Page 19 of 719 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119519 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm forever team pink blobs. I hate when artists use it for other telepaths/telekinetics. It should be unique to Jean IMO.

Last edited by Soulsword323; 01-25-2021 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Another marvel girl Attachment 105291
    I like how you have the boots going up to her thighs!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm forever team pink blobs. I hate when artists use it for other telepaths/telekinetics. It should be unique to Jean IMO.

I love the pink blobs and pink energy signature but I'd be lying if I didn't mention this:

One of my all time favorite energy signatures and so unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I love the pink blobs and pink energy signature but I'd be lying if I didn't mention this:

One of my all time favorite energy signatures and so unique.
    And also shown in a few issues prior to this scene, Jean had that unique power signature.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    And also shown in a few issues prior to this scene, Jean had that unique power signature.
    Such an amazing and weird time, the moment she started to trust her own power and with a fancy new power signature, she becomes Phoenix. With an entirety new costume, attitude, and incredible new power signature! But that one will always have my heart!

Agree.

I think Jean also did that "Big Head" telepath thing---making a psychic image of head/face (in yellow/orange too) when she used her TP to call for Scott to hurry and free them. I always wanted to see Jean do that. I had only seen Xavier do that before.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Agree.

I think Jean also did that "Big Head" telepath thing---making a psychic image of head/face (in yellow/orange too) when she used her TP to call for Scott to hurry and free them. I always wanted to see Jean do that. I had only seen Xavier do that before.

You mean this? She was doing it back in the 60s during the 05 days too

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

You mean this? She was doing it back in the 60s during the 05 days too
    Yes! Thank you. I must have forgot that one! I only remembered the one time right before returning home on the shuttle. Is this when they were looking for Alex in the dessert?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't think "the floating head" was an actual visual manifestation of her power that the others could see...I've always read it as an artistic rendering of her (and Xavier) using their telepathy on a grand scale and making contact.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

We discuss it often but with so many psychic mutants in the X-world they do need some of them to stand out. Jean should have a distinct power signature. Her powers sometimes look sort of generic. I do think she would look good with the massive tk pink blobs at least it would make her stand out.. or if the pink energy signature looked sort of fiery like it did sometimes with Teen Jean (especially in pink form mode).

I'm kind of interested in seeing how Booth portrays Jean's powers in Wednesday's X-men (assuming she uses her powers). If they are trying to track down Xandra then a telepath should be useful. Though I'm like some of you and think Sunspot and Cannonball may have significant roles in the issue.

Yes! Thank you. I must have forgot that one! I only remembered the one time right before returning home on the shuttle. Is this when they were looking for Alex in the dessert?
    Yep! Thats when Neal Adams took over as artist adn was doing new and interesting things with the visuals of Jean's powers. This was a fave

LOL....at the description. I imagine Roy Thomas didnt know what the heck that was but went with it when he got the panels

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't think "the floating head" was an actual visual manifestation of her power that the others could see...I've always read it as an artistic rendering of her (and Xavier) using their telepathy on a grand scale and making contact.
    I always thought of it as a visual and indeed it does seem like characters are looking at the head at times, lol!

I always thought of it as a visual and indeed it does seem like characters are looking at the head at times, lol!
    Indeed. Its astral projection, just we see just the head and not the whole body

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yep! Thats when Neal Adams took over as artist adn was doing new and interesting things with the visuals of Jean's powers. This was a fave

LOL....at the description. I imagine Roy Thomas didnt know what the heck that was but went with it when he got the panels
    Neal Adams is goat. His Jean is stunning

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    We discuss it often but with so many psychic mutants in the X-world they do need some of them to stand out. Jean should have a distinct power signature. Her powers sometimes look sort of generic. I do think she would look good with the massive tk pink blobs at least it would make her stand out.. or if the pink energy signature looked sort of fiery like it did sometimes with Teen Jean (especially in pink form mode).

I'm kind of interested in seeing how Booth portrays Jean's powers in Wednesday's X-men (assuming she uses her powers). If they are trying to track down Xandra then a telepath should be useful. Though I'm like some of you and think Sunspot and Cannonball may have significant roles in the issue.
    And it would be so easy, it's not like the X-telepaths don't have distinct personalities and visuals which would make the process that much easier oh wait....

Off the top of the dome:

Jean/Rachel: Some form of Phoenix emblem or aesthetic that fiery. I'd settle for Jean's color being pink while Rachel's was red/orange.
    Xavier: psychic Cerebro helmet
    Emma: some form of stylized crown
    Psylocke/Captain Britain: psychic butterfly; honestly I'd prefer this to just be Bets but I'd compromise on both
    Stepford Cuckoo: maybe gimmick infringement but three telepathic birds/crowns I'm lending towards three cuckoos
    Quentin Quire: Some form of Omega symbol telepathic signature, dude already has the psychic shotgun.

Same!

Last edited by Celestialbodies; 01-25-2021 at 01:15 PM.