Page 268 of 719 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318368 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    No, because they were all created from Emma's eggs. Of which there were at least a thousand, possibly more. They used someone's sperm and impregnated the ovum. They also used science to make sure that each Cuckoo looked exactly the same and had the same power; that's why it's genetic engineering.
    That is called cloning.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    That is called cloning.
    No, lol. It's not. It's literally called genetic engineering. They're test-tube babies.

Even though they weren't grown in the womb of an actual person they still gestated and were 'born.'

Laura Kinney isn't a clone either, because she was created and genetically engineered using Logan's sperm.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

No, lol. It's not. It's literally called genetic engineering. They're test-tube babies.

Even though they weren't grown in the womb of an actual person they still gestated and were 'born.'

Laura Kinney isn't a clone either, because she was created and genetically engineered using Logan's sperm.
    They were all made to have the same DNA, 1000 babies with sme DNA is cloning. I'm not saying they are ema's clone, but clones of each other

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    No, Cuckoos gonna be ressurrected, they already were. Emma would put them on ressurrection
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No and we already know thats not true bc 2 of them have already been resurrected. Part of the Cuckoos mutation is their hive mind and they are stronger as a unit. They are crippled just as a person is when they lose a limb. They operate best as the Five in One
    Sure, but that was before the QC discussed Madelyne’s situation and decided on the cloning issue. I wonder if the Cuckoos would be included in the DNR list for the future. :D

No, because they were all created from Emma's eggs. Of which there were at least a thousand, possibly more. They used someone's sperm and impregnated the ovum. They also used science to make sure that each Cuckoo looked exactly the same and had the same power; that's why it's genetic engineering.
    In theory - and that’s what I think they did - they could have used Emma’s DNA as the “father” DNA as well. Basically, you get the DNA of one of the eggs and you insert it on another egg. Those are two halves of human DNA, it’s possible.

I think they did that a good 500 times until they got what they wanted: the first Cuckoo. As her cell duplicated, they kept separating them, effectively creating new first cells for different individuals, who would be, by definition, clones.

Now, that would make the Cuckoos ridiculously similar to Emma when it comes to their DNA, but not exactly the same (because of the “crossing over” phenomenon that occurs during meiosis). But they'd still be clones of each other.

Laura has more than 50% of Logan’s DNA, though, right? Her “mother” only used her DNA where Logan’s wasn’t available, so Laura is more than Logan’s biological daughter created in vitro. Or did they retcon that? Honest question because I haven’t read everything X-23-related. I’m not challenging you. :)
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-10-2021 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    No, knowing Hickman everything will explode or they will enter a different stage. It depends on where each character ends after the crisis.
    That’s what I’ll be paying close attention to. I’m not so sure the honeymoon period will be over for some of them, because I don’t think it’s occurring naturally.

I think they are sisters, like if your mom had a hundred babies, who were genetically engineered to look the same as your mom.
    Well, it’s more than looks. The goal was to re-create Emma’s telepathy, but to have it multiplied thousands of times in a hive-mind that worked like one, in order to boost their ability to influence the minds of everyone.

Like I said: identical twins, triplets, etc are natural occurring clones. But they’re actual clones.

And that’s why we had to have seen that discussion about clones. Because using the mere definition of “clones” is very tricky.

He could but his argument would not pass imo, the clones are not the problem, even Joseph, Magneto´s clone, could be brought back without much trouble because they are different people but Maddie I guess gets a different treatment because of her story, her sharing a soul with Jean, not sure how that works yet but JDW talked about it and her intention to bring down Krakoa. It seemed very much implied on that issue of Hellions.
    Yes, Madelyne is a whole different discussion: she would not have been viable if it wasn’t for a part of Jean’s soul/essence/memories/whatever. She’s more than a copy of Jean’s body with an entire existence of her own. In other words, she’s *more* than a clone.

I think Gaby should talk with Logan and Jean to explain this because I very much doubt she doesn´t have a body ready if she´s ever hurt, Logan would not accept anything less for her.
    That would be true if the “no clones allowed” had been a more nuanced decision. But we just don’t know.

We really need more scenes of X-men in our X-men comics XD
    I didn’t know if I was supposed to laugh or cry when I read that, my friend. But boy, oh, boy! Aren’t you right about that! :)

I believe you will get your wish XD
    Fingers crossed! :D

Let the man get sloppy, this may be his first vacation in years but now that you mention it this would explain why Krakoa has had so many attacks in a short time.
    And the fact that *after* those attacks, after almost losing his son again, he’s *still* relaxed? I’m sorry, that’s not Scott at his normal. Something external has to be affecting him or he got a few screws lose when he was resurrected.

Nah, not neccesary, it´s interesting to have different povs, I have been having bad feelings from some of this stories myself and I like the fact they will lead to the natural conclusion of developing a crisis on the island.
    That’s what I’m hoping for too.

I don´t want to accuse anyone but I saw him sharing tea with Charles and Moira so this may be the same Scott´s is drinking XD Don´t be mean Moira, he doesn´t make tea for everybody.
    Oh my god! Thanks so much for sharing! I’d forgotten about those panels! There’s actually shady Krakoan tea in the story! :D :D :D

Seriously: it really made me laugh. Thanks, my friend! :D

I think Onslaught´s is like one of this adversaries that just keep getting back after a while and it would just make it worse for David, he has enough with his own personalities to try to keep Onslaught in check still I could see him try this but it would only come back to bit them later.
    As far as I remember, David has, at least two external minds inside his (Jemail and Marci). Meaning, those people were never one of his alters, but people who had lives and whose psyche’s were absorbed by David.

If David tried absorbing Onslaught or did that by accident, it would *certainly* come back to bite them all later. But it could diffuse the bomb for a while and it would allow that story to remain contained in Way of X.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Sure, but that was before the QC discussed Madelyne’s situation and decided on the cloning issue. I wonder if the Cuckoos would be included in the DNR list for the future.
    No they wouldnt for the reasons I mentioned

No they wouldnt for the reasons I mentioned
    Right! I'd forgotten about this data page. Thanks a lot!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Jean and her new team

Jean looked so good at the Gala. Her reaching out to every Mutant on earth was quite impressive as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Jean looked so good at the Gala. Her reaching out to every Mutant on earth was quite impressive as well.
    I didnt even think of it and you are right. She didnt need to use Cerebro either

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Laura has more than 50% of Logan’s DNA, though, right? Her “mother” only used her DNA where Logan’s wasn’t available, so Laura is more than Logan’s biological daughter created in vitro. Or did they retcon that? Honest question because I haven’t read everything X-23-related. I’m not challenging you.
    It was a semi-recent retcon! In All New Wolverine it was established that she was 100% his kid as opposed to his clone in any capacity.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Yes, I agree.

We do get examples of Jean's beauty and power.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

At least this time Jean is showed to be a omega mutant on her own right.

Still zero character work

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Why won't they just call her Marvel Woman? There's Spider-Woman, Invisible Woman, Power Woman, etc. Come on Marvel.

The X-men 1 trailer looks good. I can't wait to see what is in store for Jean and Scott's new team of X-men. The art looks great. Pepe makes the Marvel Girl look work though I prefer how he did the mask on the House of X 1 cover but it is what it is. Jean at least has a very distinct look (for better or for worse lol). To those concerned about lack of tk usage Jean appears to be levitating herself and Cyclops in the preview.

I was hoping to get a text preview of Planet Size X-men today... maybe tomorrow unless it is too spoilery. Any bets on what Jean does? Just links everyone together or something more involved?

I could see Jean, Quire, and Exodus doing something together or even throw in Proteus since his powers are psionic. I kind of doubt that will happen but it would be interesting to see.

I am excited to see what Storm does and I kind of hope (though not sure how it would work) that Jean and Storm can do something cool together.

It was a semi-recent retcon! In All New Wolverine it was established that she was 100% his kid as opposed to his clone in any capacity.
    Thank you so much. :)

I didn't read that run indeed. Is it good?

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Why won't they just call her Marvel Woman? There's Spider-Woman, Invisible Woman, Power Woman, etc. Come on Marvel.
    And in my very biased opinion, no other character would deserve more the codename! :D

Marvel Woman = Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    The X-men 1 trailer looks good. I can't wait to see what is in store for Jean and Scott's new team of X-men. The art looks great. Pepe makes the Marvel Girl look work though I prefer how he did the mask on the House of X 1 cover but it is what it is. Jean at least has a very distinct look (for better or for worse lol). To those concerned about lack of tk usage Jean appears to be levitating herself and Cyclops in the preview.

I was hoping to get a text preview of Planet Size X-men today... maybe tomorrow unless it is too spoilery. Any bets on what Jean does? Just links everyone together or something more involved?

I could see Jean, Quire, and Exodus doing something together or even throw in Proteus since his powers are psionic. I kind of doubt that will happen but it would be interesting to see.

I am excited to see what Storm does and I kind of hope (though not sure how it would work) that Jean and Storm can do something cool together.
    Thanks for posting this. I googled the trailer right away. I didn't see the part where it seems Jean is using her tk, though.

Oh, well... I like the heroic poses she's striking and the long hair, so there's that! :D

I don't expect much from Planet Size, though. Jean is in a bit of a limbo for this event, isn't she? She's not really involved with what the X-Force is doing for the Gala and the X-Men book won't be released before it's over, so... realistically speaking, she'll probably just be there having her pink psychic signature effect around her, doing some mutant-power-fusion thing they'll try to sell us by explaining how it works in those narrative boxes.

I'd be positively surprised if she has a cool moment, though. That's for sure. But I'm not holding my breath.

EDIT: I saw the tk effect around Scott now! Wow, that means she can still lift him other than herself!:D
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-10-2021 at 03:01 PM.