Page 144 of 719 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244644 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    They just reset a bit of his personality, makes zero sense for him acting like this. if he is ok with Krakoa he is morally grey

So he is a family man so he has to return to Jean Grey to get his boy scout badge? this is a very sexist way of dealin with women and relationships
    Being okay with Krakoa does not make a character morally grey. Emma is morally grey bc of what she did to Shaw, hiding it from the Council, not to mention condoning the questionable things the Maraurders have done such as maiming people. I dont think Scott or Jean would be okay with any of that and would call her out had they been present

And FYI, Scott was already back to being like this before he and Jean reunited. We saw that in the 15 issues of Uncanny that Rosenberg wrote. He and Emma werent aligned in their ideologies there either. He was brought back with a back to basics persona and that had nothing to do with sticking him back with Jean. That came later
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-09-2021 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's almost like there's such a thing as people, including other writers coming in, interpreting things differently. He wrote Ernst as Cassandra Nova rehabilitaded and Whedon came in retconning that right after he was gone. Don't we constantly talk about how we disagree with Morrison that Jean was being distant and "not a good wife" and that was what caused the affair? Isn't Jott back after previous writers saying they didn't work anymore? Etc.
    This is moot s writers at the time wanted Jean dead than alive, much less dating Wolverine
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-09-2021 at 04:03 PM.

This is moot s writers at the time wanted Jean dead than alive, much less dating Wolverine
    Which is why I said "If she hadn't died". Plus, there were some writers who wanted her alive.

Which is why I said "If she hadn't died". Plus, there were some writers who wanted her alive.
    Shoot we know most definitely had Claremont been able to use her in his UXM, he'd most likely pair her with Logan

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Shoot we know most definitely had Claremont been able to use her in his UXM, he'd most likely pair her with Logan
    His run on uncanny had like 20 issues and he said she should be dead too

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Being okay with Krakoa does not make a character morally grey. Emma is morally grey bc of what she did to Shaw, hiding it from the Council, not to mention condoning the questionable things the Maraurders have done such as maiming people. I dont think Scott or Jean would be okay with any of that and would call her out had they been present

And FYI, Scott was already back to being like this before he and Jean reunited. We saw that in the 15 issues of Uncanny that Rosenberg wrote. He and Emma werent aligned in their ideologies there either. He was brought back with a back to basics persona and that had nothing to do with sticking him back with Jean. That came later
    Krakoa is full of moral failings, the charcters were twisted to accept that. Scott did a lot worse than that, of course he would be ok with it.

When Rosenberg was writing Uncanny he alredy knew Hickman would put together Jean and Scott, so it was one of the intentions

You are talking a 0,05% possibility.

His run on uncanny had like 20 issues and he said she should be dead too
    Claremont loves Jean and would have written her had he had access to her. Instead he made due with what he was able to work with.

BANNED

Claremont has said it was a mistake bringing her back.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 04-09-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

As for posters telling others that Jean is definitely going to be with Cyclops and anything else will be temporary...we know. Lol
    That was originally back in the 80s bc of the impact it did to his iconic story and then present plans with Cyclops. He didnt have the same feelings toward Jean's 2nd death. He loved writing her during his Revolution run and he used her multiple times in X-treme as well as in the Wolverine anniversary issue he penned. He made her a focal point of his X-men Forever series as well. If she was alive and unclaimed after New X-men, he'd have used her in his Uncanny instead of Rachel. Im almost certain of that

Not only that, but editors and othe writers had another idea for Jean. it would be hipocrite of him not let Jean be dead

BANNED

Not only that, but editors and othe writers had another idea for Jean. it would be hipocrite of him not let Jean be dead
    Sadly, they don't have any ideas for her now either.

Looking to future things, thankfully, the movie people are a little more progressive and up with the times than the comics folks. If she does make it into the movies, hopefully a stronger, more modern take on the character will grab hold in the comics world.

But for now? Dishes, being scared to act during missions,, and "Scott has a plan".
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 04-09-2021 at 04:54 PM.

Perhaps Jean's problem is with male writers?

"Hickman posted an image of Phil Noto's House of X #1 variant with Krakoan letters over it which read "Free thighs for a free people." " 2019

Any mention of a new X-Men cartoon with Jean?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Any mention of a new X-Men cartoon with Jean?
    I don't know anything about a new x-men cartoon

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Perhaps Jean's problem is with male writers?

"Hickman posted an image of Phil Noto's House of X #1 variant with Krakoan letters over it which read "Free thighs for a free people." " 2019
    Well yeah, definitely. She AND Storm both need female writers.

Well yeah, definitely. She AND Storm both need female writers.
    Be careful what you wish for she may get the Brexit Braddock treatment from excalibur
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”