Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
X-men is one of the most statics franchises on comics, So Jean is forced into a box were she can't grow anyway.
Avengers had Falcon, Black panther and Monica as leaders. A lot more of diversity than X-books

The story was already crappy to start, Phoenix couldn't kill Jeean because she had to grow up to be the adult one.

I really don't get Ghost Jean being desperate, but just being a a-hole for the sake of the story

Hopeless writing the solo was a lot of waste of a book. A female writer could had told a more interesting story
I meant desperate as in urgent and impatient and that is why she was harsh with her teenage self, possessed Emma, manipulated Teen Jean to get the phoenix spark, etc. Jean not being saint Jean is the character I prefer though I do like that she has high ideas about morality and ethics that she tries to live up to but like all of us occasionally fails at it.

You are probably not wrong about a female writer doing a better job with Teen Jean but I think the solo was still highly enjoyable and had several good moments. At least Jean got some major focus and got to star in an on-going.