Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
1) We're not talking about her everyday looks here. We're talking about a costume that she's fighting on missions with. It'd be one thing if it was only on her scenes at the Summers house and stuff, but it's not.

2) I say proper in regards to being a proper SUPERHERO UNIFORM. If it wasn't for the mask and gloves, the dress/belt/boots would be casual civilian clothes.

3) What are you even saying... You're trying to say that I'M the sexist one because I don't like that male writers are, according to your own words, behaving like stupid horny teenagers? LOL. I just said that I don't have a problem with female heroes wearing dresses. I have a problem with the design, how dated it is, and how the writers are acting about it.

Jean is a fictional character. What she wears is something decided by writers/artists/editors. Any reasons as to why she's wearing them are made-up by said people. I'm not talking about women's rights to wear whatever they want. Of course women wearing skirts isn't regressive. A fictional character wearing a costume from the 60's that looks dated and she obviously grew out of these days is regressive. In my opinion, at least.
1) What's the difference? Really. I'm not trying to be annoying. I don't see it. How is a mini dress any less practical than high heels or a leotard?
2) Why can't casual civilian clothes work as a superhero uniform? It's just preference, right? Does anyone have a problem when Luke Cake wear his civilian clothes while super-heroing?
3) No. I apologise if it sounded like I was calling you sexist. I was just saying that silly behaviour of stupid writers shouldn't lead to restrictions to female character's clothes.

Well... when people bring the ideas of "regressive" into the discussion simply because it has to do with a female character - again, I don't see people having such reaction if it was about a male character - it does become an issue that affects females in general, fictional or real.