Page 511 of 719 FirstFirst ... 11411461501507508509510511512513514515521561611 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 10783
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    More like regurgitated it, but yes, I did.
    Well, it's very good.Couldn't tell it wasn't by a writer so that's a win

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Since Hickman is leaving, what are the possibilities for changing I up a bit…
    What if X-men Red Jean isn’t the same Jean that went on the mission to outer space at the beginning of HOX?
    What if Xavior put her in suspension in the depths of Krakoa?

Or

What if Jean didn’t die in space? What if the humans are using her as a weapon?

I just want the leadership of X-men RedJean back. I miss her. I kind of wish she would go solo and go on adventures outside the X-men because I never thought her ideology blended well with status quo of HOX…
    Is X-Men Red Jean perfect? No. Would I want her back?

I generally despise retcons, but I'd enthusiastically accept a clone retcon this time. Krakoa Jean reads like zombie Jean to me anyway.

Just my opinion. Not open to debate. Back to my corner. o/

Extraordinary Member

What if X-men Red Jean isn’t the same Jean that went on the mission to outer space at the beginning of HOX?
    What if Xavior put her in suspension in the depths of Krakoa?

Or

What if Jean didn’t die in space? What if the humans are using her as a weapon?

I just want the leadership of X-men RedJean back. I miss her. I kind of wish she would go solo and go on adventures outside the X-men because I never thought her ideology blended well with status quo of HOX…
    W/ the Jean in space idea I think you can make a solid event out of that.

We already saw mutants being very brutal to men who were just following orders, and then we got reapers.We also saw in COTA and X-force they can use mutant bodies to enhance their own and to enter Krakoa.
    Combine the 2 and have reapers use mutant body parts.Like U-foes but hideous and organic instead of machines.

They will be collecting body parts of mutants across all books.Jean's body in space will be in Ewing.

We have another Jean killed by Logan in his solo IIRC.We also have genosha mutants freshly dug up and semi together thanks to Wanda in empyre.

W/ all that firepower and entering Krakoa, they launch an attack and overwhelm them.They have to use a mutant killing virus like Legacy on like Half/smaller portion of Krakoa, it kills all the reapers since they are also part mutant but also like thousand+ Mutants.

Seems like a cool event for all of krakoa hellfire gala style.

man I want to write this now

All this disgusts Jean and she says she can't do krakoa anymore.She wants to form her own small nation, like she was in X-men red.It's still considered a part of Krakoa by the world but it's kinda it's own thing.

Namor helps her out, he knows she means business.Explanation is she has been a universal presence, while Namor is only the Ocean and krakoa is an island.Scott chooses krakoa, sorry but Jean is better off without him.Maybe put on the Red costume(I like the old one as well but feels appropriate), and then does things her way.

Logan does choose Krakoa, but in the end helps Jean out if she needs resources or info from Krakoa.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 09-12-2021 at 11:31 AM.

uploaded it so you have a bigger version. Noticed the attachement looks kind of small.

Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    uploaded it so you have a bigger version. Noticed the attachement looks kind of small.

It’s beautiful! ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    It’s beautiful! ❤️
    Thanks i appreciate it. It was a good script, soon as i read it i saw it clearly in my mind.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

What if X-men Red Jean isn’t the same Jean that went on the mission to outer space at the beginning of HOX? What if Xavior put her in suspension in the depths of Krakoa? Or What if Jean didn’t die in space? What if the humans are using her as a weapon?

I just want the leadership of X-men RedJean back. I miss her. I kind of wish she would go solo and go on adventures outside the X-men because I never thought her ideology blended well with the status quo of HOX…
    The biggest change will happen if and when Moira ends this life and begins another. As I understand it, isn't that the "reset button"? It seems to me the editors will exploit this when it most benefits them. For now, though, as Hickman noted, everyone is happy with Krakoa, so they're not pressing that button for at least another year.

Also, most of the mutants' ideologies don't seem consistent with the HoX status quo, but, as PyroFN pointed out, the mutants were in a pretty dismal place before Hickman came on board, so ideologies certainly shifted.

Ultimately, I feel good about where Jean is at in comics right now, specifically in the new book. She is technically the founder and co-leader of the new team. Plus, I am enjoying how Duggan is writing her. He imbues her with an enigmatic quality I find intriguing. There's a mystery to her right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    "It wasn't actually them" retcons are the worst. We already had to deal with it when it comes to the whole Phoenix era. Something huge like that just because she's on Krakoa like literally everyone else and wearing an old costume is the last thing Jean needs. And it has nothing to do with how she gets written next. They can write her as a leader and with her X-Men characterization without a retcon, just like they can write her badly even with a retcon.
    "It wasn't actually them" is what this whole era has been premised on. However, I agree with you on this: What really matters are the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    While I agree with the sentiment of wanting to see her in a leadership role, or being more vocal about certain situations regarding Krakoa (let's hope Duggan's X-Men give us some of that), I don't think that a retcon, or a "clone story", would be a good idea. We had that in the past and it certainly caused a mess and also a lot of suffering to Jean. Add to that the mess Marvel have been doing to the concept of Phoenix and how it affected some of her lore in retrospective. I don't really want more retcons for our girl. Let's hope that she will shine in the next months as herself, no more clones or retcons, and hopefully as a good leader
    I feel like she has been shining and leading in a beautifully subdued way in the new book, with ease and confidence. I look forward to how her characterization will unfold within the next year. Mostly, I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Well, it's very good.Couldn't tell it wasn't by a writer so that's a win
    That's very kind of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Is X-Men Red Jean perfect? No. Would I want her back?

I generally despise retcons, but I'd enthusiastically accept a clone retcon this time. Krakoa Jean reads like zombie Jean to me anyway.

Just my opinion. Not open to debate. Back to my corner. o/
    I'm sorry you feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    W/ the Jean in space idea I think you can make a solid event out of that.

We already saw mutants being very brutal to men who were just following orders, and then we got reapers.We also saw in COTA and X-force they can use mutant bodies to enhance their own and to enter Krakoa.
    Combine the 2 and have reapers use mutant body parts.Like U-foes but hideous and organic instead of machines.

They will be collecting body parts of mutants across all books.Jean's body in space will be in Ewing.

We have another Jean killed by Logan in his solo IIRC.We also have genosha mutants freshly dug up and semi together thanks to Wanda in empyre.

W/ all that firepower and entering Krakoa, they launch an attack and overwhelm them.They have to use a mutant killing virus like Legacy on like Half/smaller portion of Krakoa, it kills all the reapers since they are also part mutant but also like thousand+ Mutants.

Seems like a cool event for all of krakoa hellfire gala style.

man I want to write this now

All this disgusts Jean and she says she can't do krakoa anymore.She wants to form her own small nation, like she was in X-men red.It's still considered a part of Krakoa by the world but it's kinda it's own thing.

Namor helps her out, he knows she means business.Explanation is she has been a universal presence, while Namor is only the Ocean and krakoa is an island.Scott chooses krakoa, sorry but Jean is better off without him.Maybe put on the Red costume(I like the old one as well but feels appropriate), and then does things her way.

Logan does choose Krakoa, but in the end helps Jean out if she needs resources or info from Krakoa.
    Fascinating ideas. I would love to see them fleshed out.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thanks i appreciate it. It was a good script, soon as i read it i saw it clearly in my mind.
    Again, you all are being too kind. I am almost done with my first script.

__________________________________________________ ________

I should note, while I like where she seems to be going, if it were up to me, I would have her go solo. I think there is so much to explore with her in that kind of set-up, and the taste we got of her in Jean Grey and X-Men: Red was enough to convince me she could carry her own book.

BANNED

Why do you say Duggan's Jean is enigmatic?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Why do you say Duggan's Jean is enigmatic?
    He writes her as if she's always holding something back, observing things that others are missing, and calculating her next courses of action, but never spells it out. Also, as I wrote not long ago, he imbues her with poise, grace, and empathy, which I find pleasing. The best way I can describe it is that she seems always at ease. And yet, he also renders her as a confident and understated expert leader and field operator with glimmers of wit and mischievousness. I love what he did with her in Cable, Planet Size X-Men, and the two issues of X-Men.

Overall, I just feel he gets her.

Here's a thread in which I've thrown some Jean moments of his that I like, though I need to add some more moments:

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...93025943265284

BANNED

Oh. I thought you meant that he is writing Jean as kinda mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Oh. I thought you meant that he is writing Jean as kinda mysterious.
    That is what I meant. Mind you, he doesn't do it in a pronounced way, but there is something about the way he writes her that makes her come across as mysterious and somewhat calculating - both in good ways - to me. I get this feeling that he is going to make her blossom in unexpected ways, but I don't know why, lol.

From Winter's End by Sina Grace

Winter's End cont. (Skipped some scenes though)

Be careful about sharing more than three pages of one issue here! I don't want to see you penalized.

For those interested in more on Jean and Bobby:

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...59193855823872

These team lineups feel like home to me.