Page 267 of 719 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277317367 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 10783
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    About the Gala:

It's okay, I guess. Some interesting elements in each issue, but not enough to justify a whole issue? Mmm... It's not really that. It's just a weird feeling I'm not really able to express yet.

It wish it had started with the Planet Size issue.
    Agreed if they had released Planet Size first we would have the main story and the other issues could give some clues about what happened behidn scenes but I guess they want to keep the suspense of what will happen that leaves many people surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I am enjoying it. It is not exactly what I thought it was going to be, but I find it to be fun.

I enjoyed X-men 21. I liked the telepathic election, the announcement of the new team, and of course seeing the omega mutants exit. I hope Planet Size X-men lives up to the hype. I can't wait to see how Storm and Jean contribute to whatever feats the omega mutants are going to pull off.

Even though it was minor moments I loved the parts from today's issue where Jean and Storm were interacting.
    Agreed wish they interacted more.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I don´t think they believe their culture is superior it´s just that most writers have focused on Krakoa but each team has gone to different places and I really don´t think all mutants would fit on Blob´s bar, morel like they like to go there after work.
    I hope you’re right. But I’m no so sure. The theme of being mutant and proud has been played a lot. And critical thinking hasn’t been exactly the forte of those mutants.

Serious question, in case I missed something: weren't Sophie and Esme brought back already through the resurrection protocols? Aren't they considered clones of Emma?

I understand that Madelyne is a weird case (and, personally, I don’t want her brought back), but they passed the decision to all clones, which is what is making poor Gaby afraid.

So… for the future, if any of the Cuckoos die, they’ll remain dead?

I don´t think Jean´s is exactly conflicted more like she wants to do her part in supporting Charles project like she always has done but is also interested in adding her own pov to it, hence the X-men group, the Kill no man law and even her participation on X-force.
    She actually told Scott in a X-Force issue that she was having trouble telling the difference between right and wrong. That’s what I meant.

This was more like a wish list from me, I have no idea where things are going but I am happy with the journey to get there and given some Genoshans are actually back it would be nice if at the end of this they have their home back.
    Anything but Krakoa. That island creeps me out.

Lol Yes I could see that but still I think Scott would be like, I will open the archive or every elegible mutant and play with different scenarios with them, Utopia teached him that he always must be ready no matter the team at hand XD.
    Nah… He pretty much picked the teams and the ones he didn’t pick, he coordinated with the team leaders the whole time. My boy is a control freak and I love him for that! :D

Well, he was… I don’t know what he is anymore.

I will share some when they make more.
    Let’s just steal some from Cyke. He’s drinking *all* the tea! :D

Onsalught is a pretty big threat by himself, enough for the need to involve all the island at some point for one arc and Kurt will ultimately build the values that will be able to help keep the island together so while I don´t expect epic fights from this title, this title will have a profound influence on this era going forward. Right now Krakoa is like a newborn baby and Kurt is trying to teach it how to walk without falling imo.
    It remains to be seen if it’s Onslaught at it’s full power, though…

How do you guys like the Gala so far?
    Lots of boring and very little Jean. Already lose any hope of her interacting with charactrs not named Scott

Serious question, in case I missed something: weren't Sophie and Esme brought back already through the resurrection protocols? Aren't they considered clones of Emma?
    No. They are Emmas daughter, but are a clone of each other
    Last edited by Rang10; 06-09-2021 at 03:00 PM.

I hope you’re right. But I’m no so sure. The theme of being mutant and proud has been played a lot. And critical thinking hasn’t been exactly the forte of those mutants.
    They are coming from a year in which most of their people were murdered with impunity so imo they are just enjoying the change of Krakoa and for some of them this involves a honeymoon phase, now I get the feeling we will get into the first internal crisis with Inferno.

I understand that Madelyne is a weird case (and, personally, I don’t want her brought back), but they passed the decision to all clones, which is what is making poor Gaby afraid.

So… for the future, if any of the Cuckoos die, they’ll remain dead?
    I believe they are genetically her daughters, while she was in a coma sublime took 1000 ovules from her, I don´t know who´s the "father" in this case because they were born in vitro and made daugters with them as a way to destroy mutants using them to form a telephathic hive mind, so they are bassically her daughters in the genetic sense but also emotional sense so they are not really clones in the way Maddie is Jean´s clone so in that case those rules dont affect them and the case is the same with Gabby and Laura, because Logan definitely recognizes them as his daughters, that´s why Havok is so offended by that rule because it really only affects Maddie in practice.

She actually told Scott in a X-Force issue that she was having trouble telling the difference between right and wrong. That’s what I meant.
    Oh yes I remember that, I wish she explained better that she was having second thoughts about Hank, it could have helped to take him out of X-force because at this point he´s just making everything worse.

Anything but Krakoa. That island creeps me out.
    Lol agreed but I get the sense the writers want us to feel that way.

Nah… He pretty much picked the teams and the ones he didn’t pick, he coordinated with the team leaders the whole time. My boy is a control freak and I love him for that!

Well, he was… I don’t know what he is anymore.
    Yes he totally is and imo he´s still a control freak just a little more relaxed than before, I loved that image of him just eating a sandwich with such a happy smile, you get the sense he has not been able to do that in years.

Let’s just steal some from Cyke. He’s drinking *all* the tea!
    Lest´s do that, I will also take some tea from Mags given Moira didn´t want it XD

It remains to be seen if it’s Onslaught at it’s full power, though…
    Right now, I don´t think so but he gets stronger everytime he´s in contact with mutants and he´s living on an island with near inmortal mutants so it´s just a matter of time before he grows big enough to become a menace, that´s if Kurt and Legion don´t try to talk him out of it and I would not put it past them XD.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    They're not clones. They're genetically engineered identical quintuplets.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Jean's mind touch is a hug that enfolds you in love and warmth from head to toe. Physical interaction and words cannot compare.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Science is not most comic book writers forte, so yeah… They shouldn’t be a clone of Emma unless they really made an effort to use her eggs to extract and re-order her genetic material. Who knows? Not impossible if you consider they were actually trying to replicate her powers and replicating her DNA would ensure that.

But even if they aren’t Emma's clones, the Cuckoos are clones of each other. So if one of them dies from now on, it’s game over for her?

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Twins, triplets and so on are natural occurring clones… So, technically, they are clones, no?

They are coming from a year in which most of their people were murdered with impunity so imo they are just enjoying the change of Krakoa and for some of them this involves a honeymoon phase, now I get the feeling we will get into the first internal crisis with Inferno.
    The question is: once the crisis is over, will they go back to the honeymoon phase as if nothing had happened? That’d be interesting to see.

I believe they are genetically her daughters, while she was in a coma sublime took 1000 ovules from her, I don´t know who´s the "father" in this case because they were born in vitro and made daugters with them as a way to destroy mutants using them to form a telephathic hive mind, so they are bassically her daughters in the genetic sense but also emotional sense so they are not really clones in the way Maddie is Jean´s clone so in that case those rules dont affect them
    It should, because they’re still clones of each other…

and the case is the same with Gabby and Laura, because Logan definitely recognizes them as his daughters, that´s why Havok is so offended by that rule because it really only affects Maddie in practice.
    He’s offended, but if he had any critical thinking left he should be bringing up the Cuckoos. And that was my point.

Laura has DNA that isn’t just Logan’s, so she’s not an actual clone of his. But Gaby is a clone of hers.

And Gaby is actually afraid of dying, which also doesn’t make that much sense because that was her reality before Krakoa anyway. But yeah… it’s an actual issue for her (as seen in New Mutants).

Oh yes I remember that, I wish she explained better that she was having second thoughts about Hank, it could have helped to take him out of X-force because at this point he´s just making everything worse.
    Their whole “conversation” was pretty much that line. *sigh*

Lol agreed but I get the sense the writers want us to feel that way.
    In my case, it’s a mission very well accomplished. I want my darlings away from that place! :D

Yes he totally is and imo he´s still a control freak just a little more relaxed than before, I loved that image of him just eating a sandwich with such a happy smile, you get the sense he has not been able to do that in years.
    A *little* more relaxed? :D

Eating a sandwich and not picking his team are not equivalent. But yeah, sure, let him eat his sandwich and select the least efficient way to to explore an island (while having a deadline) and do all those other weird stuff…

I’ll keep pretending it’s all normal and there’s nothing to see here, if you do too. :D

Lest´s do that, I will also take some tea from Mags given Moira didn´t want it XD
    Wait… you think Mags is on the same tea as Scott? :D

Right now, I don´t think so but he gets stronger everytime he´s in contact with mutants and he´s living on an island with near inmortal mutants so it´s just a matter of time before he grows big enough to become a menace, that´s if Kurt and Legion don´t try to talk him out of it and I would not put it past them XD.
    Or if they somehow defeat him before that point. I mean, David absorbs minds from time to time. He could eat Onslaught's.

Probably not a good idea, but it’s just one of the ways this could end (for now).

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Jean's mind touch is a hug that enfolds you in love and warmth from head to toe. Physical interaction and words cannot compare.
    Oh, that's beautiful, my friend. :)

But I still want to see more hugs! I'm hopeless! :D

Science is not most comic book writers forte, so yeah… They shouldn’t be a clone of Emma unless they really made an effort to use her eggs to extract and re-order her genetic material. Who knows? Not impossible if you consider they were actually trying to replicate her powers and replicating her DNA would ensure that.

But even if they aren’t Emma's clones, the Cuckoos are clones of each other. So if one of them dies from now on, it’s game over for her?

Twins, triplets and so on are natural occurring clones… So, technically, they are clones, no?

No, Cuckoos gonna be ressurrected, they already were. Emma would put them on ressurrection

The question is: once the crisis is over, will they go back to the honeymoon phase as if nothing had happened? That’d be interesting to see.
    No, knowing Hickman everything will explode or they will enter a different stage. It depends on where each character ends after the crisis.

It should, because they’re still clones of each other…
    I think they are sisters, like if your mom had a hundred babies, who were genetically engineered to look the same as your mom.

He’s offended, but if he had any critical thinking left he should be bringing up the Cuckoos. And that was my point.
    He could but his argument would not pass imo, the clones are not the problem, even Joseph, Magneto´s clone, could be brought back without much trouble because they are different people but Maddie I guess gets a different treatment because of her story, her sharing a soul with Jean, not sure how that works yet but JDW talked about it and her intention to bring down Krakoa. It seemed very much implied on that issue of Hellions.

Laura has DNA that isn’t just Logan’s, so she’s not an actual clone of his. But Gaby is a clone of hers.

And Gaby is actually afraid of dying, which also doesn’t make that much sense because that was her reality before Krakoa anyway. But yeah… it’s an actual issue for her (as seen in New Mutants)
    I think Gaby should talk with Logan and Jean to explain this because I very much doubt she doesn´t have a body ready if she´s ever hurt, Logan would not accept anything less for her.

Their whole “conversation” was pretty much that line. *sigh*
    We really need more scenes of X-men in our X-men comics XD

In my case, it’s a mission very well accomplished. I want my darlings away from that place!
    I believe you will get your wish XD

A *little* more relaxed?

Eating a sandwich and not picking his team are not equivalent. But yeah, sure, let him eat his sandwich and select the least efficient way to to explore an island (while having a deadline) and do all those other weird stuff
    Let the man get sloppy, this may be his first vacation in years but now that you mention it this would explain why Krakoa has had so many attacks in a short time.

I’ll keep pretending it’s all normal and there’s nothing to see here, if you do too.
    Nah, not neccesary, it´s interesting to have different povs, I have been having bad feelings from some of this stories myself and I like the fact they will lead to the natural conclusion of developing a crisis on the island.

Wait… you think Mags is on the same tea as Scott?
    I don´t want to accuse anyone but I saw him sharing tea with Charles and Moira so this may be the same Scott´s is drinking XD Don´t be mean Moira, he doesn´t make tea for everybody.

Or if they somehow defeat him before that point. I mean, David absorbs minds from time to time. He could eat Onslaught's.

Probably not a good idea, but it’s just one of the ways this could end (for now).
    I think Onslaught´s is like one of this adversaries that just keep getting back after a while and it would just make it worse for David, he has enough with his own personalities to try to keep Onslaught in check still I could see him try this but it would only come back to bit them later.

No and we already know thats not true bc 2 of them have already been resurrected. Part of the Cuckoos mutation is their hive mind and they are stronger as a unit. They are crippled just as a person is when they lose a limb. They operate best as the Five in One

In the sense that they're genetic duplicates sure, but not in the sense of them being literal copies of one another.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    There were more cuckoos, like 1 thousand. It is cloning

There were more cuckoos, like 1 thousand. It is cloning
    No, because they were all created from Emma's eggs. Of which there were at least a thousand, possibly more. They used someone's sperm and impregnated the ovum. They also used science to make sure that each Cuckoo looked exactly the same and had the same power; that's why it's genetic engineering.