Page 517 of 719 FirstFirst ... 17417467507513514515516517518519520521527567617 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,755 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Since Sunfire has a yellow orange aura, I would like to see Jean make pink Phoenix raptors.
    Jean makes her pink raptors without the Phoenix Force.

BANNED

Since Sunfire has a yellow orange aura, I would like to see Jean make pink Phoenix raptors.
    It's not happening. Editorial doesn't like positive portrayals of Jean with the Phoenix and they are pushing that other random character that is the true Phoenix host now.

Jane Foster as Thor was one of Gus few good ideas and that is making the next Thor movie.
    Sorry I wasn't talking about Jane Foster, but Aaron's Phoenix and her "relationship" with Thor lol, I'm sure that Feige would not introduce that tho

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    It's not happening. Editorial doesn't like positive portrayals of Jean with the Phoenix and they are pushing that other random character that is the true Phoenix host now.
    I haven't verified to see if it's true, but some people are saying that Echo as Phoenix has not been well received. Also, don't ever count the Phoenix Force returning to Jean. I'm certainly not one of the fans pining for that, but even I know not to make absolute statements about Jean and her relationship with the P.F.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I haven't verified to see if it's true, but some people are saying that Echo as Phoenix has not been well received. Also, don't ever count the Phoenix Force returning to Jean. I'm certainly not one of the fans pining for that, but even I know not to make absolute statements about Jean and her relationship with the P.F.
    We can make those statements in this era. I'm sure it makes her too powerful (meanwhile Thor gets to be Thor).

This is the editorial group that went well out of the way to explicitly say that Jean isn't as powerful as she has been depicted before.

Edit: I just remembered that Jordan D. White has already said she is not going to be Phoenix.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/06/14/x-...e-gala-week-2/

The hate-boner for Jean has hella stamina lmao.

How would you confirm how Echo Phoenix is being received?
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 09-14-2021 at 06:00 PM.

We can make those statements in this era. I'm sure it makes her too powerful (meanwhile Thor gets to be Thor).
    Oh, Kitty... I can't with you, lol. :hug:

How would you confirm how Echo Phoenix is being received?
    Well, for starters, reading the reviews of the recently released Phoenix Song, which I might just do after I finish my last assignment for the night. Also, checking the sales numbers and going on Twitter and the like to see what the reactions have been.
    Last edited by Mercury; 09-14-2021 at 06:19 PM.

BANNED

I hope you are right, but Twitter is more representative of this board than fans in general. Most will take what they are being fed anyhow, and if EchoPhoenix is what Marvel wants, that's what people will see.

I guess we will always have Claremont and Morrison lolol

I hope you are right, but Twitter is more representative of this board than fans in general. Most will take what they are being fed anyhow, and if EchoPhoenix is what Marvel wants, that's what people will see.

I guess we will always have Claremont and Morrison lolol
    Honestly, I haven't seen anyone really talking about Echo as Phoenix. It's like the release came and went. I think Marvel knows or is realizing that Phoenix is only really a moneymaker for them when it's connected to Jean.

BANNED

You so love negativity, don’t you? Editors at Marvel, just like writers come and go.

Ultimately Marvel is a business and branding does matter. Echo is just a random holder till they have Jean become Phoenix again.

BANNED

Honestly, I haven't seen anyone really talking about Echo as Phoenix. It's like the release came and went. I think Marvel knows or is realizing that Phoenix is only really a moneymaker for them when it's connected to Jean.
    Of course, they know. Especially with mutants coming to MCU. A sigh of future big plans for Jean is the return of Madelyne Pryor.

Well, for starters, reading the reviews of the recently released Phoenix Song, which I might just do after I finish my last assignment for the night. Also, checking the sales numbers and going on Twitter and the like to see what the reactions have been.
    Phoenix Song is still not released, first issue is next month. Jean is supposedly going to have an appearence in the second issue (if I'm not mistaken).

Of course, they know. Especially with mutants coming to MCU. A sigh of future big plans for Jean is the return of Madelyne Pryor.
    Why do you think this?

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Phoenix Song is still not released, first issue is next month. Jean is supposedly going to have an appearence in the second issue (if I'm not mistaken).
    Well, no wonder! I must be thinking about the preview or announcement a few weeks ago. Where did you hear that she will be appearing?

Why do you think this?

Well, no wonder! I must be thinking about the preview or announcement a few weeks ago. Where did you hear that she will be appearing?
    Jean is on the cover for the second issue. Apparently Echo will be going to Krakoa.

Here is the cover:

PHXSONGECHO20210002_cvr-2.jpg

Astonishing Member

It's actually pretty interesting because I really do feel like the severing of Jean Grey and the Phoenix by Marvel has more to do with the movie rights than anything. Separation of Jean Grey in the Phoenix started all the way back in Avengers versus X-Men with the introduction of that weird NOT!Jean Phoenix avatar. Since then Marvel's been slowly moving the Phoenix away from the exit franchise. Now with the X-Men rights back with Marvel / Disney I definitely do see them giving the Phoenix Force back to the X franchise. And considering we probably won't get any real X-Men cameos until 2023 and probably not real X-Men movie until 2025 but probably just let Jason Aaron finish out his Phoenix storyline for a few more years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It's actually pretty interesting because I really do feel like the severing of Jean Grey and the Phoenix by Marvel has more to do with the movie rights than anything. Separation of Jean Grey in the Phoenix started all the way back in Avengers versus X-Men with the introduction of that weird NOT!Jean Phoenix avatar. Since then Marvel's been slowly moving the Phoenix away from the exit franchise. Now with the X-Men rights back with Marvel / Disney I definitely do see them giving the Phoenix Force back to the X franchise. And considering we probably won't get any real X-Men cameos until 2023 and probably not real X-Men movie until 2025 but probably just let Jason Aaron finish out his Phoenix storyline for a few more years.
    Agreed. Not sure how long they will let Aaron continue his Phoenix mess, but I totally agree. In that time Marcel was careful not to write any good X-Men comic book stories, as this could help Fox’s movie business and at one point in the comics they were pretty much trying to replace mutants with Inhumans. After Inhumans didn’t work and after they regained mutants rights by buying Fox, finally the mutants get serious development. And very recently so has Jean herself.