Page 547 of 719 FirstFirst ... 47447497537543544545546547548549550551557597647 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 10783

Earlier today, I asked David Messina to tweet out a "Jean crumb" - he's been tweeting out previews of The Trial of Magneto #5 - and he just responded with this:

@Da_Mess: next tweet! ^_^
    https://twitter.com/Da_Mess/status/1442625443329449986

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I've seen a few of these! They're pretty amazing.

I love the energy veins. That's my kink! #ISaidWhatISaid

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

I love the energy veins. That's my kink! #ISaidWhatISaid
    🤣 Well, I love Dark Phoenix the movie - I see it as a "What If...?" take on the DPS - so I'm not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    �� Well, I love Dark Phoenix the movie - I see it as a "What If...?" take on the DPS - so I'm not complaining.
    With regards to Dark Phoenix all I have to say is -

But replace gowns with music.

Earlier today, I asked David Messina to tweet out a "Jean crumb" - he's been tweeting out previews of The Trial of Magneto #5 - and he just responded with this:

https://twitter.com/Da_Mess/status/1442625443329449986
    Can't wait to see her, I'm really liking Messina's style with Ray, I'm sure he will do a great job with Jean too

With regards to Dark Phoenix all I have to say is -

But replace gowns with music.
    omg. It's so underrated. Admittedly, the first time I saw it, I was nonplussed. However, after catching it a few years later - last month, actually - I fell in love with it. The score, the overall aesthetics, Turner's potent yet understated performance, the last 5-10 minutes of the film... I was blown away. I actually bought the Blu-Ray. It definitely failed as an adaptation, but, like I said, I consider it an alternate version retelling. Think of it is as What If...the Phoenix Force Destroyed D'Bari Before Bonding with Jean Grey?.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Can't wait to see her, I'm really liking Messina's style with Ray, I'm sure he will do a great job with Jean too
    Chiiile, I'm practically refreshing his page every hour, lol.

omg. It's so underrated. Admittedly, the first time I saw it, I was nonplussed. However, after catching it a few years later - last month, actually - I fell in love with it. The score, the overall aesthetics, Turner's potent yet understated performance, the last 5-10 minutes of the film... I was blown away. I actually bought the Blu-Ray. It definitely failed as an adaptation, but, like I said, I consider it an alternate version retelling. Think of it is as What If...the Phoenix Force Destroyed D'Bari Before Bonding with Jean Grey?.

Chiiile, I'm practically refreshing his page every hour, lol.
    Lol hey to each their own. If I overlook how my fave was treated I could probably see the movie in a different light that is more favorable. But as of now it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But again, good music.

I'd like a What if Jean survived Xorneto's attack

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I'd like a What if Jean survived Xorneto's attack
    That would be amazing. As I've shared before, I feel Morrison had much bigger plans for her but blew everything up and killed her off as a sort of "**** you" to Marvel because of their fraught relationship. Xorneto killing Jean after she had already died and risen and fully manifesting the Phoenix Force doesn't make any sense. She was already cosmic at that point.

My headcanon has her having chosen to die to ascend to White Phoenix status to repair the orphaned universe.

That would be amazing. As I've shared before, I feel Morrison had much bigger plans for her but blew everything up and killed her off as a sort of "**** you" to Marvel because of their fraught relationship. Xorneto killing Jean after she had already died and risen and fully manifesting the Phoenix Force doesn't make any sense. She was already cosmic at that point.

My headcanon has her having chosen to die to ascend to White Phoenix status to repair the orphaned universe.
    Yeah, Morrison pretty much telegraphed it by having Jean tell Wolverine she doesn't know how long "they"(the Phoenix consciousness) will let her stay.

What was super frustrating in that era was...One, the complete bait&switch that was Phoenix Endsong...and Two, the hypocritical "law of the land" from Queseda at the time...the so-called "Dead means dead" policy...sure, except for Colossus...Psylocke...Magneto/Xorn....etc

Blech

baumblume

David Messina #trialofmagneto

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    David Messina #trialofmagneto
    The mask is back but it looks decent

That would be amazing. As I've shared before, I feel Morrison had much bigger plans for her but blew everything up and killed her off as a sort of "**** you" to Marvel.
    Yeah, and to us fans even moreso.

Then Marvel continued the "tribute" to us by keeping Jean dead for just shy of 15 years!

Talk about a stupid plan of revenge going bonkers. The only ones hurt were the fans. (smh)
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!