Page 631 of 719 FirstFirst ... 131531581621627628629630631632633634635641681 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,465 of 10783
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    It’s not at all regressive.

Will they have Professor Xavier or Magneto mowing lawns as teenagers or selling lemonade as kids in the movies? Absolutely NOT!

Figure out the reasons why and you will have all those reasons why Jean won’t be a waitress or a model.

No male genius in Marvel is ever shown as doing a low end, crap job or a low skilled job. Even Peter Parker started out as a photographer. Though he was not paid much for quite sometime, bring a photojournalist is a skilled, respectable job.

Models are just pretty faces. You might as well be just a mannequin. It’s not a job for one of the most powerful minds in the world.
    But, Jean was going to Metro College during her modeling days and was not a full-time X-Woman at the time...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    But, Jean was going to Metro College during her modeling days and was not a full-time X-Woman at the time...
    I don’t we’re going to see X-Men, the college years. Pretty sure we won’t.

Some obvious realms for it. This is super heroes. Being a hero is a full time job. If heroes have other jobs is usually something fantastic like scientist, doctor, professor, soldier, businessman, royalty, pilot, something that leads to adventure and drama.

Plus I think the themes of persecution and alienation, and fighting against them don’t work in you’re modeling or acting.

Because if this group is so hated and feared, how do they get shoe business jobs? There’s secret identities, but some villain would expose them.

The Red Dragon

The studio behind animated Castlevania pitched a Marvel anthology series in 2012/13. Jean was in it:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/collide...animation/amp/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    The studio behind animated Castlevania pitched a Marvel anthology series in 2012/13. Jean was in it:

That would have been awesome. I love the art of the Carol Danvers bit.

Man, that whole CompleX really screwed us over, even in ways we didn't know about lol

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    That would have been awesome. I love the art of the Carol Danvers bit.

Man, that whole CompleX really screwed us over, even in ways we didn't know about lol
    Yeah from that short clip I love how stylized the animation was and how each era had it’s own distinct style.

That would have been so good

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    That would have been so good
    At least we got to see Jean in action for this short lived moment. I liked the sound fx for her powers.

Thanks for sharing, Tank! It looks like it could've been a great show!

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    That's amazing, congrats Mercury!
    Thanks, love! All thanks should go to Beau, who seems super cool and receptive to all fans. Thank god he's a big Jean fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I request two things

1) Push the idea of actually showing Jean and Storm as best friends/sisters since it's never been seen like ever.

2) Push to have the Phoenix make Emma explode again so I can giggle.
    I'll slip in #1 when I do a 90s thread, especially because they shared some beautiful moments during that era. I don't think Emma is going to be in this series, at least not for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Y'know, assuming this is serious, I wonder if Jean is the only one with "unofficial researcher", because now I'm kinda fearing that they'll go the complete opposite of what Jean used to be in the cartoon and be too powerful.

Like, characters looking powerful is nice, and considering how embarassing the Jean from the 90's cartoon used to be, she definitely could use some improvements, but going too far is dangerous if it overshadows the rest...
    She won't overshadow the rest, but they do need to make her as powerful as she is in the comics, especially to make up for how nerfed she was during the original run of the series.

X-Men: Revolution Jean/Phoenix by Beefcake Boss (@beefcakeboss2):

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Thanks for sharing, Tank! It looks like it could've been a great show!

The visual of her closing her eyes to gather the ice and then opening them up wide before unleashing them is something I didnt know I needed, it’s amazing and very striking visual.

I'm asking you and everyone else in this thread to share your favorite 90s to 2000s (pre-Morrison) feats and arcs if you can. I already have some in mind.
    From the top of my head:

1.) I really liked Jean in the Onslaught saga, or better mainly during the set up/first arc of the event. She had some amazing showings: Onslaught visiting her and tries to get the secret out of her how she became Dark Phoenix. I also liked the scene when Jean goes shopping and she hears all these ugly and angry opinions in the thoughts of the humans she meets on her way. She was also the emotional starting point for the event with the video from Bishop's future warning everyone about a great threat and that the X-Men have been betrayed. I also liked her use of telepathy when she suppressed Bruce Banner's personality within Hulk at the end.

2.) Her entire storyline with Sabretooth at the mansion is pretty great. She questions Xavier's decision, kicks Sabretooth butt repeatedly ("You are a firecracker but I'm an atom bomb"), and is also hunting Sabretooth down when he finally escapes and indents to kill Generation X.

3.) Her powers in Claremont's X-Men: Revolution is just stunning to me. They brought the Phoenix effect back as a manifestation of her psy powers without attachement to the "cosmic retcon bird".

4.) In general, I really adore her friendship moments with so many X-Men in the 90s. There is a moment where she flies with Arcangel during/before Phalanx Covenant. Or hugging Quicksilver in the kitchen after the events of Onslaught. Taking are of Jubilee when she is afraid of Sabretooth, etc. etc.

--

But I mainly started to love her during Morrison's run and after. That is the ultimate Jean Grey for me. She starts to become truly an Omega-level mutant again after the Dark Phoenix Saga.

Her scene in Duggan's X-Men helping Synch understanding her telepathy is also pretty quintessential to me. I think Jean's empathy is the core to understand the character. Some psys turn bitter and manipulative (Emma, Xavier) because of their powers but she (somehow) keeps her trust in humanity despite her knowledge about every dirty secret human's have and she becomes the ultimate empathetic Healer.

Hence, when she psychometrically cleans Xavier's mansion after Bastion's attack, meditation upside down, is my absolute favorite Jean Grey moment.

Bam. Done.
    Last edited by Exodus; 11-18-2021 at 12:47 AM.

The visual of her closing her eyes to gather the ice and then opening them up wide before unleashing them is something I didnt know I needed, it’s amazing and very striking visual.
    I totally agree! I loved how they animated her opening her eyes wide. It was a neat detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    From the top of my head:

1.) I really liked Jean in the Onslaught saga, or better mainly during the set up/first arc of the event. She had some amazing showings: Onslaught visiting her and tries to get the secret out of her how she became Dark Phoenix. I also liked the scene when Jean goes shopping and she hears all these ugly and angry opinions in the thoughts of the humans she meets on her way. She was also the emotional starting point for the event with the video from Bishop's future warning everyone about a great threat and that the X-Men have been betrayed. I also liked her use of telepathy when she suppressed Bruce Banner's personality within Hulk at the end.

2.) Her entire storyline with Sabretooth at the mansion is pretty great. She questions Xavier's decision, kicks Sabretooth butt repeatedly ("You are a firecracker but I'm an atom bomb"), and is also hunting Sabretooth down when he finally escapes and indents to kill Generation X.

3.) Her powers in Claremont's X-Men: Revolution is just stunning to me. They brought the Phoenix effect back as a manifestation of her psy powers without attachement to the "cosmic retcon bird".

4.) In general, I really adore her friendship moments with so many X-Men in the 90s. There is a moment where she flies with Arcangel during/before Phalanx Covenant. Or hugging Quicksilver in the kitchen after the events of Onslaught. Taking are of Jubilee when she is afraid of Sabretooth, etc. etc.

--

But I mainly started to love her during Morrison's run and after. That is the ultimate Jean Grey for me. She starts to become truly an Omega-level mutant again after the Dark Phoenix Saga.

Her scene in Duggan's X-Men helping Synch understanding her telepathy is also pretty quintessential to me. I think Jean's empathy is the core to understand the character. Some psys turn bitter and manipulative (Emma, Xavier) because of their powers but she (somehow) keeps her trust in humanity despite her knowledge about every dirty secret human's have and she becomes the ultimate empathetic Healer.

Hence, when she psychometrically cleans Xavier's mansion after Bastion's attack, meditation upside down, is my absolute favorite Jean Grey moment.

Bam. Done.
    Thank you for sharing these moments. A few of them are amongst my favorites, as well!

I'm asking you and everyone else in this thread to share your favorite 90s to 2000s (pre-Morrison) feats and arcs if you can. I already have some in mind.
    X-MEN #71 (Joe Kelly/Carlos Pachecho) Jean gives the Xavier Institute a psychometric cleansing from the negative psychic residue left behind by the events of Operation:Zero Tolerance. Her powers manifest as little birds attacking an avatar of Bastion.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.