Page 697 of 719 FirstFirst ... 197597647687693694695696697698699700701707 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,455 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    You really haven’t heard of it? House of M was a sequel to it and made references to the events of the story. It is where Wanda forces herself on Wonder Man and gives him a fellatio against his will. You had to have at least heard of that last part.
    It's honestly baffling that, despite how over hated Wanda can be, that moment is hardly ever mentioned when people want to talk **** about the bullshit she pulled lol.

Anyway, Feige said that a story like that can only been told on television.
    That sounds like you're talking about Wanda being a rapist being something that can only be told on TV lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Wanted to talk about this, I'm prefer character driven storytelling by a mile as opposed to plot related ones but I've re-read Hickman's X-men twice(3 in total) and loved it more every single time.HOX/POX may be close to 10, Inferno issue 3 alone is at 3 and going to be 4-5 before it ends.His Avengers/FF stuff I've only read once because of length, I do re-read some issue though.Same w/ Secret wars and loved both twice.

I tried re-reading Duggan's X-men and couldn't get past the second issue.It's feels like such a drag.

I have no clue why, even w/ Pepe's art I just can't do it.

You've always been very knowledgeable when it comes to Jean and even comics, do you(or anyone else) have any theories as to why this is?

Oh and Merry Christmas ya'll
    What Hickman is really good with it making cool concepts, that's the one thing about him I find praise-worthy even when he makes the most fucking boring info dumps.

That and he has a clear narrative that generally pays off, leave stuff here to answer it later.

In my case, it doesn't tend to work, his constant info dumps make the characters sound hella bland to me, and him leaving stuff vague to answer later can make his comics be what a friend of mine described as "intrigue of whether it'll be intriguing", and I really don't care about reading something I find boring to maybe get the answer later, but, anyone who doesn't mind or even likes his info dumps, and is okay with the way he leaves questions unanswered, then Hickman's stuff is really fun.

Duggan, I've only checked the first two issues, but is a lot more straight forward story telling, and not a particularly impressive one, it feels a lot more basic overall, though so far I'm liking Polaris in it at least lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Frankly, Jean sucks without the Phoenix and without Bendis’s psi vampirism powers. There’s nothing to distinguish her from any other telepath/telekinetic.
    How many other characters even have the telepathy/telekinesis combo to begin with? Right now I can only remember Rachel, and she's, not around much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Duggan has written some amazing telekinetic feats for Jean. In X-Men #1, she shielded the entire team from Sunfire's unrestrained blast, though the art didn't focus on it. She has a cute feat in #2, but I also think Duggan wanted to showcase Lorna's magnetic field, which is fair. In issue #3, she shields herself and the nihility sphere from and at one point telekinetically holds back the entire Evolutionary Guard. Duggan has also written Jean cutting off Deadpool's blood flow and hurling a skyscraper-sized, multiple-ton space station out of Mars' atmosphere, effectively achieving escape velocity from Mars, which clocks at 11,200+ mph. In fact, Duggan has been the writer to highlight Jean's telekinesis the most in this era. However, Percy also wrote her atomizing a group of telefloronics, which was another great feat.
    X-Men#2 also implies she uploaded a movie to Laura's head:

It's not much of a feat, but I thought it was funny to learn that Jean is a filthy pirate .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Tis the season!

BANNED

How many characters are telepaths/telekinetics? Seriously? Jean, Rachel, Cable, Stryfe, X-Man, Madelyne Pryor, Monet, Exodus, Quentin Quire, Selene, Apocalypse, Candra, Xavier with his cerebro helmet, Cassandra Nova, Moondragon, any of the eternals any powerful magic user including the Scarlet Witch, Dr. Strange, Agatha Harkness, Mr. Sinister, etc. Telepathic/telekinetic power serfs are basically standard in Marvel. Bring Phoenix is not. So without the Phoenix and without the psych absorption powers there is nothing unique about Jean and writers consider her basic and boring. We won’t really see them do anything worthwhile with her until
    They make her Phoenix.

Emma Frost, Storm, Captain Britain, Psylocke, and now even the Scarlet Witch have more prominent roles in Krakoan and mutant affairs as Jean. So long she is Marvel Girl she will go nowhere.

There are quite a few. That’s why I prefer when Cable’s powers are very low level and instead he has to rely on his skills, tech and weaponry honestly. Makes him more unique. Give him some slight TK (almost tactile TK where it just augments his strength and maybe allows him to throw up a force field to protect himself but that’s about it) and the slightest TP, to the point where maybe he has some precognitive flashes and can read a stray thought or two, but nothing more. Just my preference I suppose.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    There are quite a few. That’s why I prefer when Cable’s powers are very low level and instead he has to rely on his skills, tech and weaponry honestly. Makes him more unique. Give him some slight TK (almost tactile TK where it just augments his strength and maybe allows him to throw up a force field to protect himself but that’s about it) and the slightest TP, to the point where maybe he has some precognitive flashes and can read a stray thought or two, but nothing more. Just my preference I suppose.
    Cable’s techno virus not only limits his tk, the techno virus has its own powers that can be used too. It makes him unique. In story without the technovirus his powers would burn him out.
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 12-25-2021 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    How many characters are telepaths/telekinetics? Seriously? Jean, Rachel, Cable, Stryfe, X-Man, Madelyne Pryor, Monet, Exodus, Quentin Quire, Selene, Apocalypse, Candra, Xavier with his cerebro helmet, Cassandra Nova, Moondragon, any of the eternals any powerful magic user including the Scarlet Witch, Dr. Strange, Agatha Harkness, Mr. Sinister, etc.
    And Jean came before and was the blueprint for half of this list.

Last edited by Mercury; 12-25-2021 at 11:48 AM.

BANNED

She was supposed to be different by being the psi of all psis with the potential for "telekinetic godhood", but as we know, anything that boosts and boasts Jean Grey has to go away because that makes the John Byrnes and certain shippers feel insecure in their masculinity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    She was supposed to be different by being the psi of all psis with the potential for "telekinetic godhood", but as we know, anything that boosts and boasts Jean Grey has to go away because that makes the John Byrnes and certain shippers feel insecure in their masculinity.
    200 percent right here!

BANNED

Again, 200 percent right!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It's honestly baffling that, despite how over hated Wanda can be, that moment is hardly ever mentioned when people want to talk **** about the bullshit she pulled lol.
    The final scene was changed/censored. It's not clear what she's doing to him, but it's more like she's just hurting/torturing him somehow. We only know it was meant to be that because the original panel before publication was shown somewhere.

Duggan has written some amazing telekinetic feats for Jean. In X-Men #1, she shielded the entire team from Sunfire's unrestrained blast, though the art didn't focus on it. She has a cute feat in #2, but I also think Duggan wanted to showcase Lorna's magnetic field, which is fair. In issue #3, she shields herself and the nihility sphere from and at one point telekinetically holds back the entire Evolutionary Guard. Duggan has also written Jean cutting off Deadpool's blood flow and hurling a skyscraper-sized, multiple-ton space station out of Mars' atmosphere, effectively achieving escape velocity from Mars, which clocks at 11,200+ mph. In fact, Duggan has been the writer to highlight Jean's telekinesis the most in this era. However, Percy also wrote her atomizing a group of telefloronics, which was another great feat.
    Great list! Thank you for this.

BANNED

And that ugly dime store hooker mini skirt with 99 cent store dishwasher gloves and Catwoman mask don’t exactly help poor Jean either. I’m sorry those visuals are terrible.

They need to have a worst costume award.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Y'all make this thread fucking exhausting to come into. It's so negative for no good reason all the damn time.

Anyway, happy holidays.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Jean walked barefoot in hot stones for 100 miles so all of them others could run

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Y'all make this thread fucking exhausting to come into. It's so negative for no good reason all the damn time.

Anyway, happy holidays.
    Thank you. Some of these people thrive on it. It’s sad and pathetic.

Anyway, Happy Holidays to you too!

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Jean walked barefoot in hot stones for 100 miles so all of them others could run
    Speak the truth.