Page 211 of 719 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311711 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    And I mean, I think that Jean choosing to leave the ruling council of Krakoa to form a superhero team is such an in-character thing to do. Jean is one of the most altruistic members of the X-Men and when it comes to heroic characters in the Marvel universe, Jean is one of the first characters that I think about. It's been a core part of her ideologies since the original team that she wants to make the world a better place. She couldn't do that just sitting on the Quiet Council and being outvoted on things, or being forced to do things that she would never ben comfortable with on X-Force. So this was her answer to that.
    Yeah but Cyclops was standing next to her so her in character movements are automatically invalidated

Quote Originally Posted by Dam View Post
    I also want to read more about this, her friendship with Lorna is supposed to be deep, come one, Jean was even going to be the maid of honor in her wedding with Alex.
    Jean has had few moments with Rogue but those have been quite good.
    The core to their relationship became about talking about Summers boys decades ago. It felt like they may have been moving towards modernizing their relationship under Morrison and Austen in the era you are talking about, but it didn't quite get there.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-17-2021 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I mean this is only book cyclops will be in, Jean will still show up in x-force.
    She isn't part of the x-force team anymore. If she show up on X-force will be cameos

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    So what ? It's not a Jean Grey solo book, it's a team book

As long as each member is important and both Jean and Scott are recognized as capable leaders, I don't see what the problem is
    I just expressing that I don't think Duggan cares for Jean and her personal journey. I mean no writers on x-men books cares for jean on that way
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-17-2021 at 10:48 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah but Cyclops was standing next to her so her in character movements are automatically invalidated
    Ah yes, I forgot that if someone is in a relationship then they lose all agency. Silly me.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The Red Dragon

His answer about Jean was the most boring one. There is 0 excitement there. At this point I just expect her to be there and be about as lame as she’s been under this current crop of writers.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    She left X-Force, so she only makes guest appearances sometimes. X-Men is her main book and the one in charge of her development.

I'll wait for it though. The question was also framed as in regards to her leaving the council and joining the X-Men so he focused on that, I guess.
    Not at all, someone even asked Percy on twitter and he said Jean still plays a role in x force in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Not at all, someone even asked Percy on twitter and he said Jean still plays a role in x force in the future.
    She's not on the team anymore, she's not a regular character. She appears when Percy thinks it makes sense for her to make an appearance, like with Logan or something like helping Quentin recently. Aka what I said about making guest appearances.

BANNED

I mean...it was always going to be unrealistic to expect a big Jean story.

Her role is what it is lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I mean...it was always going to be unrealistic to expect a big Jean story.

Her role is what it is lol.
    She’s one of the principals in the X franchise. She’s a star in the books. Her role is going to be in X-Men going forward and it always has been, really. I’d be surprised if she doesn’t keep popping up in X-Force sometimes, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    She’s one of the principals in the X franchise. She’s a star in the books. Her role is going to be in X-Men going forward and it always has been, really. I’d be surprised if she doesn’t keep popping up in X-Force sometimes, though.
    They mean to say "Blablabla she's the main character's love interest and a mom Hickman this nostalgia that" that they post every time on this thread.

They mean to say "Blablabla she's the main characters’ love interest and a mom Hickman this nostalgia that" that they post every time on this thread.
    Fixed that for you. :-) LoL! Don’t forget, she’s not just in this with only Scott anymore.

What I find a bit interesting about Jean this time around is they are using her like she’s totally an integrated character and personality at the moment. No Maddie, no Phoenix, just Jean. And even young Cable is calling her “mom.” I think if you’re a fan of Jean, then I don’t get why you wouldn’t be enjoying the current editorial teams’ portrayal of her. She’s de facto leader in every book she’s put in, she’s owning all her history and all its baggage (yes, Cable is part of that baggage), and the woman isn’t portrayed as one who’s going to be put in the girlfriend or mom role, let alone the damsel in distress role, and she sure won’t be slut shamed, either. This almost feels like the character we were starting to get way back from X-Men 101, before it took that turn down the Dark Phoenix path and kept going there, over and over and over.

Instead, it feels like Jean 2.0, kickin’ butt and takin’ names.

BTW, anyone else think that giant-robot thing in Giant-Sized looks like a Phalanx?

Fixed that for you. :-) LoL! Don’t forget, she’s not just in this with only Scott anymore.

What I find a bit interesting about Jean this time around is they are using her like she’s totally an integrated character and personality at the moment. No Maddie, no Phoenix, just Jean. And even young Cable is calling her “mom.” I think if you’re a fan of Jean, then I don’t get why you wouldn’t be enjoying the current editorial teams’ portrayal of her. She’s de facto leader in every book she’s put in, she’s owning all her history and all its baggage (yes, Cable is part of that baggage), and the woman isn’t portrayed as one who’s going to be put in the girlfriend or mom role, let alone the damsel in distress role, and she sure won’t be slut shamed, either. This almost feels like the character we were starting to get way back from X-Men 101, before it took that turn down the Dark Phoenix path and kept going there, over and over and over.

Instead, it feels like Jean 2.0, kickin’ butt and takin’ names.

BTW, anyone else think that giant-robot thing in Giant-Sized looks like a Phalanx?
    I'm kind of in the middle here.

I think Hickman's writing of her isn't very good, especially in HOX.

I don't like the damn costume though at this point I accepted it.

Considering she was dead for over a decade and only got 12 issues as a protagonist after her return, she deserved more time in the spotlight.

I wanted her to keep being a leader which she wasn't anymore.

At the same time though, I do like Jott/Logean/The throuple. I like that she gets to be a mother to teen Cable. I like the Summers living together as a family. I liked her in X-Force (mostly the Terra Verde arc) and X of Swords.

I understand people being wary of whoever is in charge of writing her next and her future in the franchise in general. It's just that the same couple of users making the same whiny and/or "sarcastic" comments that they've been making for years now over and over and over again is so annoying and unproductive.

...I wanted her to keep being a leader which she wasn't anymore....
    But, I think she IS leading. Like, every appearance she’s made in the HiXmen titles, whether she is “captain” or whatever or not, she’s leading.

Quit the Quiet Council, restart the X-Men she wants, and save the day from Apocalypse’s brood and Saturnyne — all in a day’s work for this Jean.

This Jean in the X titles is portrayed as such the boss, the matriarch of the X-Men. I don’t see how she stops leading at this point in the Krakoan story arc. This Jean is in charge.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

I don't worry about this book only, but the long-term perception of the character.

Just the other day I read someone saying that Jean was the worst host of the Phoenix. That all she did was changing clothes and becoming Dark Phoenix.

I know! How do you even argue with these people?

In the future, people will look at her current actions and say: "Joined the X-Force. Quit. Joined the Quiet Council. Quit. Joined the X-Men..."

You know what I mean?

I want this role of hers to be important. All right, she wanted to form this group of heroes, but what is her impact on the group? What is her unique contribution? For instance, will she use her diplomatic savoir-faire to protect the group from problems both within and outside Krakoa's politics? Will she influence the group to act in a way that is more than standard super-hero stuff? There is so much she could be offering to the group that the other team-mates cannot...

I don't need her to be the field leader or to outshine all the other characters. That's not it. I don't think being in a romantic relationship is impediment for her to be own character either.

But if her actual role in there is just to be the team's telepath, it will reinforce this perception that she's uninteresting. And that matters because future writers are reading these comics now.

Again: I know it's too early to judge. We have to actually read the books. But the seemingly lack of interest in saying (or hinting at) anything about the character that we don't already know in an interview about a future book...? It makes me worry that there's just nothing to tell, nothing to hype us about.

But, I think she IS leading. Like, every appearance she’s made in the HiXmen titles, whether she is “captain” or whatever or not, she’s leading.

Quit the Quiet Council, restart the X-Men she wants, and save the day from Apocalypse’s brood and Saturnyne — all in a day’s work for this Jean.

This Jean in the X titles is portrayed as such the boss, the matriarch of the X-Men. I don’t see how she stops leading at this point in the Krakoan story arc. This Jean is in charge.
    Jean barely did any leading. I think the best case was the last issue of X-force that she lead the team in the absence of the leaders.

Jean didn't quit the quiet council to stat the x-men, it was Scott initiative that she even said that she was waiting on him to do it. And she quit the council because Scott made a rule that people can't be on the council and on the x-men team