Page 14 of 719 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114514 ... LastLast

Yes, read all of the Morrison run and love every second of it.

But if you don't have time and just want some good Jean Grey content.. I'd read E is for Extinction, Germ Free Generation, Imperial, Murder at the Mansion, Planet X, and Here Comes Tomorrow.

It is my fav version of Jean by far, but I also love OG X-factor Jean, the OG Phoenix years (Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Saga), X-men Red, all the Teen Jean stuff (Bendis, Hopeless) and even some 90's Jean (it wasn't all bad though Jean didn't have her own story but she had some good moments here and there).

Tom Taylor's Jean was so perfect to me and its a shame we only got 12 issues out of him. A true travesty

idk if its been discussed but is anyone else reminded of the "recent" Jean resurrection storyline while watching Wandavision? i know the concept isnt new but theres a lot of similarities

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    idk if its been discussed but is anyone else reminded of the "recent" Jean resurrection storyline while watching Wandavision? i know the concept isnt new but theres a lot of similarities
    I thought so too. The trailers showed some strange energy dome that reminded me of Resurrection storyline, the suburb setting, and also how weird all the characters are acting.

But I guess the main influences are Tom Kings "Visions" series, House of M, and Wanda's encounter with demon Master Pandemonium/Mephisto.

I wish it was tom taylor who wrote this cyke and jean team

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    We can only dream...
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Tom Taylor's Jean was so perfect to me and its a shame we only got 12 issues out of him. A true travesty
    I think Taylor just isn't interested in writing books for too long in general. He said in an interview, in the beginning of Red, that he'd have X-Men for only one year, so it wasn't ever cancelled. His Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man had 14 issues. Suicide Squad will end in 11. Batman will be 6. Maybe he got stuck with Injustice far too long and doesn't want that again. Guess if he ever writes X-Men again, it will be another short run. But most of his output is good, so it would be pretty much a win anyway.

I would even be happy if it were Michael Bendis for him to bring the psionic form

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'd recommend the whole thing personally. I struggle to suggest single issues because I'm lazy but:

New X-Men 118-126

New X-Men 139-145

Are arcs that have strong Jean moments. Maybe others could be more specific.
    thank you so much
    we can be heroes, just for one day

With Taylor it would be just Jean team, what she deserves and me too

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I think Taylor just isn't interested in writing books for too long in general. He said in an interview, in the beginning of Red, that he'd have X-Men for only one year, so it wasn't ever cancelled. His Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man had 14 issues. Suicide Squad will end in 11. Batman will be 6. Maybe he got stuck with Injustice far too long and doesn't want that again. Guess if he ever writes X-Men again, it will be another short run. But most of his output is good, so it would be pretty much a win anyway.
    No. Injustice was never a problem to him, when Taylor was producing nd writing for his animated TV show he just step down. He returned because the substitute writer was awful. Taylor just came back to tell another story on Injustice series, he loves the Injustice universe
    All new wolverine had +30 issues, for today standarts it is a really long run. deceased also a really big franchise that consumes a lot of his time.
    An the suicide squad will continue on another book/project
    The reason Red was short was because they offered him a short run as Hickman was around the corner

Yeah, it really remembered more of Phoenix Ressurrection than Vision comic. It's is funny that 50's suburbs trope became more of a sign something is wrong/creepy than just a common american thing.
    Last edited by Rang10; 01-19-2021 at 12:04 PM.

BANNED

These are AU featless surfers, She took the psychic energies of the 4+ galactus to beat them. In a 1v1 situation written properly surfer would most likely destroy her psionic energy and probably one shot her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    These are AU featless surfers, She took the psychic energies of the 4+ galactus to beat them. In a 1v1 situation written properly surfer would most likely destroy her psionic energy and probably one shot her.
    Naaah, nothing is written in stone
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Its based on Avengers Standoff with the Pleasant Hill storyline that came out years ago

spoilers:
    Which was a town where SHIELD brainwashed dangerous supervillains into thinking they are part of a wholesome community
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-19-2021 at 06:55 PM.

Well i am sad, no Jean in Xforce today, and i downloaded 2 most recent Avengers to see what Aaron is doing with Phoenix. Shocjing that such bad writing and ideas is allowed to be published....

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Well i am sad, no Jean in Xforce today, and i downloaded 2 most recent Avengers to see what Aaron is doing with Phoenix. Shocjing that such bad writing and ideas is allowed to be published....
    Could you tell us what happens in the last issues of Aaron's Phoenix storyline? Hell freezes over before I spend money on this sh*t.