Page 531 of 719 FirstFirst ... 31431481521527528529530531532533534535541581631 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,965 of 10783

Am I alone in thinking that every telepath, especially one as skilled as Jean, should be at a 5 or 6 on the intelligent rating? Jean stored Xavier's entire mind so I don't think it's that far fetched to say she could download everything the likes of Tony Stark or Mr. Fantastic know. Hell she downloaded Beast's bio knowledge when she put Emma back together.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Starting to read Jean Grey (2017) again. I love how this series both remained faithful to her roots and modernized her. I am itching for a writer to explore how Jean juggles and reconciles her memories from her life continuity and her time travels. From Jean Grey #1:

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

I have a question about Mental Powers Level 6: Definition seems to indicate that multiple developed mental powers are necessary which then makes the person a psionic master. It is not an "either/or". Am I reading this correctly?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Am I alone in thinking that every telepath, especially one as skilled as Jean, should be at a 5 or 6 on the intelligent rating? Jean stored Xavier's entire mind so I don't think it's that far fetched to say she could download everything the likes of Tony Stark or Mr. Fantastic know. Hell she downloaded Beast's bio knowledge when she put Emma back together.
    That's the problem with that stat, right? It really depends on how you define intelligence.

Do you see intelligence as amount of knowledge? The ability to invent things? The skills to navigate social circumstances? Mental computing power? Problem-solving speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    That's the problem with that stat, right? It really depends on how you define intelligence.

Do you see intelligence as amount of knowledge? The ability to invent things? The skills to navigate social circumstances? Mental computing power? Problem-solving speed?
    And each person may have a different response, true.

Personally I would gauge it on the amount of knowledge.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I have a question about Mental Powers Level 6: Definition seems to indicate that multiple developed mental powers are necessary which then makes the person a psionic master. It is not an "either/or". Am I reading this correctly?
    You are correct.

——————————

Here’s our girl casting both soothing and horrific illusions:

See that right there is a missed opportunity. She doesn't speak Japanese but she's a telepath so download the language and presto, no more language barrier.

See that right there is a missed opportunity. She doesn't speak Japanese but she's a telepath so download the language and presto, no more language barrier.
    And she could’ve done it, too, b/c she’s downloaded intel before! Still, I chalk it up to her being a teenager just having discovered her telepathic abilities.

And each person may have a different response, true.

Personally I would gauge it on the amount of knowledge.
    Then in this case, yes: Jean should have a higher stat, especially because, once upon a time, she had perfect recollection. That means that everything she absorbed telepathically wouldn't be lost. Ever.

That's not how I see intelligence, though.

And she could’ve done it, too, b/c she’s downloaded intel before! Still, I chalk it up to her being a teenager just having discovered her telepathic abilities.
    Ahh, yeah I never really read any of the time displaced X-men stuff so I'm muddy at best when it comes to Teen Jean's capabilities at that point.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

So she has above average intelligence. And...? Sounds about right as she's neither gifted nor genius.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    So she has above average intelligence. And...? Sounds about right as she's neither gifted nor genius.
    I suppose most of us agree, Deva. This conversation started because another poster thought her stat was close to zero because of how weird that graph is.

You are correct.

——————————
    Thanks Merc.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I suppose most of us agree, Deva. This conversation started because another poster thought her stat was close to zero because of how weird that graph is.
    I miss the simplicity of the bar graphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    She said she didn't get an A, so may be she just passed.Have we seen her be smart?Although it's Leah so maybe it's unreliable.

Spider-man's a 4 and he has constantly held his own against Iron-man(Hacked his systems 4 times on seperate ocassions) and Reed(hacked his inhibitor collar, defused bomb that Reed and Tony couldn't etc.) in smarts.Both have admitted he's smart af , along w/ people like Banner,Blue Marvel,Hank Pym(said he was much smarter than him) and Beast.He should be a 5 minimum going 6.He has the feats to back all this up.

These rankings are incredibly unreliable.Although does Jean have some smarts Idk about, because 3 as an avg. makes sense.If she does then it's a 4.
    If I am not correct, she is stated somewhere as one of Xavier’s most promising students. It is simultaneously a hint at her potential and her average as a student, really. She is never stated to be a genius like Hank or anything, but Xavier has taught her in use and fixing of Cerebro since she was young. I would surmise she above average intelligence is a good rating, despite how low on the intelligence graph she is. It speaks more of how cutthroat the intelligence field is, rather than a reflection on Jean herself.