men when she was first tapping into the Phoenix during that run...and now completely sans Phoenix

BANNED

This is why we don't separate Jean and Phoenix. The only reason to do it is to try to tear down her capabilities/limit what role she can have.

That being said, I don't know how literally we should take the art in X-Force 6. Could be the artist just didn't feel like drawing her smashing the plant people into things.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I've mentioned this before, but I especially love that because she made good on the threat she made to the U-Men when she was first tapping into the Phoenix during that run...and now completely sans Phoenix
    It really is delicious that we've been able to witness Jean, even during what many consider one of her "weakest" eras (I beg to differ) displaying such feats as using her telekinesis on a subatomic level to disintegrate a group of cyborgs, telepathically penetrating a god's mind and coordinating a successful attack on said god, telekinetically catapulting a multiple-ton skyscraper-sized space station at speeds upwards of 11,251 miles per hour, and, as Duggan noted on Twitter, simultaneously saving all of New York from a psi-attack with a telepathic shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    That being said, I don't know how literally we should take the art in X-Force 6. Could be the artist just didn't feel like drawing her smashing the plant people into things.
    There really is nothing to interpret. Quentin Quire "killed" the telefloronics by telekinetically breaking their necks in the previous pages, and they survived and were able to regenerate themselves. At the same time, Beast warned Jean that they could regenerate and advised her: "Leave no witnesses behind." Furthermore, he began to stress what he meant by stating, "If you're going to ensure they stay down, I'm going to need you to...," before, as the panel shows, she disintegrated them.

"Smashing the plant people into things" would have still left them the opportunity to regenerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    This is why we don't separate Jean and Phoenix. The only reason to do it is to try to tear down her capabilities/limit what role she can have.
    Ab-so-lute-ly! For me, tapping into the Phoenix Force is as much an aspect of her powers as are her TP and TK. For now she has consciously severed ties to it...but she'll always be able to access it...

Fantastic Member

There really is nothing to interpret. Quentin Quire "killed" the telefloronics by telekinetically breaking their necks in the previous pages, and they survived and were able to regenerate themselves. At the same time, Beast warned Jean that they could regenerate and advised her: "Leave no witnesses behind." Furthermore, he began to stress what he meant by stating, "If you're going to ensure they stay down, I'm going to need you to...," before, as the panel shows, she disintegrated them.

"Smashing the plant people into things" would have still left them the opportunity to regenerate.
    Jean would've had to atomize those. Because if she smashes it, they can still regenerate. I recall one exchange between Laura Kinney and Gabby Kinney (this was the future), where Gabby was pounded by Thanos that she turned into a puddle of blood. And Laura had to place her in a jar where she re-generated and came back.
    So for this regeneration to not occur, Jean would've disintegrated it at an atomic/molecular level.

Plus you do see, that these 'creatures' were standing upright, but when Jean did her thing, you see them 'burning' like paper where it splits into pieces of nothingness.

Exactly, Mike.

Also, that time in the very recent past, i.e., this era, that Jean merged her powers with those of two other teammates... #OmegaThings:

On two separate occasions, Destiny couldn't "read" Jean...called her a nexus of probabilities and also time&space displaced...I've had a pet theory for a while that Jean's true connection goes beyond the Phoenix Force, and to the M'Kraan Crystal itself, aka the nexus of all realities, and where the White Hot Room exists, which Jean has shown to be able to manipulate and also be her most powerful incarnation.

BANNED

Double post deleted...
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-22-2021 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Double post deleted.

BANNED

All of this. Theoretically, Jean can do everything Atom Eve, who was totally inspired by and based on her, can do.
    Have you ever seen Invincible the animated series or read the comic book? Both are really good
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-22-2021 at 01:31 PM.