Page 492 of 719 FirstFirst ... 392442482488489490491492493494495496502542592 ... LastLast
Results 7,366 to 7,380 of 10783

I shared my thread on Jean's family with Duggan. Everybody light a candle and pray that he is inspired to bring them up in future issues!

Also, here are two pieces of art that gripped me today. (On a side note: The Dark Phoenix film is finally available [again?] on Disney Plus, so I'm trying to hurry up and finish some work so that I can snuggle up and watch it tonight. For some reason, considering that it veers so far away from the source material, I really enjoy this film.)

Artist Chris Jones' homage to X-Men: The Animated Series Jean Grey:

A poster for the film Dark Phoenix:

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I shared my thread on Jean's family with Duggan. Everybody light a candle and pray that he is inspired to bring them up in future issues!
    I’m renovating my old sacrificial altar as we speak
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I’m renovating my old sacrificial altar as we speak
    😂 I'm determined to coax and seduce that man into delving deep into Jean's mythos. He's actually responded to and liked, i.e., hearted, a few of my tweets, so I have cause for hope!

�� I'm determined to coax and seduce that man into delving deep into Jean's mythos. He's actually responded to and liked, i.e., hearted, a few of my tweets, so I have cause for hope!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

😂🤣😂🤣

Me to Gerry:

Watching this now… It’s aesthetically pleasing and the score is gorgeous. Sophie Turner is enigmatic and fascinating to watch. She’s quite wonderful. It may be an unpopular opinion, but I prefer Turner’s Jean to Janssen’s. The film manages to transcend the self-imposed limitations that stem from its extreme divergence from the source material.

A poster for the film Dark Phoenix:

Watching this now… It’s aesthetically pleasing and the score is gorgeous. Sophie Turner is enigmatic and fascinating to watch. She’s quite wonderful. It may be an unpopular opinion, but I prefer Turner’s Jean to Janssen’s. The film manages to transcend the self-imposed limitations that stem from its extreme divergence from the source material.
    I can’t even put to words how much I despise BOTH dark phoenix movies

I can’t even put to words how much I despise BOTH dark phoenix movies
    The Last Stand is just… ::shudder::

Dark Phoenix, however, works like an alternate timeline story; that’s how I view it, anyway. It helps that I actually buy Turner as Jean. I can’t say the same about Janssen. However, if I compare it to the actual Dark Phoenix Saga, which I try not to do, it is an abject failure. As a standalone story - a Twilight Zone X-Men story, if you will - it’s utterly fascinating. Gripping, even.
    Last edited by Mercury; 09-04-2021 at 01:22 AM.

Astonishing Member

No doubt Sophie was better than Famke for me(Janssen wasn't bad but she did not strike me as Jean). For me personally what was a bit rushed was the story.I would have preferred instead of aliens , they introduce Selene as the main villain ,that in primordial time wanted the phoenix force either for herself or saw a prophecy that the Phoenix would be the one entity to destroy her.So you have it revealed that she was pulling Hellfire club strings from the time of the first film.Shaw was just a pawn. You have her own Acolytes that has her either recruiting Magneto or if not have Magneto with his own brotherhood.As they try to get Jean on their side. I think the movie would have to be longer to introduce Selene better and flesh out the dynamic but I'd keep the death of Mystique. Anyway it was still for me better than Last Stand.

Adding all of psychic strength to this!

The Last Stand is just… ::shudder::

Dark Phoenix, however, works like an alternate timeline story; that’s how I view it, anyway. It helps that I actually buy Turner as Jean. I can’t say the same about Janssen. However, if I compare it to the actual Dark Phoenix Saga, which I try not to do, it is an abject failure. As a standalone story - a Twilight Zone X-Men story, if you will - it’s utterly fascinating. Gripping, even.
    We differ here because I prefer Famke to Sophie but I do like both actresses. I remember when Famke was first announced so I looked her up on the internet and I was stunned. I didn't think she was going to be a good fit. I found pics from her days on a Bond movie and I couldn't see her being Jean.

When X-men came out I was on a family vacation in Florida and I told my parents we had to find a movie theater to watch X-men. As soon as I heard her voice and saw her... she has been Jean Grey to me. I know she's older now and certainly she could no longer play Jean but when I think of Jean as a real life person I see Famke.

I loved X-men 2 but agree that Last Stand wasn't that great and neither was Dark Phoenix but even those movies I can find something to appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    No doubt Sophie was better than Famke for me(Janssen wasn't bad but she did not strike me as Jean). For me personally what was a bit rushed was the story.I would have preferred instead of aliens , they introduce Selene as the main villain ,that in primordial time wanted the phoenix force either for herself or saw a prophecy that the Phoenix would be the one entity to destroy her.So you have it revealed that she was pulling Hellfire club strings from the time of the first film.Shaw was just a pawn. You have her own Acolytes that has her either recruiting Magneto or if not have Magneto with his own brotherhood.As they try to get Jean on their side. I think the movie would have to be longer to introduce Selene better and flesh out the dynamic but I'd keep the death of Mystique. Anyway it was still for me better than Last Stand.
    I can't help but notice the WandaVision parallels with your idea, but still, it would have made for an interesting take. I do know the intent was two spread this story out over two films, but things changed after the merger. This video gives a fascinating and revealing breakdown of what was originally intended:

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Adding all of psychic strength to this!
    Yes! 😭🙏🏼😭🙏🏼😭🙏🏼

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    We differ here because I prefer Famke to Sophie but I do like both actresses. I remember when Famke was first announced so I looked her up on the internet and I was stunned. I didn't think she was going to be a good fit. I found pics from her days on a Bond movie and I couldn't see her being Jean.

When X-men came out I was on a family vacation in Florida and I told my parents we had to find a movie theater to watch X-men. As soon as I heard her voice and saw her... she has been Jean Grey to me. I know she's older now and certainly she could no longer play Jean but when I think of Jean as a real life person I see Famke.

I loved X-men 2 but agree that Last Stand wasn't that great and neither was Dark Phoenix but even those movies I can find something to appreciate.
    This almost hurts to read. Every time I see her as Jean, I am irked. Don't get me wrong, she has her moments here and there, but overall, it's a no for me.

BANNED

I want Marvel to cast a real redhead this time, if they are dumping Sophie.