Page 10 of 719 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110510 ... LastLast

Jean makes a cameo in the Claremont Special

spoilers:
    Dark Phoenix talks to Dani about existence being binary. Alpha/Omega, Chaos/Order, Beginning/End, Life/Death. The Phoenix is passion of creation and DP is teh cold fire that brings it to its end
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Be suspicious of Professor Xavier and Magneto ... Don't be so passionate.
    It would be nice if she distrusted this "paradise"
    Eh I think that's just readers trying to protect their own feelings of foreboding on to characters because we obviously logically know where the story is probably going to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Especially Xavier, i still disappointed that nothing happened after this moment, i would have liked seeing Jean confronting Xavier, maybe have a tp battle

I love how Hickman played this it's like a subtle red herring dressing Xavier up in The Maker get up and giving him this aloof personality was probably meant to invoke a feeling of foreboding in some readers and it succeeded.

When in actuality this scene is exactly what it looks like on a surface level Wolverine playing with a bunch of mutant kids and Xavier welcoming his surrogate daughter home and reassuring her that mutantkind is finally safe.
    Last edited by loke13; 01-13-2021 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Eh I think that's just readers trying to protect their own feelings of foreboding on to characters because we obviously logically know where the story is probably going to go.

I love how Hickman played this it's like a subtle red herring dressing Xavier up in The Maker get up and giving him this aloof personality was probably meant to invoke a feeling of foreboding in some readers and it succeeded.

When in actuality this scene is exactly what it looks like on a surface level Wolverine playing with a bunch of mutant kids and Xavier welcoming his surrogate daughter home and reassuring her that mutantkind is finally safe.
    There was nothing subtitle. Lots of readers were saying Xavier was the maker or the bad guy based on him using acessories similar to the Maker

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    There was nothing subtitle. Lots of readers were saying Xavier was the maker or the bad guy based on him using acessories similar to the Maker
    I'm still unconvinced that there was nothing foreboding happening, sure it could all be innocent, however I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if Cassandra Nova had been controlling Xavier the entire time.

The obvious call back to Nova first invading Genosha, with Xavier "invading'' Krakoa didn't go unnoticed and I do not think it was throwaway panels:

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I'm still unconvinced that there was nothing foreboding happening, sure it could all be innocent, however I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if Cassandra Nova had been controlling Xavier the entire time.

The obvious call back to Nova first invading Genosha, with Xavier "invading'' Krakoa didn't go unnoticed and I do not think it was throwaway panels:

She's not. Xavier was killed in the first issue of X-Force and resurrected by Jean. Even if lets say Nova had been controlling him in HOX, that would have ended at the very start of Dawn of X. Jean would have known as she is the one that put Xavier's mind into the husk. I actually think this was done early on to mitigate people's fears that he was evil
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-13-2021 at 12:27 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Or...it could just be a visual/thematic mirror homage to Morrison's X-Men with Xavier and Cassie both "discovering" their own paths to the future of mutant-kind.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I also think that there is nothing much in the images ... But it is always good to create theories ... Cassandra is not, Xavier has already been killed and resurrected and has several telepaths. And Jean's 'innocent' image makes a lot of sense with what happens to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I still can't get over the fact that Weezy and Kelly Thompson are the only female writers that have written Jean in a long-term fashion.

I'd love to see what some other feminine talents could do with her, like Tini Howard, Leah Williams, or even Gail Simon. I don't remember if we know what Simone's opinion is of her, just that she doesn't like Cyclops.
    Gail Simone would be an interesting choice given her stated affinity to restoring character's luster if they've lost it a bit. A post-Phoenix Jean Grey would seem to fall into that arena by the opinion of some. Plus! Simone has an affinity for red-heads. The idea does make me imagine what a Nicola Scott drawn Jean would look like since she is Simone's oft creative partner.
    I mean...probably something like this, but whatever...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-14-2021 at 02:02 AM.

The independence of changing clothes

ErTb7wgXIAAFgt9.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Gail Simone would be an interesting choice given her stated affinity to restoring character's luster if they've lost it a bit. A post-Phoenix Jean Grey would seem to fall into that arena by the opinion of some. Plus! Simone has an affinity for red-heads. The idea does make me imagine what a Nicola Scott drawn Jean would look like since she is Simone's oft creative partner.
    This could be Jean with some strength training and a psychic trident.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I would commit necromancy and fornicate with the Devil himself to have Nichola Scott regularly illustrate an X-book.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Walter Geovani that was Gail partner on Red Sonja is pretty good too with red heads

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Oh man, though, the idea of a Jean Grey on a team written by a completely female creative team...

The sheer POWER of that.

Other female writers I think could do well with Jean are Joelle Jones (I've heard that X-Men is her dream gig), Kelly Sue DeConnick, Marguerite Bennett, Becky Cloonan, Eve Ewing, Devin Grayson...
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Excalibur_052_p01fc.jpg

I didnt know where to put this, thought this cover was hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    The independence of changing clothes

ErTb7wgXIAAFgt9.jpg
    Jean's style in X-Men Red was just perfect.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.