Page 24 of 719 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124524 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Sadly The issue is not that he doesn’t like her, the issue is that he doesn’t get what’s great about her
    I think the issue is that he thinks what's great about her is her role as Cyclops' love interest.

I did enjoy the art, but Jean being carried along cyclops by the superguardian 'cause apparently she forgot about her tk powers kinda ruined my enjoyment of the book
    I told you guys before that Hickman Jean can't fly lol

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She used it to fight the Brood earlier in the series and in the big battle during XOS
    Are there panels of this?
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 01-27-2021 at 11:14 PM.

BANNED

The name of the book is X-Men, not Jean Grey. Different characters have to turn to shine. You cannot have one character always go in there and save the day.

Different characters have to have time to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The name of the book is X-Men, not Jean Grey. Different characters have to turn to shine. You cannot have one character always go in there and save the day.

Sounds like more excuses for bad writing, just give Jean and Scott something else to do, “no one has to do it all” does not mean they have tu turn dumb and forget their own power set. The Jean I know would never stand there in distress and powerless just because her ex husband took a hit to the head.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Sounds like more excuses for bad writing, just give Jean and Scott something else to do, “no one has to do it all” does not mean they have tu turn dumb and forget their own power set. The Jean I know would never stand there in distress and powerless just because her ex husband took a hit to the head.
    She’s a fictional character who will do whatever the writers want her to do.

She was not written poorly her and I like her X-Factor Marvel Girl outfit.

She didn’t act helpless. She was concerned her husband got knocked out.

Hickman is a good writer with great long term developments. Sadly, people cannot see past their favorite character not soloing 100 bad guys alone.

People were complaining Gordon only killed 13 of the White Sword’s soldiers.

I agree. But the problem is though that Hickman gives the most agency to predominantly male characters. I love a good team book.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    God Hickman’s jean is such a bloody pushover. The Jean I know would have gotten angry and lashed out to defend Cyclops, like when she tore the sentinel part out of the prime sentinels when Cyclops was injured. Or at least shield him. Instead Hickman has her react like it’s the girst time she’s in the battlefield and saw Cyclops hurt. If he’s trying to create tension it just rings false from what we know of these characters.

Hickman is a good writer with great long term developments. Sadly, people cannot see past their favorite character not soloing 100 bad guys alone.

How nice of you to remind us she’s a product of fiction......
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

I think the overall issue was kinda of dumb tbh. The supporting characters of this issue were oversaturated with Hickman therefore lack of creativity was kinda of obvious. Only highlight of the issue was Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    God Hickman’s jean is such a bloody pushover. The Jean I know would have gotten angry and lashed out to defend Cyclops, like when she tore the sentinel part out of the prime sentinels when Cyclops was injured. Or at least shield him. Instead Hickman has her react like it’s the girst time she’s in the battlefield and saw Cyclops hurt. If he’s trying to create tension it just rings false from what we know of these characters.
    It was bad writing, just cheap material to fill the panels without any care.
    Last edited by Daedra; 01-28-2021 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    That was a later retcon. Thevoriginal Marvel Girl was only telekinetic, but got telepathis powers the first the Charles ‘died’ and gave Hean his telepathy, but when was it ckearky seen as her own telepathy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Oh? I've never ever heard of that plot.
    Do you have the issue number and when that story was written/published?
    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    They do refer to her as having "inherited" telepathy from Xavier but his wording and the events leading up to his death clearly show Jean and Charles conspiring together "training" and he refers to her "experimenting" with her powers. So its kind of less than literal passing of telepathic torch depending on how the original issues are interpreted. Then they were retconned fully later...and then later again...

But take a moment to appreciate classic Marvel Girl as Prof. X's enforcer.

Last edited by Thirteen; 01-28-2021 at 07:49 AM. Reason: fixed typos

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    They do refer to her as having "inherited" telepathy from Xavier but his wording and the events leading up to his death clearly show Jean and Charles conspiring together "training" and her refers to he "experimenting" with her powers. So its kind of less than literal passing of telepathic torch depending on how the original issues are interpreted. Then they were retconned fully later...and then later again...

But take a moment to appreciate classic Marvel Girl as Prof. X's enforcer.

1970s till 2021: Such a beautiful history of a really stupid-looking mask & costume.......!

And me thinking it was about the real history of that Montana girl . Particularly Jean from the HiX-Man era is doing some very random things ... She has years of battle, and lately she is lost in the middle of them ... Apart from that I thought Xandra was right to say she was in debt to the storm ( cyke and jean were there for nothing?)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Ahh! Thanks 13...you're the knees of my bees.
    Reading comprehension is onehelluvathing, indeed.
    So...not a literal, direct transferal of telepathic power from Xavier to Jean (as the article suggested). "Preparing" her simply meant he was helping her develop additional telepathic abilities...to be the new telepath of the team.

"By now, she should have added telepathy to her mind-over-matter abilities!" suggests that Jean herself was developing that power, with Xavier's help.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

When Hickman wrote Ultimate Jean he didn’t use her TK as well. Does Hickman have a habit of only using one power for characters that have two or more powers?
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    When Hickman wrote Ultimate Jean he didn’t use her TK as well. Does Hickman have a habit of only using one power for characters that have two or more powers?
    maybe he only has read Claremont's X-Men: Revolution in preparation for his run.