Page 283 of 719 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333383 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 10783
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    The giant size issue was basically a remake from one of Morrison's issues aside from that I can't think of anything
    Ah. I totally stand corrected then. Why would they copy an issue like that if there wasn't more than very, very very, very surface-level interest in the character? It's like Hickman is the biggest Jean fan now that I remember that issue happened.

So glad Russell Dauterman asked to do a Jean and Storm story!
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 06-14-2021 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Lovely!

God, White and company are such haters. Just do not give two wits about the character. They should just stop mentioning her in interviews altogether. Any thought they publicize about her is either Cyclops-centered or pretty much just "eh, we didn't feel like giving her much thought."

At least the goofy "they have a story reason for the dress" defence forcing for Marvel can stop lol
    They just choose a story and chracterization for Scott and then went for it with Jean because she has to follow what they want to him. This kills two rabbits with one stone, they don't need to think on a story for Jean

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    It's one of the ugliest costumes she's ever worn, it's a bulky Optimus Prime looking mess and was torn apart by fans when it was first revealed. Blue/Bendis are child costumes, Morrison's is very much a place in time. Her miniskirt look is iconic, fact.

It makes perfect sense. You just refuse to listen and approach it from a place of extreme fanboyism rather than a logical unbiased perspective. A perspective that is hard to value when you only care about one character and you want us to go back to a mediocre forgettable era like Red/Blue/Gold just because Jean was the lead character in a barely average book (**** the franchise as a whole I guess?) and your obsession with Emma/the fact that most creators like her more than Jean.
    It doesn't make any sense. I'm not refusing to listen, it is you that is refusing.

You know that she has better costumes than Red. Also red wins by being practical.

These are a lot superior, both designed by great pencillers.

These aren't kid costumes, she wore them as teenager just like the green dress
    Last edited by Rang10; 06-14-2021 at 07:21 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Her miniskirt look is iconic, fact.
    lmao iconic to who? People have certainly heard of it, if they kinda sorta know a little bit about the comics. It's not famous outside the comics, if that's what you mean. That's like saying the Revolution costume is iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    They just choose a story and chracterization for Scott and then went for it with Jean because she has to follow what they want to him. This kills two rabbits with one stone, they don't need to think on a story for Jean
    Exactly. Pretty much what was said in the X-Men Monday interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The gala one was mediocre. I'm not a fan of the ballet slippers. Her green dress is iconic. Having the Phoenix wear pants was interesting because they wanted to say that people with real power don't wear skirts. Wearing a skirt and being powerful negates the stereotype of dresses being something weak.
    Green dress isn't iconic. it is old but it isn't iconic. Iconic means everyone know tht it is a Jean costume. Lee made into a movie, not the green dress.

The gala just need some modifications, but it is 90% read to be superhero costume

I always considered the 90s costume to be her second most iconic look. If she wasn't wearing the phoenix costume she would wear the 90s one or something that looks vaguely like it. even the disney+ Jean wears a modernized version of it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Green dress isn't iconic. it is old but it isn't iconic. Iconic means everyone know tht it is a Jean costume. Lee made into a movie, not the green dress.

The gala just need some modifications, but it is 90% read to be superhero costume
    She just needs to drop the cape from it. And maybe not carry around the gold thingies lol

I always considered the 90s costume to be her second most iconic look. If she wasn't wearing the phoenix costume she would wear the 90s one or something that looks vaguely like it. even the disney+ Jean wears a modernized version of it

I've seen this image around. I hope it means it means Overlord Feige is pro-Phoenix. He can save her by letting her be a badass in his movies. Then the other mediums will follow suit.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 06-14-2021 at 07:21 PM.

BANNED

edit: ugh double post, sorry

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    That is the whole problem. If she really thinks that, her mental health is really at a worse place than I imagined.

Because she has grown so much since the time when she wore that dress. Her life became so much richer... Indeed, she went from a "girl" to a "woman".
    LOL. Nothing is wrong with her mentally, emotionally, physically...for all intents and purposes she's happy and living her best life.
    So...Yes..."imagined" is the operative word.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL. Nothing is wrong with her mentally, emotionally, physically...for all intents and purposes she's happy and living her best life.
    i'm not sure about that

Nostalgia pretty much means tht she isn't happy
    Last edited by Rang10; 06-14-2021 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    She just needs to drop the cape from it. And maybe not carry around the gold thingies lol

I've seen this image around. I hope it means it means Overlord Feige is pro-Phoenix. He can save her by letting her be a badass in his movies. Then the other mediums will follow suit.
    Probably, female heroes get treated better in the MCU. though I don't know if it will change comic Jean's situation because they don't do that much synergy anymore

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Going by today's interview and JDW's response on Scott and Jean...the poly-thing might be on the back-burner for the foreseeable future.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Probably, female heroes get treated better in the MCU. though I don't know if it will change comic Jean's situation because they don't do that much synergy anymore
    Well, while I care about comics more than movies, a badass Jean in the movies would be better than having nothing. Save us, Mr. Feige! Lmao

Super old sketch of Jean in a lightly modified version of her Red costume. I've been going through old sketchbooks and finding unfinished stuff like this.

Jean Grey.jpg

Sorry for the sideways, I'm no computer genius and don't know why it's doing that.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Nothing wrong with thinking that a teenager version of yourself is your "purest" self? Something that represents better who you are than all the experiences you lived after?

Let's see (from the top of my head): together with Warren, Jean created X-Factor, learnt from it, made it work. She rescued mutants, taught and cared for them. She adopted a baby and raised it for a while. She got married, She went to the future and raised that baby until the boy was 12 years old. She started talking to politicians/giving interviews and representing mutant interests. She acted as the headmaster of the school. She led teams. She went to UN and propose something radically differently to change the world.

But, yes, being a teenage member of the original team is her true self. She truly feels this way and her mental health is doing great.

How is that for my "imagining"?

Now, are you going to reply with some actual arguments to support your opinion or are you going to pick of a word I used and take a jab at it?
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-14-2021 at 10:47 PM.