Page 609 of 719 FirstFirst ... 109509559599605606607608609610611612613619659709 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,135 of 10783

While I love freckles, I do not like them on Jean Grey. Jean is no ordinary red head and her hair color should be a mutation within itself, a very intense shade of firey red (Rachel too). Her skin should be flawless and her eyes a piercing green. But that’s just me. To each their own.

When I think of freckles I think of Siryn.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    While I love freckles, I do not like them on Jean Grey. Jean is no ordinary red head and her hair color should be a mutation within itself, a very intense shade of firey red (Rachel too). Her skin should be flawless and her eyes a piercing green. But that’s just me. To each their own.

When I think of freckles I think of Siryn.
    I agree. I’ve seen other fans mention making her red hair part of her mutation, but unnecessary. Not all redheads have freckles.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

A bit of a slow week for X-Men this week. So the fact that there is a Toni Braxton in this timeline is my highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    A bit of a slow week for X-Men this week. So the fact that there is a Toni Braxton in this timeline is my highlight.
    I’m glad they gave them a fun moment together. I miss their deeper exchanges.

BANNED

I love the freckles. It's a nice touch.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Well, am talking from a resurrection protocol pov. This just establishes that anyone can restore memories, as long as the-5 resurrects the bodies.
    Which goes against how Hickman, originally explained the resurrection protocols, I thought a telepath was required.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This really is baffling. I mean, Jean + Phoenix sells. Marvel should’ve greenlit something during her 14-year absence. Even now, they could do it, though they probably don’t want it to overshadow Echo’s current arc with the Phoenix Force. (Incidentally, I read Phoenix Song: Echo and was shocked by how much I disliked it. Initially, after making my peace with the Phoenix Force’s separation from Jean, I was intrigued by this story, but it turned out to be cliched and almost amateurish. I feel like they rehashed old tropes half hazardously. I’m going to continue reading it to see if it gets better, but I give the first issue a C-.)

Part of me thinks Marvel mandated the separation, but Rosenberg is taking the hit to remain professional and not point any fingers. I can’t see Marvel allowing a, at the time, relatively new writer to make such a big decision. Then again, maybe this is what I want to believe, l
    ol.
    I stopped giving him the benefit of the doubt after the atrocious, AXM issue with Jean and the 05. IMO, Hopeless, and Rosenberg are two of the worst writers for Jean especially a newly returning Jean.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 10-27-2021 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I stopped giving him the benefit of the doubt after the atrocious, AXM issue with Jean and the 05. IMO, Hopeless, and Rosenberg are two of the worst writers for Jean especially a newly returning Jean.
    Which issue?

I dont see why Rosenberg would need to lie. He seems very genuine in every interview Ive seen him do. As a passionate Jean fan, I dont think he'd have written what he did had his heart not been in it to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont see why Rosenberg would need to lie. He seems very genuine in every interview Ive seen him do. As a passionate Jean fan, I dont think he'd have written what he did had his heart not been in it to do so.
    It happens in business all of the time. Then again, I’m probably overthinking things.

BANNED

I don't have a quote, but I am sure the Phoenix separation was mandated. As for Rosenberg himself, I think his Jean fandom is an extension of his Cyclops fandom more than a passion for Jean Grey, and I think that came across nigh-unquestionably in his work with her. It's similar to how I like Wolverine. Yeah Logan is cool and all, but I wouldn't care about him as much if he didn't care about Jean lol.

The issue CB is talking about is the Astonishing X-Men annual. Jean is basically more-or-less"I wanna die" and on top of that, the issue is a lame Baby's First X-Men Plot "Xavier is a Bastard" story.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 10-27-2021 at 05:52 PM.

It happens in business all of the time. Then again, I’m probably overthinking things.
    Sure if he were lying but like I said, he seems genuine

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

The issue CB is talking about is the Astonishing X-Men annual. Jean is basically more-or-less"I wanna die" and on top of that, the issue is a lame Baby's First X-Men Plot "Xavier is a Bastard" story.
    Thats not the vibe I got from her but i dont think it was the worse thing in the world. That issue had potential to set up a fascinating take for the characters but like alot of ideas that year, it went nowhere
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-27-2021 at 01:55 PM.

I don't have a quote, but I am sure the Phoenix separation was mandated.
    I could have sworn I read this! Something about a switch in editors in chief, and one editor wanted a cosmic drama but the incoming editor that replaced them did not. This is partly why I questioned Rosenberg’s claim.

Thanks!

And it was Xavier Fantomex to make things weirder lol

BANNED

I could have sworn I read this! Something about a switch in editors in chief, and one editor wanted a cosmic drama but the incoming editor that replaced them did not. This is partly why I questioned Rosenberg’s claim.

Thanks!
    Well I believe she was always going to come away without the Phoenix. What happened was Axel Alonzo, editor in chief at the time, was thinking along the major cosmic lines one would expect, but he listened to Rosenberg and liked his idea. I am still furious about it lol.

Well I believe she was always going to come away without the Phoenix. What happened was Axel Alonzo, editor in chief at the time, was thinking along the major cosmic lines one would expect, but he listened to Rosenberg and liked his idea. I am still furious about it lol.
    Ah, so then Rosenberg was telling the truth.