Page 195 of 719 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295695 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm not going to stop. Someone asked a question and I replied.
    You said that she only did speeches and not action on Red

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    You said that she only did speeches and not action on Red
    Yes, and she did. She stared at the camera and gave speeches. Nothing wrong with it, but after eleven issues, it was bland and one note.

Yes, and she did. She stared at the camera and gave speeches. Nothing wrong with it, but after eleven issues, it was bland and one note.
    She did a lot more than that. That was th ebest book she stared, IDK why you are being unfair to it just because it isn't krakoa

She did a lot more than that. That was th ebest book she stared, IDK why you are being unfair to it just because it isn't krakoa
    I'm just giving my opinion. Jean vs Soldiers? Speech. Jean vs Nova? Speech ( I think times 2??).

It has nothing to do with Krakoa. Taylor's Jean fell flat in the end unfortunately. I'm sure most won't agree, but that does nothing to prevent me from expressing myself. Surely you understand that don't you?
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 05-06-2021 at 09:02 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Well, that was just a bad side effect of stuffing a book with too many characters. Hopefully if Taylor gets another shot at Jean, he'll tone down on the guests.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I'm just giving my opinion. Jean vs Soldiers? Speech. Jean vs Nova? Speech ( I think times 2??).

It has nothing to do with Krakoa. Taylor's Jean feel flat in the end unfortunately. I'm sure most won't agree, but that does nothing to prevent me from expressing myself. Surely you understand that don't you?
    I loved X-men Red but til this day I still think it should have ended with an all out knock down and drag out fight between Jean and Cassandra. I know, why Taylor did things differently but I've always felt the ending didn't do the beginning justice even if it was inline with the overall theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Well, that was just a bad side effect of stuffing a book with too many characters. Hopefully if Taylor gets another shot at Jean, he'll tone down on the guests.
    Agree. Too many chaarcters for only 11 issues. But I dont see him getting another chance again so soon. He is on fire on DC comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    As for the psychic link. It had been broken at that point.

Now, personally, I don't think it was actually broken. I think it was blocked on his side and Jean knew it. And that's why Jean refused to use her telepathy and look in his mind when he asked her to do so because he wasn't able to communicate with her the extent of the trauma and what was going on with him.

The reason I believe it, though, is just my conjecture based on how Jean describes the psychic bond to him during the DPS and the fact it was still there when Rachel brings their minds to the future and they land on human (flatscan) bodies. She’s not on her body, she’s not a telepath, she’s not even a mutant and, somehow, the bond is still there, so I think it's safe to assume the thing can't actually be broken.

But none of them knew that for sure. In the scene I copied on a previous post, when Jean loses her telepathy, the link is gone. I think that's her subconsciously blocking it because she doesn't fully understand the rapport herself. Then later, because of Apocalypse, Scott was the one doing it.

Does it make sense to you?

Anyway, this is just what I think. They never really defined the rapport very well and different writers wrote it differently.
    No, it doesn't make any sense to me. If it an't be undone why it was undone many times?

Shouldn’t he be in charge of the X-Force, then? He’s not even briefed on the intelligence they gather, is he?

The captains only do something in times of war, I believe. But, please, correct me if I’m wrong. I’m not contesting your view.
    No, he shouldn't be in charge of X-force and ctains arent about time of war. Scott is the great captain he takes care of the security of the island.
    X-force is separated, as it is a secret force that only answer to Xavier. It's a intelligence operation. You don't want information leaking when Scott is often out of krakoa on missions.

What would qualify like that to you, then? It’s like she has a team she’s leading, then?
    That could be it, but the focus has to be on her. So I guess it is better a solo

Third? When did the first two chances happened?

Their marriage was doing great.

Before Apocalypse possessed Scott, he and Jean were planing on taking a break from the X-Men so they could have kids. In fact, The Twelve story starts with Scott thinking about how much he wants that as he’s feeling he’s being dragged into the X-men craze again, divided between what he wants and his sense of duty…
    There is the time with psyclocke, he abandoning his wife and kid to see Jean, the affair and him dating Emma

I wish we’d be out of this Krakoan era too. But I think they’ll milk this cow until its dry. So… I’m hoping something good/fun comes while we’re at it, you know?

But I do understand you. And it just breaks my heart, self-friend. Whenever you want to vent, I’ll be willing to “listen”, okay?
    They are aready milking it, x-men have been selling like crap for some time and people are waking up that they are being scammed.

Thanks for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I loved X-men Red but til this day I still think it should have ended with an all out knock down and drag out fight between Jean and Cassandra. I know, why Taylor did things differently but I've always felt the ending didn't do the beginning justice even if it was inline with the overall theme.
    I feel the same.

I give Red a hard time, but its only because I wanted more from Taylor. I enjoyed Red, and have defended it in the past, but I was disappointed that we never got the showdown most of us were expecting. Jean was confident and capable, but we never got to see her really cut loose. The closet we got was with that guy in the annual who tossed a hotdog at Kurt, and I would've liked to see that energy directed at Nova herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Duggan gave Jean a good show in that Cable issue so I hope so.

What do you think about Percy? Wasn't a fan of her dying in Wolverine #1 but I liked how she ended the plant threat in X-Force.
    I love Percy’s Jean. There have been a few instances where she has seemed a tad too aggressive, but I think that mainly is due to the overall tone of the book. Percy’s Jean is intelligent, caring and passionate. And damn powerful.

I really liked how Duggan wrote Jean in Cable, so I look forward to his X-Men.

(I do wish the editors could have a bible about the characters, their power level, their personality. Cause right now Hickman writes one version of Jean whereas Percy writes a different woman.)

X-men red was never about cuting loose. Jean was still more powerful and a true leader on it.
    Now sheis a housewife and get killed by Wolerien and we have to think it is a better writing

I think when you're dealing with a powerful telepath who played a part in killing sixteen million people, and put your daughter in collar with a leash, then at some point, you should cut loose. But that's just me.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

No, it doesn't make any sense to me. If it an't be undone why it was undone many times?
    That's the thing: inconsitent writing.

The way I make sense of it is that sometimes, one of them, subsconsciously block it without really realising they're doing it. But, really: it's not canon.

No, he shouldn't be in charge of X-force and ctains arent about time of war. Scott is the great captain he takes care of the security of the island.
    X-force is separated, as it is a secret force that only answer to Xavier. It's a intelligence operation. You don't want information leaking when Scott is often out of krakoa on missions.
    Okay, if you say so. I can't really argue one way or another. It just doesn't make much sense to me that the head of security doesn't get the intelligence briefings. But Krakoa is a weird society, so who knows?

There is the time with psyclocke, he abandoning his wife and kid to see Jean, the affair and him dating Emma
    - Psylocke/Revanche/whoever-that-was: physical attraction that resulted in one stolen kiss from her part. If we're judging by those merits... Do I have to mention Logan? :D
    - Madelyne: he was Madelyne's husband, not Jean's.
    - Emma: yes, there was the affair. But the "dating" only came after Jean's death, because Jean pushed him to be with Emma. Scott actually refused Emma's offer to reopen the school and be with her.

They are aready milking it, x-men have been selling like crap for some time and people are waking up that they are being scammed.

Thanks for listening.
    I'd hope they could transition out of it as fast as possible. Like I said, I miss more heroics. :)

As for listening: no problem. Any time. :)
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 05-06-2021 at 09:35 AM.

the affair
    You mean the time Scott was mind raped by his therapist

BANNED

I think when you're dealing with a powerful telepath who played a part in killing sixteen million people, and put your daughter in collar with a leash, then at some point, you should cut loose. But that's just me.
    The X-Men or any superhero comic are lacking diverse and continuity over the last decade and that is why sales have gone down. I guess having Jean dealing with X-Force is somewhat needed. I think most telepaths haven't really gotten to that point really. But I am not sure. Except for Betsy for sure, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    That's the thing: inconsitent writing.

The way I make sense of it is that sometimes, one of them, subsconsciously block it without really realising they're doing it. But, really: it's not canon.
    This is a huge problem on comics

Okay, if you say so. I can't really argue one way or another. It just doesn't make much sense to me that the head of security doesn't get the intelligence briefings. But Krakoa is a weird society, so who knows?
    Intelligence briefing usually go for the president, Xavier is the closest to a president krakoa has. That is why X-force submits to him and then he can decide who to inform: Scott, quiet council...

- Psylocke/Revanche/whoever-that-was: physical attraction that resulted in one stolen kiss from her part. If we're judging by those merits... Do I have to mention Logan?
    - Madelyne: he was Madelyne's husband, not Jean's.
    - Emma: yes, there was the affair. But the "dating" only came after Jean's death, because Jean pushed him to be with Emma. Scott actually refused Emma's offer to reopen the school and be with her.
    Ok psyclocke, is a case I can dismiss. Logan harassed jean many times, I still very unconforstable with a cover of hi harassing her.
    Maddie, Jean has her memories. Anyway I owuldn't trust a guy that just leave his family to see his GF, even if his GF is me. Jean choose very wrong.
    Scott was going to choose her, Jean died and he felt guilty. Jean just put what should had happened.

I'd hope they could transition out of it as fast as possible. Like I said, I miss more heroics.

As for listening: no problem. Any time.
    I'm tired of the x-men needing to discuss if they gonna save the world with a bunch of villains on the island.