Page 140 of 719 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240640 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The difference is, this girl has agency and Jean Grey is an accessory for the X-Men's main character.
    It's way more about them letting the Avengers office, specifically Aaron, take the Phoenix Force and do whatever he wants with it, including making it all about Thor and then giving it to his new pet character.

IMO this would be like taking the armor away from Tony Stark and letting Shogo be the new Iron Man within the pages of the X-men books

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's way more about them letting the Avengers office, specifically Aaron, take the Phoenix Force and do whatever he wants with it, including making it all about Thor and then giving it to his new pet character.
    What I described is what allows for what you've described.

The bird is just sitting out there because Jean is barred from it because she's a Mary Jane/Lois Lane and not a Carol Danvers/Wonder Woman.

Avengers may as well use it.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Hopefully, this isn't too "negative" for the thread but not a fan of Aaron's Phoenix story I read the issue and I at least hoped a portion of Jean's importance to the PF would be kept intact unfortunately she's just another host in a long line.

I'm also willing to wait and see as far as Duggan is concerned but I'm not a fan of his writing on Marauders or Cable and his tenure on X-books hasn't had the ideas even close to his work on Avengers. I'm definitely hoping for the best but he doesn't excite me with his ideas, many of his plots are contrived and easily solved let's hope he brings big ideas to this X-men title....

What I described is what allows for what you've described.

The bird is just sitting out there because Jean is barred from it because she's a Mary Jane/Lois Lane and not a Carol Danvers/Wonder Woman.

Avengers may as well use it.
    They already made Jean reject the Phoenix back in the era (with different editorial) where Red was happening and Scott was dead... Aaron taking the Phoenix comes way before Jott coming back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They already made Jean reject the Phoenix back in the era (with different editorial) where Red was happening and Scott was dead... Aaron taking the Phoenix comes way before Jott coming back.
    They knew Jott was coming back when Jean came back. The Phoenix is too big for what they want Jean Grey to be, which is basically just Emma circa 2008. Right down to "co-leading" the X-Men because she's the love interest for the actual main character.

They knew Jott was coming back when Jean came back. The Phoenix is too big for what they want Jean Grey to be, which is basically just Emma circa 2008. Right down to "co-leading" the X-Men because she's the love interest for the actual main character.
    For sure x-office didn't wanted jean to be the Phoenix, so they gave it to Avengers writer and made sure that Jean is not availiable to be on Avengers team. Giving the Phoenix to Avengers wasn't the end for Jean being Phoenix

These days Jean being the Phoenix is a bigger surprise than whoever gets it

Aaron has had the Phoenix for years, LONG before Jean even came back

The irony of it all is: Jean and Rachel are '' specilists '' in the phoenix category. But, Jean pretended that it had nothing to do with her and the avengers didn't even think to call her. In the past, the Avengers did not want the phoenix. This tournament is currently underway. So much hypocrisy, that I would prefer Aaro not to put Jean ... Because the way he does it, it makes her hypocritical.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

No. They didn't. They didn't know that Extermination would happen when Ketchum decided to bring Jean back, let alone that Scott would be back at the end of it or that Jean and Scott would be back together in Hickman's era. The timeline frankly does not add up.

Your anti-Jott Agenda is exhausting; neither character is an accessory to the other, and in fact if anything Jean's felt more like an accessory to Logan than Scott (with this Avengers arc and X-Force taken into consideration) in the current era. The sheer fact is that Aaron had to pick another Phoenix because someone gave Tom Brevoort the permission to use Phoenix but not Jean. I'm not happy with it, particularly I'm not happy with the fact that they're continuously dunking on Jean's time as Phoenix because Jason Aaron doesn't realize that the continuity he's working with doesn't add up correctly. And from what I've heard, JDW isn't happy about it either.

Duggan writes a good Jean. I'm sure that he'll continue to do so here, if this is the team that he's getting. I just wish I were enjoying Marauders more to have a better idea lol.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    The irony of it all is: Jean and Rachel are '' specilists '' in the phoenix category. But, Jean pretended that it had nothing to do with her and the avengers didn't even think to call her. In the past, the Avengers did not want the phoenix. This tournament is currently underway. So much hypocrisy, that I would prefer Aaro not to put Jean ... Because the way he does it, it makes her hypocritical.
    They arent hipocrites. Phoenix made Avengers fight to be her host, it wasn't their choices.

The Phoenix might be with Echo now, but how long will it last... ultimately Jean is the perfect avatar for the Phoenix, her firey red hair, all of her character work with the Phoenix, the best Phoenix stories include Jean grey, all the other are forgettable at best, the phoenix will be back with Jean because in comics everything always go back to the original.. it's just a matter of time , in the meantime hope jean can develop into a powerful force on her own

Wasn't it said that the Phoenix was limiting what Jean could do anyway? let the girl explore her limitless potential without the fear of the Phoenix making her lose control...

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    Wasn't it said that the Phoenix was limiting what Jean could do anyway? let the girl explore her limitless potential without the fear of the Phoenix making her lose control...
    Maybe. But they very often don't let Jean explore her potential one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    No. They didn't. They didn't know that Extermination would happen when Ketchum decided to bring Jean back, let alone that Scott would be back at the end of it or that Jean and Scott would be back together in Hickman's era. The timeline frankly does not add up.

Your anti-Jott Agenda is exhausting; neither character is an accessory to the other, and in fact if anything Jean's felt more like an accessory to Logan than Scott (with this Avengers arc and X-Force taken into consideration) in the current era. The sheer fact is that Aaron had to pick another Phoenix because someone gave Tom Brevoort the permission to use Phoenix but not Jean. I'm not happy with it, particularly I'm not happy with the fact that they're continuously dunking on Jean's time as Phoenix because Jason Aaron doesn't realize that the continuity he's working with doesn't add up correctly. And from what I've heard, JDW isn't happy about it either.

Duggan writes a good Jean. I'm sure that he'll continue to do so here, if this is the team that he's getting. I just wish I were enjoying Marauders more to have a better idea lol.
    Jean is a accessory for both Logan and Scott, she isn't presented doing her own thing when they are around her.

Of course they wouldnt let her become Phoenix again. IDK what is going on with JDW he didnt gave the greenlight to use Jean as Phoenix and actually regressed her on X-books.

I don't care about Duggan, he just wrote her on one issue. That is too little to say that he does a good job specially that his x-men books are often not good.

Sorry, double post!
    Last edited by Daedra; 04-09-2021 at 08:59 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”