Page 636 of 719 FirstFirst ... 136536586626632633634635636637638639640646686 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,540 of 10783

I love ALL of those feats! Thanks for posting them. I can see them a million times!

But, depending on the depth and area of snow moved, the snow may well be the heaviest Jean has moved. 1 gallon of water weighs 8 pounds and in a heavy wet snow, the percentage of water is greater making the same amount of snow weigh more.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I love ALL of those feats! Thanks for posting them. I can see them a million times!

But, depending on the depth and area of snow moved, the snow may well be the heaviest Jean has moved. 1 gallon of water weighs 8 pounds and in a heavy wet snow, the percentage of water is greater making the same amount of snow weigh more.
    You bring up an interesting point. Thankfully, we now know, sans the Phoenix Force, she can move mass that is a lot larger and heavier and at escape velocity (from Mars, i.e. 11,230+ mph).

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    You bring up an interesting point. Thankfully, we now know, sans the Phoenix Force, she can move mass that is a lot larger and heavier and at escape velocity (from Mars, i.e. 11,230+ mph).

Yes, now that is the largest, heaviest and fastest hurled thing Jean ever did! Without a doubt. The speed that Jean hurled it is astronomical!

But Jean is much stronger now than when she did the snow moving.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Yes, now that is the largest, heaviest and fastest hurled thing Jean ever did! Without a doubt. The speed that Jean hurled it is astronomical!

But Jean is much stronger now than when she did the snow moving.
    I'm still not convinced the snow was heavier than a half-dozen metal construction beams, which had to weigh over a ton, or heavier than Juggernaut. I get your point, though.

I'm still not convinced the snow was heavier than a half-dozen metal construction beams, which had to weigh over a ton, or heavier than Juggernaut. I get your point, though.
    If my calculations are correct, then a 100 feet x 100 feet 4 feet deep snow is approximatey 150,000 pounds average or 75 tons. The area Jean moved was probably 50 feet by 50 feet and even at 2 feet deep would be about 9 tons.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 11-21-2021 at 08:16 PM.

If my calculations are correct, then a 100 feet x 100 feet 4 feet deep snow is approximatey 150,000 pounds average or 75 tons. The area Jean moved was probably 50 feet by 50 feet and even at 2 feet would be about 18 tons.
    You are too cute, lol. And, if that's true, chiiiile...

You are too cute, lol. And, if that's true, chiiiile...
    Thanks.

well, let's just say, it is heavvvyyy for sure, lol. But regardless, Jean has lifted many heavy things.

That pole Jean threw to Magneto was by far the largest, heaviest and fastest she has ever done I believe.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 11-21-2021 at 08:26 PM.

Thanks.

well, let's just say, it is heavvvyyy for sure, lol. But regardless, Jean has lifted many heavy things.

That pole Jean threw to Magneto was by far the largest, heaviest and fastest she has ever done I believe.
    I this so, too. Duggan has given Jean some great feats in the short time he's written her.

I this so, too. Duggan has given Jean some great feats in the short time he's written her.
    He should have her start atomizing things and making her own fits like Magneto again.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    He should have her start atomizing things and making her own fits like Magneto again.
    That would be cool. Percy did have her atomize, i.e., disintegrate, telefloronics.

That would be cool. Percy did have her atomize, i.e., disintegrate, telefloronics.

I just wanna see her spin around like Sailor Moon and rock out in her green mini.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

I just wanna see her spin around like Sailor Moon and rock out in her green mini.
    I just want to see her spin around and out of the damn green mini. ��

It's coming...

I just want to see her spin around and out of the damn green mini. ��

It's coming...
    But...but it's cute. Dated, but cute...

The Dexter's Mom gloves are the best part.

What would you want her defacto outfit to be once it eventually gets changed?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

But...but it's cute. Dated, but cute...

The Dexter's Mom gloves are the best part.

What would you want her defacto outfit to be once it eventually gets changed?
    I want something sleek and simple for her. Not too adorned and leaning toward a darker palette, i.e., an emphasis on black with green and yellow/gold highlights. These three designs are what instantly came to mind:

This one by Alex Ross is exquisite. I like that Ross makes clear that the skirt and cloak can be removed:

Though this is a little more adorned than I would ordinarily go for, this design by Luciano Vecchio is modern, edgy, and a perfect homage to the green dress and Phoenix costumes:

Finally, this unused design by Jim Lee from 1989, sans the gold belt and Phoenix emblem, of course, would feel fresh today:

As you can see, the color black is central to all of these designs, which also use gold/yellow and green as accents. I love them.

Also, this green-accented version of Ross' costume would look amazing, too:

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    If it is meant for a character to outshine other characters they will. It has to do with how the mass audiences, not an individual, like a character.

It’s not like the MCU doesn’t know how to make money. Lol
    So what? Going for a "It's more popular" kind of mentality is going to screw over other characters too much, and again, this is a team cartoon, making only a few characters do stuff makes the team redundant, not to mention playing too safely.

And yeah, putting too much highlight in the popular characters will make more money, but that's a sellout mentality where popularity gets in the way of quality, one of the better things about X-Men Evolution for example was how Wolverine didn't have that many episodes dedicated to him, which allowed others to get screen time.

I hate that emoticons count as pictures, too. It makes no sense.
    Probably a leftover from the old days, 'cause this forum is quite blatantly a 90's relic lol.

Also, your style of writing reminds me of two other Spidey fans I've conversed with on here (i.e., the X-Books). You guys have this breezy and endearing way of writing, lol.
    Huh, didn't think there was such a pattern among Spidey fans lol.

Kinda surprising I come across as "breezy" too, I see myself as a cynic.

How is telepathy a "potentially broken" power, though?
    Anything with a mind can be affected by telepathy, something as simple as a mind blast is like being able to punch the opponent on the brain, and then we have other perks like, being able to attack as fast as the character can think, being able to attack more than one character at once, range not really being an issue...

And that's just simple attacks, if you get creative, telepathy can delete memories, mess with someone's senses and for example, make them think they're fighting when they're not, and whatever other stuff I didn't consider.

It's is very flexible, very powerful, and the opponent will need to have specific defenses against it so the telepath doesn't just end the battle with a literal thought.

Basically, like magic, it needs rules here and there to not be able to do too much, it's obviously not as flexible as magic, but still pretty flexible.

Oh and, this has nothing to do with telepathy's potential brokeness, but unless fancy visuals are used, telepathy is more boring to look at, a character standing still making another one faint, yeah... Can be fine once in a while, but definitely can't happen too much.

Also, I just wish the writers would be more creative in working around powerful characters without resorting to nerfing them.
    Well, not that I'm excusing it, but being creative is hard, nerfing gives more limits, which makes is easier for characters to be punched in the face lol.

Ah, no wonder! I was like, "Wait a minute. Emma was not featured in the original animated series. I've never watched WatXM. It seemed to veer too far away from the comics for my tastes.
    A big problem with it is that it's kinda boring really, few characters not called Wolverine get some development, Storm for example is basically useless, and doesn't have much of a personality, so if she's removed, nothing much is lost lol.

Good catch! I recently sped read the first 137 issues to cover Jean's feats. Here's the thread: https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...79233021689865 Note: If you're inclined to check out the thread, keep clicking "Show Replies" until you reach issue #137; it's a long thread. Also, here's thread two, in which I cover Jean's origins from Bizarre Adventures and her return, along with X-Factor: https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...32583046991872 I haven't updated the thread in a while, but I will be picking back up on it shortly.)
    I'm in issue#9 right now, she's kinda doing better than I expectedm specially considering this is Stan Lee and Jack Kirby we're talking about lol.

In combat she's been doing alright so far, was surprised that she managed to grab Pietro twice just like that, and he's a speedster who casually dodges other attacks, so that's huge, always thought that would be something she'd do only after her powers increased.

Biggest problem right now with her is is her personality, she's just kinda there, Angel is like that once in a while, and Cyclops was the same too, but then issue#7 has him suddenly becoming the leader, and once in a while we see him thinking about what it's like to be a leader, so he has that going for him.

Stuff is improving slowy over time, so maybe Jean will get her turn before Lee/Kirby leave, but I honestly can kinda see why X-Men got cancelled, the first impressions were weak, stories were kinda boring and Magneto showed up too much in the first issues... Like, in the first 7 issues, he showed up 5 times as the main enemy, by comparison, during Ditko's run on Spidey (38 issues plus 2 annuals), Green Goblin showed up 6 times as a main threat (He shows up in some other issues, but those were basically cameos), and even after his debut (ASM#14) he didn't take over as the comic's villain so agressively, X-Men were less balanced when it comes to this at first.

In their defense, after X-Men#1, Magneto shows up with the Brotherhood, so I guess Lee/Kirby figured that having a team against another would keep things interesting, but honestly was repetitive anyways, at least for me.

And here I was thinking that Stan Lee calling her telekinesis "teleport" would only have happened in X-Men#2 lol.

If my calculations are correct, then a 100 feet x 100 feet 4 feet deep snow is approximatey 150,000 pounds average or 75 tons. The area Jean moved was probably 50 feet by 50 feet and even at 2 feet deep would be about 9 tons.
    That reminds me how silly it is that Marvel's power scaling has brute force ending at "100 tons or more", 100 tons really isn't that impressive for the really strong characters, since a tank's weight is at around 60 tons, and the snow in that situation according to you is 75 tons, so just 25 tons short of the cap Marvel arbitrarily picked, yeah lol.