Page 437 of 719 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441447487537 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,555 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Noooooo! 😭😭😭😭😭😭

ScreenRant:

X-Men #2 gives one of the most comprehensible explanations yet of how telepathy works in Marvel Comics, making it clear that even without the Phoenix Force, Jean Grey is one of Marvel's most powerful heroes.
    https://screenrant.com/x-men-explain...campaign=SR-TW

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Oh, to see Jean dressing this elegant and fashionable again! It would be a dream come true!

Thanks a lot for sharing, Lucyinthesky! I love it!
    You are welcome Grinning Soul I am happy you liked it and Jean looks awesome in this, I also hope we get more opportunities for them to use different kind of clothes
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    You are welcome Grinning Soul I am happy you liked it and Jean looks awesome in this, I also hope we get more opportunities for them to use different kind of clothes :)
    Me too. I love seeing the heroes in civilian clothes. :)

And Jean, in particular, was one of the original Marvel It-Girls. Up until the 90s (where bad fashion hit every single character), she wore trendy, elegant clothes. Nothing high-fashion, but always smart. Then in the 2000s they decided that Jean always were casual clothes and it stuck. [EDIT: Then, she died but death didn't erase that! :P]

It would be awesome if Duggan would reverse this unfortunate misconception. Fingers crossed. :)
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 08-15-2021 at 12:47 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Me too. I love seeing the heroes in civilian clothes.

And Jean, in particular, was one of the original Marvel It-Girls. Up until the 90s (where bad fashion hit every single character), she wore trendy, elegant clothes. Nothing high-fashion, but always smart. Then in the 2000s they decided that Jean always were casual clothes and it stuck. [EDIT: Then, she died but death didn't erase that! :P]

It would be awesome if Duggan would reverse this unfortunate misconception. Fingers crossed.
    Every charcter has got a bad fashion stage sometimes and sometimes they are drawn that way for life(looking at my boy Magswith some exceptions) but after the Gala there´s a possibility the artist will get more creative with their designs, Valerio Schitti always did this with Agent Brand everytime he got an opportunity and Pepe Larraz art is just great so I could see him giving Jean new and different clothes for each occasion. When I saw Lucas design for Jean I loved her phoenix pendant and how he drew all the X-women with a different outfit that let us know their particular taste.

The Real owners of the X-men! from left to right: Emma Frost, Jean Grey, Storm, Rogue and Pyslocke. by Lucas Werneck
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-15-2021 at 03:24 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I'm supposed to be updating the second Twitter thread I've dedicated to #JeanGreyFeats, which covers her return and time with X-Factor but those initial issues have been lackluster and I've fallen down an early-2000's Uncanny X-Men rabbit hole. I feel a little bad about abandoning my duties, but I keep discovering beautiful Jean moments in UXM. These moments from issue #392 made my soul sing:

From X-Men #104 (2000):

J. Scott Campbell retweeted my tweet of his Jean Grey #1 alternate covers! And it's turning out to be another hit tweet for Jean. 😭😭😭😭😭 This is the third time he's RTed a tweet of mine promoting his covers of Jean.

Today's tweet:

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...88459856318466

His cover of Jean as White Phoenix is included in the tweet along with the covers above.
    Last edited by Mercury; 08-15-2021 at 08:54 PM.

Previously, he retweeted two of the tweets from the following thread:

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...93527531606016

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...93763696021504

They included eight of his Jean covers, and I added a ninth cover (the Black Queen) the next day:

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...35400477483010

Some of the covers included:

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    From X-Men #104 (2000):

I forgot how much I adored Claremont's reinterpretation of Jean during the Revolution era as a telepath without telekinesis. I love the costume (minus the knee pats) and how the Phoenix signature returned without the baggage of the Phoenix Force. Marvel should really give Jean her iconic Phoenix Powers back without the Phoenix Force.

#TeamPinkPhoenixAura

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Every charcter has got a bad fashion stage sometimes and sometimes they are drawn that way for life(looking at my boy Magswith some exceptions) but after the Gala there´s a possibility the artist will get more creative with their designs, Valerio Schitti always did this with Agent Brand everytime he got an opportunity and Pepe Larraz art is just great so I could see him giving Jean new and different clothes for each occasion. When I saw Lucas design for Jean I loved her phoenix pendant and how he drew all the X-women with a different outfit that let us know their particular taste.
    Even back in the 60s, Jean's style was constantly upgraded to match the trend, while still keeping some characteristics consistent. The clothes were normally adjusted to the waist and feminine. She went from the rounded skirts/dresses to more beatnik/Mod style of the 60s (interesting to see her skirts getting shorter as the real world fashion changed), to the flared skirts/pants and plunging necklines of the 70s, to the structured working-woman vibe of the 80s (shoulder pads and big belts included). Then the 90s is a mixed bag. It's like artists stopped caring about it and most characters were wearing stuff that was quite ridiculous. It's almost like they were trying to make the characters look like clowns. :D

Then the 2000s came and this idea that Jean wears soccer mom's clothes became a thing and then she died and remained dead forever. There weren't many opportunities since she came back.

In this Krakoan era, most characters are only wearing their uniforms. Apart from those, Jean wore:

- a longer, loser green dress
    - a green bikini
    - pyjamas
    - the Gala outfit

And I really think that was it. Remember when the characters would wear normal clothes when they were not on a mission?

I'm hoping that, living in New York, maybe they'll go out and wear normal clothes and we get to see Jean dressing up again. It's been way too long. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I forgot how much I adored Claremont's reinterpretation of Jean during the Revolution era as a telepath without telekinesis. I love the costume (minus the knee pats) and how the Phoenix signature returned without the baggage of the Phoenix Force. Marvel should really give Jean her iconic Phoenix Powers back without the Phoenix Force.

#TeamPinkPhoenixAura
    Claremont added intriguing flourishes to Jean during the aforementioned era. However, I vacillate between wanting to see Jean manifest Phoenix powers and not. Frankly, I’d rather see the writers explore her power set as revealed through her time displacement, which showed her at her most powerful sans the Phoenix Force. Thankfully, this recent swathe of her development is considered canon. There’s so much to mine from it.

Feel the plastic Jean love! My collection of 616 Jean Grey (hence why AOA Jean isn't pictured), every Jean that's been made (Excluding older versions because they were terrible).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Claremont added intriguing flourishes to Jean during the aforementioned era. However, I vacillate between wanting to see Jean manifest Phoenix powers and not. Frankly, I’d rather see the writers explore her power set as revealed through her time displacement, which showed her at her most powerful sans the Phoenix Force. Thankfully, this recent swathe of her development is considered canon. There’s so much to mine from it.
    Her power set that Jeen displayed is not at odds with Phoenix powers. Using those powers she knocked down Galactus, and in the future knocked out four Surfers before taking out Galactus again. Both times she manifested a pink raptor.