Page 601 of 719 FirstFirst ... 101501551591597598599600601602603604605611651701 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,015 of 10783
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That was the point of the story; the clone didnt have a soul. Maddie was a failed attempt at cloning Jean. She was inanimate until the PF infused her with that fragment of Jean's soul. The sorcery comes from her Goblin connection but the TP/TK is from her mutation
    That's okay.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    With Madelyne on the way to being ressurected. Just curious, if Jean and Madelyne is to face off, Madelyne will always have the upper hand? Coz Madelyne has Jean's Omega Level powers/potential + her goblin powers. Madelyne seems to be Jean2.0
    My short answer is no.
    Long answer:
    Because she doesn't have Jean's OL powers or potential...at least not the recently deceased Madelyne. We're yet to see what the newly resurrected version is capable of doing but most likely she'll be all Demonic Magic and Sorcery.
    Note: the "original" Madelyne wasn't able to best Jean in Inferno and that was with demonic powers and a Phoenix spark.

And she's not, nor is she going to be, Jean 2.0 (considering they've established she's her own individual).
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-22-2021 at 11:30 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Thanks for posting that article. It was great!

But not only is Jean super-powerful in her mutant powers, I love that we are seeing Jean "laying her hands on" some villains too, like Cassandra and Nightmare and his horsey!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Im not. Wanda was responsible for the deciMation and Emma dealt with the repercussions of that head on. It was traumatic and alot happened including her students being blown bc M-Day left them vulnerable. Emma's animosity towards Wanda is well established and its very much in character for her to not want her resurrected. As for Maddie, I dont think she cares one way or the other. Its not so much supporting Maddie being resurrected as it is doing a favor for Alex

As for Maddie's powers, they fluctuate but in X-Man, she was portrayed as Jean's equal. She nearly fought to a stalemate with Nate helping to tip it over in Jean's favor. If resurrected by the Five, she should be an omega TP. The powers come with the body and they share the same DNA. Jean's body is a clone and the resurrected Maddie would also be a clone. They are essentiall the same person up until Cerebro is used to implant different memories into the husk and that doesnt add powers
    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Wandas spell traumatised every living mutant after HoM. Emma's grudge is many:

In HoM Wanda gives Scott and her a happy life, they sacrifice their happiness to stop her and Frost is at the epicentre of the attack on mutants. Emma and Strange can only protect a few.

In Decimation HoM is used as a pretext to attack mutants. Emma watched another batch of her students be annihilated.

Messiah Complex
    Blinded by the light
    Second Coming
    AvX - Wandas spell triggered the Phoenix. It came to Earth and burnt the X-Men in the process of ruining Emmas relationship. Wanda also destroyed Utopia.

Dark Reign
    Children of the Vault
    Schism

That hall era 10 years worth of comics hurt and pain is due to Wanda.
    Thank you both for catching me up. Her decision makes more sense now. Still, Madelyne's recent attempt to destroy Krakoa still leaves me baffled as to why Emma would promise Havok such a thing.

baumblume

Madelyne is baby killer and rapist.

Alex and his obsession with Maddie is... Bizarre to say the least.

The Red Dragon

I hate clones. Fini.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    "While Doctor Strange would have normally stopped him, [u]sing her omega-level telepathy, Jean was able to battle and repel Nightmare while also showing him just how insignificant he was compared to her own strength and power."
    Delicious. Thank you for sharing, Exodus.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I don't think Madelyne will be on the same level as Jean when she's resurrected and it's not because she doesn't have the capability. As long as Jean exists, Jean will be stronger than her because Jean is a. the original and b. older than Madelyne. Maddie might be Jean's equal in physical age but she hasn't had these powers or used them for as long as Jean had. She also isn't the same as Quentin in that the reason Quentin is omega is because his brain is as hyperactive as it is.

Now, that means that if Jean were out of the picture she'd probably take Jean's place on the list, but I don't think that Jean will ever be dead indefinitely again. Especially not while Maddie's alive.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The Red Dragon

Hey guys Jean’s new look just leaked:

Now she can look the part of her deep and nuanced characterization!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I LOVE Jean.
    I also LOVE Maddie. (I won't speak for anyone else but, I'm living my best X-life right now)

I don't particularly want them to go head to head (ever) again...been there done that and spectacularly. So...I would just prefer they say in their own lanes follow their own paths and not dredge up the "long distant" past.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I LOVE Jean.
    I also LOVE Maddie. (I won't speak for anyone else but, I'm living my best X-life right now)

I don't particularly want them to go head to head (ever) again...been there done that and spectacularly. So...I would just prefer they say in their own lanes follow their own paths and not dredge up the "long distant" past.
    Yeah but this is Marvel we're talking about they live to rrhash decades old drama between characters. It's one thing I'll miss about Hickman's run is him pushing past all that bs soap opera drama and having writer's focus on new character interactions to explore.

I feel like if Maddie and Jean ever interact, they have to dredge up the past bc its never been addressed.They had the big revelations in Inferno and then Maddie died. She herself wasnt in the best mind space to talk to Jean. They only interacted once in the past 25 years and they didnt really talk. Maddie just raged and tried to kill her. It'll be interesting to see them both be in the circle and co-exist bc a conversation needs to be had and yes their past is unavoidable. It would feel disingenuous to ignore that big elephant

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I LOVE Jean.
    I do too. It annoys me that there are fans who only feel the need to pop in this thread to repeatedly ridicule her. Mind you, this is not because I object to people voicing their opinions. On the contrary, it's because, within the last couple of months, I've had users admit to me that they don't share their opinions here as much as they'd like to because of the constant bashing of this character in her own "appreciation thread." That irritates me; frankly, it pisses me off. When you regularly **** on a character and qualities about them that others may find admirable and inspiring, in a sense, whether you mean to or not, you are shitting on and shaming their fans too.

As for me, though I, too, have considered not posting here anymore, I refuse to let a few people dictate how I choose to celebrate a character that has meant and still means a lot to me. I say, if coming in here and deriding her makes you feel better, have at it. I'm more than happy to counter your bullshit at every turn. However, I do wonder what it is these fans think they are accomplishing by doing this. Also, I wonder if they have a firm grasp of the type of character Jean is and has always been. She's a deeply empathic, loving, and assertive woman with strong convictions and a fierce temper she usually opts to keep in check - all of which I have seen on display during this era.

In light of her time-displacement and subsequent resurrection, her evolution into the woman we saw in X-Men: Red and have seen throughout this era seems authentic to me. I can picture her thinking, "I got yet another chance at life. Let me make it right this time." I don't think that, because she can now die and be resurrected on a whim, she should all of a sudden be more abrasive, hardened, and provocative. It would make no sense and just seem forced to me. This is not to say that something won't happen down the line that will give her an edge, but I think she's in the right place for now, and I look forward to seeing her grow.

Also, while she has gone along with the Krakoan flow and seems to be grappling with guilt and deep insecurities, she has hardly been a shrinking wallflower. On the contrary, her signature temper and assertiveness have been on display, and she has stood her ground when she felt the need to do so. Someone on Twitter mentioned to me the other day that her encounter with Nightmare subtly reminded them of her encounter with the U-Men in New X-Men. In both scenes, rather than completely cutting loose, she confronted the enemy, displayed her power, and warned them that she would end them if they returned, before kicking them out through gritted teeth.

Admittedly, she didn't make Nightmare literally **** and pee in his pants, but, in a sense, she did...

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yeah but this is Marvel we're talking about they live to rrhash decades old drama between characters. It's one thing I'll miss about Hickman's run is him pushing past all that bs soap opera drama and having writer's focus on new character interactions to explore.
    This is what scares me. Also, I hope the writers try to maintain the standard Hickman set.

I feel like if Maddie and Jean ever interact, they have to dredge up the past bc its never been addressed.They had the big revelations in Inferno and then Maddie died. She herself wasnt in the best mind space to talk to Jean. They only interacted once in the past 25 years and they didnt really talk. Maddie just raged and tried to kill her. It'll be interesting to see them both be in the circle and co-exist bc a conversation needs to be had and yes their past is unavoidable. It would feel disingenuous to ignore that big elephant
    Hopefully, the writers will take this opportunity to explore their relationship from a fresh and new angle. I've been working on a Twitter thread regarding Jean's return as it relates specifically to Madelyne - how she found out about her, her initial reactions to and regard for her, and their climactic confrontation during Inferno - and it cemented my opinion that Madelyne really has no reason to come after Jean. I will probably share a link to it here once I publish it later tonight or tomorrow.