Page 188 of 719 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288688 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 10783
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Thanks. By the way though her recent Marvel Legends figure is pretty accurate it’s far too short which makes her look younger than she should be. It also calls her Marvel Girl which I hate, she’s a woman not girl!
    You know, this is actually funny: for a long time I had this feeling that Jean was tall. But that's because the artists mostly ignore her height. She's supposed to be 5'6'', which actually makes her one of the shortests female heroes (Marvel powered women tend to be taller than average). :)

PS: by, the way, I edited the previous post to reply to both of yours.

Jean sighting in WOX

God I hope not I like Jean as a character, but have always found Cyclops to be pretty boring, if not the most boring of X-Men characters. All their attempts to make him more interesting have just succeeded in making him unlikeable on top of being boring.
    Seems like we are stuck with him if we want to read Jean. Scott had everything to be a character I like, but writers relaly made him a model for toxic masculinity.

I hope this sells bad, so we can get Jean as a solo leader back.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

You want a book where Jean is the (co)-leader to sell badly because you want a book where Jean's the only leader? If this book sells bad or is received badly the chances of the opposite are happening as opposed to anything else. Hope that the book sells well.

And Jean has been fine with Scott his entire era. His whole 'toxic masculinity' phase, if you want to call it that, has been over for most of the decade.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

co-leader is a good way of saying that Jean is there to be Scott's arm candy.

Yes, I want Jean grey to go back to being leader without being defined by a relationship. That is what the character needs.

A writer just needs to hate on Jean to Scott go back to his old ways, it is a matter of time. And no she isn't alriht with him.

I'm sorry on my negativity.

says a lot when Teen Grey was more mature than the adult one

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Wanting the books your favourite characters are starring in to do badly...well...that's certainly a different way to appreciate Jean as a character. and leader.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

So good to see Jean looking and feeling like a real superheroine again! I've always thought Jean would look amazing in some kind of cape or train and I wasn't wrong!
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 05-04-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post

So good to see Jean looking and feeling like a real superheroine again! I've always thought Jean would look amazing in some kind of cape or train and I wasn't wrong!
    Dauterman is a god!! His variant covers gonna sell like water

It feels powerful and elegant at the same time, perfect translation of her character

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post

I love the teal green legs and arms. Looks amazing. I also like the pose down to the fingers, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

God I hope not I like Jean as a character, but have always found Cyclops to be pretty boring, if not the most boring of X-Men characters. All their attempts to make him more interesting have just succeeded in making him unlikeable on top of being boring.
    Scott used to be perceived as kind of a boring/boy scout character, especially early and mid 90s but during the rightclops era it seemed like he was a fan favorite. His image definitely changed. It is interesting to me that you see more fans calling him boring again. I witnessed a lot of that on twitter when the new X-men team was announced.

I love both Scott and Jean and my preference is for them to be close friends but they are back as lovers and little will change that so I accept it. I’m hoping this book is great -excellent writing and great art. I hope we see Jean as an equal to Scott as an X-men leader. I remain optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Scott used to be perceived as kind of a boring/boy scout character, especially early and mid 90s but during the rightclops era it seemed like he was a fan favorite. His image definitely changed. It is interesting to me that you see more fans calling him boring again. I witnessed a lot of that on twitter when the new X-men team was announced.
    Cyclops is no longer the character who represents the ideological leadership of almost all mutants including Xavier and Magneto as he was a few years ago. Xavier is very much the top dog of his faction of mutants again like he was two decades go and Magneto is no longer sub-Scott as he was much of last decade.

If one digs beneath the surface right now you have a Xavier faction mainly led from the Summers habitat and a Magneto faction led mainly out of the House of M habitat. Each faction right now is working hand and agree on the overall goal so any divide that may exist is obscured.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I don't know if I'd like her to be too close to Magneto these days. His rhetoric has been... I'll say, with caution, anti-human.

I like the image, though, because together with Charles and Moira, he is the architect and backbone of this society, so for Jean to be standing next to him it shows how important she is.

I just wouldn't want her to be ideologically aligned with everything Krakoa is about. I think her biggest contribution for Krakoa was the "Murder No Man" law. And I'd like her to be that voice of quiet and diplomatic disagreement who steers this society into a less dark, less separatist way, you know?
    Jean was ardently against the idea of Magneto controlled Genosha, but times change. The key feature of her coming X-Men run is that she will be among humans and lots of them and fighting for them. It would seem the perfect place for old time heroics for all without conflict or contention or would it?
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-04-2021 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    co-leader is a good way of saying that Jean is there to be Scott's arm candy.

Yes, I want Jean grey to go back to being leader without being defined by a relationship. That is what the character needs.

A writer just needs to hate on Jean to Scott go back to his old ways, it is a matter of time. And no she isn't alriht with him.

I'm sorry on my negativity.

says a lot when Teen Grey was more mature than the adult one

I'm not trying to upset anyone, I just really don't get it.

Why are male characters allowed to be in a relationship without being defined by it but a female character isn't?

I mean, conceptually: why would such a difference exist?

I think the problem is just bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Jean was ardently against the idea of Magneto controlled Genosha, but times change. The key feature of her coming X-Men run is that she will be among humans and lots of them and fighting for them. It would seem the perfect place for old time heroics for all without conflict or contention or would it?
    It's hard to say what made Jean go to Krakoa because they didn't show us. Maybe Charles asked her to go because he thought if she was there things wouldn't go bad? Maybe it was the promise of a safe place to raise a family? I really don't know.

But I'm really hoping that spending less time on Krakoa and more time with humans will make her start questioning some things.

Personally, I think the X-books now are great science fiction but not great X-Men stories. I need some more heroics and idealism. Again, just my opinion. It's just what I enjoy more.

That being said, I'm not expecting much from this book in terms of overall advancement of the Krakoan tale. But I hope I'm wrong. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    It's hard to say what made Jean go to Krakoa because they didn't show us. Maybe Charles asked her to go because he thought if she was there things wouldn't go bad? Maybe it was the promise of a safe place to raise a family? I really don't know.

But I'm really hoping that spending less time on Krakoa and more time with humans will make her start questioning some things.

Personally, I think the X-books now are great science fiction but not great X-Men stories. I need some more heroics and idealism. Again, just my opinion. It's just what I enjoy more.

That being said, I'm not expecting much from this book in terms of overall advancement of the Krakoan tale. But I hope I'm wrong.
    Jean I have long regarded as very much the female vanguard of Xavier's dream for mutants. She is about to be among humanity protecting them which is very much apart of that old dream. Is Jean of this new era hostile to humanity? Will she be exclusively protecting humans for the betterment of mutants?
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-04-2021 at 10:56 AM.

Fantastic Member

Why are male characters allowed to be in a relationship without being defined by it but a female character isn't?

I mean, conceptually: why would such a difference exist?

I think the problem is just bad writing.
    ICA.

It is subjective, but I frequently find stories a little enriched, if there is a touch of romance or relationship insight.

I would love for Ron Marz to get his hands on Jean Grey.