Page 17 of 719 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117517 ... LastLast

This x men 17 should have a focus on Jean ... Seriously ... even the young jean was condemned in place of the other

tZg5v.jpg

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'm fairly certain this Phoenix story will be retconned or ignored in the near future. It probably won't happen immediately, but I don't see Marvel letting Avengers hijack the Phoenix when it's so closely associated with the X-Men.
    Take your blinders off sir, it's already happened. The seeds were sown during AvX when Marvel allowed the Avengers to introduce new characters that could claim earlier ties to the Phoenix than Jean Grey and forcibly downplayed Rachel's previous role as host to create a new "destructive only" version of the PF. Then it continued in Thor where Aaron was allowed to use it even more. Then it was given partially to Thane. Then after Jean renounced it, it went to the land of hypocrites, the Aaron's Avengers, where we have yet another non-Jean-but-yet-Jean host who was an Avenger and has claim to it before Jean.

Marvel sees the Phoenix Force as some sort of cosmic cash cow and is hoping it will give the Avengers a needed boost in sales as the X-line doesn't need it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'm fairly certain this Phoenix story will be retconned or ignored in the near future. It probably won't happen immediately, but I don't see Marvel letting Avengers hijack the Phoenix when it's so closely associated with the X-Men.
    Too late. They already have

The phoenix started as a power of Jean ... Then a cosmic force that had a relationship with the Grey lineage ... For now to assist in sales of the Avengers ... What do I desire? Let it be a failure

The Phoenix is such a mess now. I used to be one of the biggest fans of Jean as Phoenix and now the Phoenix makes me cringe. Maybe one day it can be redeemed.

Jean is a great character with or without it imo.

As far as the tk talk I think Jean is still an incredibly powerful telekinetic. It is simply that Exodus outclasses her in that category.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    The Phoenix is such a mess now. I used to be one of the biggest fans of Jean as Phoenix and now the Phoenix makes me cringe. Maybe one day it can be redeemed.

Jean is a great character with or without it imo.

As far as the tk talk I think Jean is still an incredibly powerful telekinetic. It is simply that Exodus outclasses her in that category.
    Have Exodus and Jean ever fought? If so, how did Jean do against him?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I suppose she would win ... whereas Emma won against him in the Messiah Complex saga
    1242797-4580357287_cb1cfb1971_o.jpg

They did in Blood Ties and she didnt do well against him

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I suppose she would win ... whereas Emma won against him in the Messiah Complex saga
    1242797-4580357287_cb1cfb1971_o.jpg
    That was TP vs TP though. Its Exodus' TK that is omega. At least when they fought before, Exodus was able to overtake Jean with his and she was powerless against it. Granted that was in the early 90s, but thats the only example I believe is out there
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-22-2021 at 10:16 AM.

Yeah, the 90's (early '90's?) was not kind to Jean. Many times just being present as a face in the crowd with no action and/or low power showings. But even if Jean was powerful in the '90's, today's Jean Grey has evolved and her powers are much more stronger.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Yeah, the 90's (early '90's?) was not kind to Jean. Many times just being present as a face in the crowd with no action and/or low power showings. But even if Jean was powerful in the '90's, today's Jean Grey has evolved and her powers are much more stronger.
    Like this?

kfHvTO6_tzYv.jpg

and

6889504-rco008_1469321144.jpg

Twice, they fought twice. Bloodties posted below and briefly during the fall of Avalon while he fought Holocaust.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Twice, they fought twice. Bloodties posted below and briefly during the fall of Avalon while he fought Holocaust.
    Thanks. She doesnt fare much better there

Thanks for the scans guys. Wow, Jean did poorly against Exodus.

Do you think she is much more skilled and powerful today than she was back then?

I look at it like she has since grown into her Omega status, meaning that she has achieved her full TP potential now (minus the PF), as opposed to back then. How do you see it?

Thanks for the scans guys. Wow, Jean did poorly against Exodus.

Do you think she is much more skilled and powerful today than she was back then?
    To be fair Exodus was being promoted as the most powerful of powerful emerging mutants of the period. Sersi the Eternal struggled with him - where SHE ranks when compared to Jean might be an interesting comparison.

In that Bloodties Crossover, it took a triple team (that included Xavier) to disrupt him momentarily. So it was everyone being jobbed to aggrandize Exodus at the big bad of the moment.

These are some strange plots ... At that time, a team from Xmen couldn't even win against Magneto. There was a comic book that psylock won alone ... And Jean with the Phoenix force lost to him because he had no energy ... While Emma managed to rival TP against Exodus, Jean did not. The villains when they are presented are super strong.