Page 393 of 719 FirstFirst ... 293343383389390391392393394395396397403443493 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,895 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    @Mercury: I didn't mean to imply anything about your behaviour and I apologise if it came across that way.
    I appreciate and accept your apology. I apologize, too, for being snarky and dismissive, if and when I've been. Also, I think I was a bit sensitive this morning. I've been working on some papers and was at my wit's end. The last thing I expected was another lengthy debate. I just wanted to share some Jean love.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Fore sure.
    The intent was to leave no trace AND prevent them from regenerating. WeÂ’re talking in the MU where things have regenerated from a drop of blood. From the artwork, the description, and what we know sheÂ’s done before, she atomized them.
    Agreed.

For the record, everyone who chimed in today had valid points.

- The back and forth regarding the atomization vs. disintegration seemed to reach a crescendo that was both a little insane and, admittedly, hilarious. 😂

- I totally understand why people don't have much faith in Hickman doing anything with Jean; I've been there and felt the same way, too. As I suggested earlier, maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but I refuse to believe he won't give her at least one or two pivotal things to do before his run ends, especially since he's defined her role as "pivotal." I guess we'll just have to all wait and see.

- And, finally, I totally get the frustration with the dress, but I don't think she will be wearing it for much longer. Of course, this is a combination of a hunch and wishful thinking. 😅

Wow, look at that Magneto sneer, lol.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

The way Jean as the White Phoenix changed reality and healed a “wounded orphan universe” so that, after her death, Scott Summers would be with Emma Frost. I mean, who does it like Jean? Transcendent Queen. From the last pages of New X-Men #154 (2004):

She literally made this happen, though it’s often used to slight her. Last page of New X-Men #154

Jean by Bruce Timm is everything I ever needed. Imagine a cartoon about her by him? From All-New X-Men #25:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    She literally made this happen, though it’s often used to slight her. Last page of New X-Men #154

Now her work has gone down the drain. Because they don't like acknowledging anything after her death on the moon.

All good things come to those who wait, Kitty

Meanwhile, this scene between time-displaced teenage Jean and older Scott is intense and moving. I find him incredibly attractive here - how he is written and drawn - and I’ve never really been a Scott fangirl. (I hope it’s okay that I’m sharing all these pages. If it’s not, let me know.)

I love this Jean. So lost and so eager to find herself

Extraordinary Member

I have a question about TK and Jean is included.
    Can strength overcome TK and does it take more power to hold someone the stronger they are

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/Uw-O5Egtsn...JA2ewN3N=s1600

I was going through my old saved Spidey stuff and came across this^^^
    BTW I know Jean is way stronger now.My point isn't Spidey but Strength in general.
    The guy who posted this way back also says this is more will based and that makes more sense ig. Spidey has insane will feats.

Any idea what's really going on here?

You’re too much, Spidey, but I love you for it. 😂 I’m assuming this was a Spider-Man book, in which case it makes sense to show him overcoming the odds. I mean, Jean was holding back Juggernaut in her teens and, during the era you’re citing, held Iron Man in place. (Is Spidey stronger than Iron Man?) Nonetheless, I do believe strength can overcome some levels of tk.

Extraordinary Member

You’re too much, Spidey, but I love you for it. �� I’m assuming this was a Spider-Man book, in which case it makes sense to show him overcoming the odds. I mean, Jean was holding back Juggernaut in her teens and, during the era you’re citing, held Iron Man in place. (Is Spidey stronger than Iron Man?) Nonetheless, I do believe strength can overcome some levels of tk.

I did say my point wasn't Spidey breaking free from Jean, but can strength(and/or willpower) overcome TK.
    As for Iron man, Spidey can compare with Iron man(not his higher stuff but he has shown to be able to damage him and even take him a couple of times now.Specially with Spidey's own armor which has a couple fights with IM or against him and it held his own).

Regardless, who do you think is strong enough to overcome Jean or exodus levels of TK.I mean the space station feat set the bar high af.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Regardless, who do you think is strong enough to overcome Jean or exodus levels of TK.I mean the space station feat set the bar high af.
    It’s hard to say. I suppose, as Grinning Soul has pointed out, it would depend on the writer and the story they want to tell. If we go by what has been established, it would probably take a being as strong as Galactus to overtake her, though she managed to knock even him. She can hold her own against some pretty powerful people, though, including Magneto and a gang of Silver Surfers - and as a teen.

Last edited by Mercury; 07-24-2021 at 06:21 AM.