Page 468 of 719 FirstFirst ... 368418458464465466467468469470471472478518568 ... LastLast
Results 7,006 to 7,020 of 10783
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    If only….. work is booming and my time for the pursuit of such exotic leisures has been cut dramatically short.
    But it's a good thing, right?

Join Phoenixx9 and I for a toast, though. I have kirsch here - it's the only booze other than the Gin that was open. But I didn't want to finish the Gin without my partner. And ethanol is ethanol!

I have to log off now. He's the toast for whenever you guys can, whoever wants to join.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I have to log off now. He's the toast for whenever you guys can, whoever wants to join.

Cheers!
    Lol, yes, that is the size of my glass too.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I also love the “co-founder of the X-Men” bit.

BANNED

It’s amazing how this thread has become happy with Marvel’s acknowledgment of Jean as both powerful and important.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    It’s amazing how this thread has become happy with Marvel’s acknowledgment of Jean as both powerful and important.
    Dautermann is our drug of happiness in this age

The RD variant cover is great. I loved it when I saw it earlier on twitter. Jean looks great in that costume. It is definitely an upgrade.

I kind of feel like it is a missing beat in Jean's story not to acknowledge when Jean surpassed Xavier though I have some theories. I think certainly during the Morrison run she was stronger because he references that she's omega level. Quire is also referenced as such but Xavier is not.

Jean was expanding the limits of her powers during the Kelly/Seagle era and I think we may can infer that is where some power advancement took place. Jean was also a very powerful telepath during the Claremont era and the Eve of Destruction era before Morrison - so I'm just going to say it became official during the Morrison era but Jean was on the path to surpass Xavier during Kelly/Seagle.

Yes, Jean very much surpassed Xavier before her last death.

Now, even though X is more powerful than he was, Jean is still more powerful than him even more powerful than she was at that time.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    The RD variant cover is great. I loved it when I saw it earlier on twitter. Jean looks great in that costume. It is definitely an upgrade.

I kind of feel like it is a missing beat in Jean's story not to acknowledge when Jean surpassed Xavier though I have some theories. I think certainly during the Morrison run she was stronger because he references that she's omega level. Quire is also referenced as such but Xavier is not.

Jean was expanding the limits of her powers during the Kelly/Seagle era and I think we may can infer that is where some power advancement took place. Jean was also a very powerful telepath during the Claremont era and the Eve of Destruction era before Morrison - so I'm just going to say it became official during the Morrison era but Jean was on the path to surpass Xavier during Kelly/Seagle.
    I agree with you...started in the Kelly/Seagle era...continued in Revolution, despite losing her TK, but her telepathic power AND skills increased in this era...and was a firm shift in the Morrison era. Xavier and Beast directly reference her as an Omega Level mutant...and character dialogs,, thought bubbles, and narrations have largely done away with those "second only to Xavier" qualifiers during this time.

Some say Phoenix this and Phoenix that during that time, but it was a natural progression of Jean reaching higher power levels. That was the "problem" before her resurrection, that her higher power levels naturally attracted and invoked the Phoenix.

The fact that Jean is now at or past those levels means for me, her NXM era is grandfathered as feats she is solely capable of.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I agree with you...started in the Kelly/Seagle era...continued in Revolution, despite losing her TK, but her telepathic power AND skills increased in this era...and was a firm shift in the Morrison era. Xavier and Beast directly reference her as an Omega Level mutant...and character dialogs,, thought bubbles, and narrations have largely done away with those "second only to Xavier" qualifiers during this time.

Some say Phoenix this and Phoenix that during that time, but it was a natural progression of Jean reaching higher power levels. That was the "problem" before her resurrection, that her higher power levels naturally attracted and invoked the Phoenix.

The fact that Jean is now at or past those levels means for me, her NXM era is grandfathered as feats she is solely capable of.
    Plus we saw the power levels Jeen achieved in her own coming to the future, and all that is apart of Jean now.

I still wonder if that’s why they out her in the Marvel Girl dress. Is this to build up and have her become Phoenix after Marcel figure out how to trash Aaron’s garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post

that never really made sense to me. Claremont said that her TP increased bc Betsy's added to hers, but Jean wasnt written all that different in terms of her TP. I dont think there was anything done during Revolution that she wasnt capable of before

I posted this in the Omega Level thread but figured I would post it here, too. Jean and Storm's ability levels were literally the same in the original Jim Lee card set the Russell Dauterman variant covers are based on. So although I would have assumed Storm's energy project level to be high, it is at level 1, like Jean. Storm's mental powers were equal to Jean's back then, and I am sure since she's been finally classified as an Omega Level Mutant, they are equal now. I love them.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

I don’t think so personally. At least not at the beginning of Morrison’s run. Jean herself acknowledges Xavier as the most powerful mind on the planet around the time Cassandra Nova switched bodies with Charles.

I personally think she does upgrade to the most powerful around the end of Morrison’s run to Endsong or at exactly Phoenix Resurrection to X-Men: Red era. Scott’s statement in Uncanny X-Men is what supports the idea Jean became so powerful before her death, but the X-Men: Red Annual leads to the idea she finally stopped holding back.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that never really made sense to me. Claremont said that her TP increased bc Betsy's added to hers, but Jean wasnt written all that different in terms of her TP. I dont think there was anything done during Revolution that she wasnt capable of before
    The Phoenix raptor was a new ability Jean gained because it was a construct similar to Betsy’s psi-knife, where no shield could block her when she uses that attack. Jean has summoned the Phoenix raptor before, but never as a direct attack. It was usually more of an after-effect. The Revolution era was the first time they reference its claws/talons harming someone on the physical and mental level. It makes sense given that Storm describes it as the peak of Jean’s power and Betsy’s psi-knife is described as the totality of her psi-power generated into her weapon.

She also started manifesting the shadow astral form similar to when Betsy tapped into the Crimson Dawn.

So, based on the evidence presented, it is apparent Jean’s telepathy did change with the power switch when analyzing what Betsy is capable of and compare it to what Jean did during that era, plus remembering how Jean’s abilities used to look back then before that era.

The shadow form was purely aesthetic. I dont see what it actually did for her. With Betsy, it gave her a new teleporting power, but with Jean, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The shadow form was purely aesthetic. I dont see what it actually did for her. With Betsy, it gave her a new teleporting power, but with Jean, nothing
    Aesthetic or not, the similarity should not be ignored.