Page 216 of 719 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316716 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Look, I'm happy they'd be doing hero-stuff again, because I'm a sucker for it.

But the premise, for me, is weird:

"The people of our nation need to feel like someone is acting on their behalf. Not deciding what's best for them -- not deciding what is and is not in their best interest -- but someone who fights for them".

So we're forming the X-Men again.

How exactly is the X-Men going to fight for the people of Krakoa? Weren't the X-Men about saving the world and a humanity that fears and hates them? What if it turns out that the people of Krakoa doesn't actually care about what happens outside their island? Will the X-Men cross their arms and watch the rest of the world burn, then?

I'd prefer if Scott and Jean had just said: "we're all for Krakoa and we'll help with whatever we can. But we care about the rest of the world as well and we'll help the rest of the world too, regardless of what The Quiet Council think is the best for Krakoa".
    i'm more worried about how they put more importance on voting for heroes (like a police force) than voting for its own governments.
    Voting for government should be a priority, not the heroes. For me this is a populist shallow idea

I don't think Krakoa felt like they didn't had heroes fighting for them, they have a entire island full of people fighting for them and even people on space fighting for Krakoa.

For me it's Jean. It's always been Jean. And now it's easier to justify it: if one can accept the resurection protocols, one can accept the PF copied Jean's essence and the Jean in the cocoon is an early backup of the same person. Except, you know, it was done by the cosmic force of life/death creation/destruction, so it's *the* real deal.
    I see what you mean.

But for me, none of the return ideas are perfect without stepping on one area or another of another idea. I do not like the DPS story at all, so I totally reject and ignore it, lol.

To Me, Jean has full control of both of her Omega Level powers and the Phoenix Force when she has access to it. Period.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

What’s different (and unique) about Fallen Angels story is that Krakoa and its interests are not at risk. So most mutants, including the leadership of the island, aren’t jumping to do anything about it. It’s “humans’ problems”.

I’m wondering if that’s the kind of thing that the new X-Men team will be doing, though, and why they need to be independent of the Quiet Council.

But if that’s the case… the whole thing of being “heroes of Krakoa’s people” is kinda weird… And that’s why I don’t get the premise.

Will they be sitting on their offices, waiting for some citizen to ask them to help a friend/loved one who is outside Krakoa instead?

I really don’t know…
    I think it was done to avoid the problem on the man-thing issue: there was a vote to see if Krakoa would save the world.

That was abusurd, X-men can't wait for a vote

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    i'm more worried about how they put more importance on voting for heroes (like a police force) than voting for its own governments.
    Voting for government should be a priority, not the heroes. For me this is a populist shallow idea

I don't think Krakoa felt like they didn't had heroes fighting for them, they have a entire island full of people fighting for them and even people on space fighting for Krakoa.
    Exactly. The only thing you can argue here is this: is it heroic when you’re fighting for your own self-interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I see what you mean.

But for me, none of the return ideas are perfect without stepping on one area or another of another idea. I do not like the DPS story at all, so I totally reject and ignore it, lol.

To Me, Jean has full control of both of her Omega Level powers and the Phoenix Force when she has access to it. Period. :)
    Phoenixx9, dear, we both love Jean to bits so you’re my buddy no matter what. :)

But I do love the DPS. I love the passion, the corruption, the tragedy, the heroism, the love story… I love that it makes me cry *every* god-damn time I read it. When we get to the end and the Watcher says: “Jean Grey could have lived to become a god. But it was more important to her that she die...a human.” I fall apart. I'm a total sucker for this kind of thing. I confess.

And mind you: I ugly-cry. I get headaches from crying. But I love this stuff! :D

So yeah: it makes sense that it was a perfect copy of Jean: mind, body and soul, so it was Jean. And that’s why the PF fragmented itself and tried to take that version of Jean back to the cocoon, so both versions could merge and be one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dam View Post
    I think some people here are focusing too much on blaming Scott because sometimes Jean is poorly writing. This isn't Scott's fault.
    The saddest part is that in Scott's thread some other users are blaming Jean because of Scott poor portrayed.
    You cannot let the hate to some character drives your opinions. Writers are the one doing the bad job, no characters.
    I have my fair share of post blaming on editors and writers

Phoenixx9, dear, we both love Jean to bits so you’re my buddy no matter what.
    You are my buddy too, Grinning Soul! We do both love Jean and we do share some things in common that we like. It is fine+ if there are some things where we differ.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    No, i read it and they were skeptical of Krakoa, not only about the "peace' thing. Krakoa is invaded almost every week, not so "peaceful" thing
    1) I already put peaceful in quotations. The fact that you bothered to even make that point like it was necessary...

2) Well, I read the book too and they talked about how they (mostly Kwannon) were warriors that needed war and "didn't have a place in paradise". Not anti-Krakoa at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    1) I already put peaceful in quotations. The fact that you bothered to even make that point like it was necessary...

2) Well, I read the book too and they talked about how they (mostly Kwannon) were warriors that needed war and "didn't have a place in paradise". Not anti-Krakoa at all.
    I read that too, but that doesn't describe Laura. They wanted to get out and save humans because kraoa was only worried about mutants

hopefully they let jean do something else aside from her mind link in planet-size...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    You are my buddy too, Grinning Soul! We do both love Jean and we do share some things in common that we like. It is fine+ if there are some things where we differ.
    Indeed. Jean hug for you! <3

https://i2.wp.com/thefanboyseo.com/w...size=699%2C617

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    hopefully they let jean do something else aside from her mind link in planet-size...
    What mind link? You mean using her telepathy?

What mind link? You mean using her telepathy?
    yeah because i feel like her telepathy it's been her using her mind link most of the time, i won't say anything about her tk

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    yeah because i feel like her telepathy it's been her using her mind link most of the time, i won't say anything about her tk
    Oh, yes! Please! We've all been waiting for her to go medieval with her tk! :D

Oh, yes! Please! We've all been waiting for her to go medieval with her tk!
    Oh yeah!

Like opening and lifting chunk of the Martian surface, or maybe huge equipment, containing oxygen in a Teke bubble until the room is ready, neat stuff like this, yes, please!

Luv the hug! One back to you.

The Planet Size X-men preview looks really good. I can't wait to see what Magneto and the rest of the omega mutants are planning. I am tempering expectations and I know many of us want Jean to do something big on her own but I expect the omega mutants to do something big but it will be because they worked together... mutant synergy. We expect them to terraform a planet but that is speculation. It would be cool but what if they do something even better?

I just hope it is something interesting and cool and not too care bear stare lol

As for the Jean/Phoenix merger and the "real" Jean discussion... I too see them as the same and since the process was so similar to the resurrection protocols I think we can safely say that OG Phoenix Jean was our Jean if the current Jean is our Jean. It makes sense to me. The Jean/Phoenix merger and our Jean went back to being same character in Inferno if you ask me because that is when Jean obtained the memories and a portion of her consciousness that was in Phoenix. The Phoenix/Jean merger had all of Jean's memories, personality, and genetic material. It is very similar to the current resurrection process and the cocoon Jean was a back up especially taking into account the Classic X-men 8 backstory.

One of the main reasons the whole resurrection process never bothered me because as a Jean fan I felt like we were already used to it. Nothing controversial about it when your fav character has had many different incarnations and resurrections. ::shrug::