Page 146 of 719 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246646 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    This is the best writing Elizabeth Braddock has gotten in years. And yes, the Captain Britain corps are based around Elizabeth. She´s Krakoa and Earth´s representative to Otherworld and Saturnyne-

Elizabeth is starring in a book. Jean is a psychic telephone and cook.
    I do agree with the Jean part but regarding Betsy that's all stuff that has happened to her with no agency whatsoever, all end results have been the product of decisions and action taken by others, she's been going trough the motions just like a headless chicken.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Yeah Jean doesn't need or deserve her iconography.

The only thing authors should worry about is that she yells "SCOTT" in every issue.

I also hate how authors obsess over Thor being a thunder god asgardian.
    Why this attachment to imagery? Isn’t it more important that Jean Grey is doing something, more than she is some wallpaper?

Well, I don’t like Marvel Girl costume but she can wear it if she likes it. But it has never been explained why she started wearing again a costume she stopped wearing decades ago. The Jean Grey I liked was a Jean Grey I understood.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Why this attachment to imagery? Isn’t it more important that Jean Grey is doing something, more than she is some wallpaper?

Well, I don’t like Marvel Girl costume but she can wear it if she likes it. But it has never been explained why she started wearing again a costume she stopped wearing decades ago. The Jean Grey I liked was a Jean Grey I understood.
    Jean is doing absolutely nothing beyond acting as telephone operator.

As Phoenix she was unique and could have been a star. Now she’s basically C list in Hickman’s run.

Things have never been so bad for Jean in prior runs when she was live. X-Factor and 90s Jean both had a lot more to do.

Hickman and white ignore the very exist of the power developments Jeen had. That, along with ending her connection to the Phoenix show how little they think of the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I do agree with the Jean part but regarding Betsy that's all stuff that has happened to her with no agency whatsoever, all end results have been the product of decisions and action taken by others, she's been going trough the motions just like a headless chicken.
    Betsy stole the starlight sword and made herself Captain Britain. Granted Saturnyne by accident based the Corps on Betsy.

But recently Betsy decided to save Malice after her return. We do see her taking agency. She has to negotiate things with Saturnyne and Britain so it will be interesting to see how she pulls it off.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Betsy stole the starlight sword and made herself Captain Britain. Granted Saturnyne by accident based the Corps on Betsy.

But recently Betsy decided to save Malice after her return. We do see her taking agency. She has to negotiate things with Saturnyne and Britain so it will be interesting to see how she pulls it off.
    I love Betsy, the issue is not with her but with the shallow quality of the writing and lack of focus, you could tell exactly these same stories, follow the same plot structure and actually be able to deliver an awesome product by offering some substance along the story framework, tini storytelling just lacks the creative “meat” and it’s far to bare for my taste.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I was reading extermination, I loved this part. Besides being very cool, the leadership of the two Jean

Extermination 05 (of 05)-010.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I was reading extermination, I loved this part. Besides being very cool, the leadership of the two Jean

Extermination 05 (of 05)-010.jpg
    Nice shot of Jean using a large powerful TK bubble while simultaneously using TP trying to get into all of their minds.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Complete or not, it’s an old story, now. Should authors be still obsessed by it? It’s like with Rachel and her Hound costume.
    Writers are all obsessed or we wouldnt have so many Phoenix stories. What we need is that they get that it is about Jean not about their pet character

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Nice shot of Jean using a large powerful TK bubble while simultaneously using TP trying to get into all of their minds.
    She can do both!!
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-10-2021 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Writers are all obsessed or we wouldnt have so many Phoenix stories. What we need is that they get that it is about Jean not about their pet character

She can do both!!
    The cool thing is also her expression. Both in speech and in drawing.

Fantastic Member

This is Pepe Larraz, yes? I love how he draws Jean.

[QUOTE=Rang10;5478121
    She can do both!![/QUOTE]

Yes, I know my friend. I just didn't know the writers knew that fact! plus, Jean could talk and didn't seem to be straining in the least.

What I mean to say is that this is a perfect panel of Jean using her powers in a very strong way without seeming to be over the top.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

I will already leave some money reserved for Jean in this Marvel future revolution game. Her pack is always paid for. I hope her custom is as cool as the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I will already leave some money reserved for Jean in this Marvel future revolution game. Her pack is always paid for. I hope her custom is as cool as the storm.
    What powers do they give her? I know sometimes in games they leave some out.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    What powers do they give her? I know sometimes in games they leave some out.
    It should only appear in the future :/

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    This is Pepe Larraz, yes? I love how he draws Jean.
    And we're getting his Jean on a monthly basis soon!!

Also, I'm so tired of the pessimism and the negativity that is "Jean Grey is nothing more than a telephone." Why are power feats all that matter to you guys? It's more than a little bit frustrating and to be fair it's not something exclusive to CBR but there's so much more to Jean as a character than her having amazing telekinetic power moments at every given second. This whole X-Men movement and her co-leading the team has been and is going to be great for her.

Is the current era ideal for her? Nah. But it's not BAD.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey