Page 416 of 719 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466516 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,240 of 10783
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    After complimenting him on his wonderful work on the costume redesigns for the X-Men and requesting that he send me a clearer sketch of Jean's costume, artist John McGuinness was nice enough to oblige. I love it.

That’s a wonderful costume for her. Ah evolution of her non Phoenix designs. Really, she’s got a geometric shape where the Phoenix symbol would be so it’s a hint if Phoenix too.

I think it needs a touch of yellow/gold. But I really like the forehead thingy, I really feel like that should become Jean's "thing" like Wanda and Lorna's headpieces. The mask is only in one costume and doesn't match any other modern designs or adaptations.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    This is a great find, Mercury! This shows us ALL, that Jeans's TK as well as all of her powers, have made a quantum leap from years ago, where Jean required the PF to do certain things that she can now do all by herself and without strain!
    Agreed. We need to keep promoting these moments. Even I, as a self-proclaimed “Jean Grey Scholar,” wasn’t aware of some of these feats. I am doing my best to spread the facts and love on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Duggan writes one heck of a Jean. My fave moment was a subtle one. While using her tk to fight she in what had to be a second showed Laura a 2 hour movie. Lol
    I am increasingly loving how Duggan is handling her. As I tweeted not long ago, so far, he has imbued Jean with an ease, grace, and sage wisdom that I find pleasing. He has also written her as a confident yet understated expert leader and field operator with glimmers of wit and mischievousness. Under his pen, sheÂ’s tough, assured, assertive, yet empathic, measured, and mature.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Jean was really fantastic in today's issue. Contrary to how some have felt, Jean has still been able to demonstrate her TK and utilize her telepathy in impressive ways. Kudos to Duggan for some creative displays of Jean's telepathy. Love her mentorship with Ev! <3
    I'm at that point where I'm savoring what I read today and have purposefully stopped myself from rereading X-Men #2 again. I love it that much. The beautiful ways in which Larraz rendered Jean coupled with Duggan's writing of her have me over the moon. I can't praise enough how much Duggan made her shine this issue, between allowing her to show off her telepathic and telekinetic prowess and putting her in one-on-one situations with others, like Synch, Polaris, and Sunfire, that really spotlighted the best aspect of her character. Let me shut up now before I veer into gushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    That was an emotional panel. But don't forget this wasn't the first time Jean held back Scott's optic blasts. Back during X-Cutioner's Song Scott played dead with his visor off while Jean held them back to fool the Dark Riders while trying to escape on the moon. So it's just showing the depth of their connection and the finesse of Jean's control.
    Thank you for so presenting us with such delicious receipts.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    ...The limitations that are thrust upon female characters especially "kind" character has always been so demeaning to me. Especially with Jean's experiences, she should be a more firmly grounded individual...
    This is one of the aspects I loved most about Grant Morrison's depiction of her. He wrote her in a way that made the reader feel that she had seen, experienced, and survived a lot. She wasn't weary per se, but she did display a weariness that was both revealing and understandable, considering her long, varied, and, at times, volatile history.

That being said, while I have critiques, mostly minor, especially considering the grand scheme of things, regarding how she's been written in the last two years, I can say that overall her best moments this, under Hickman, Duggan, and Percy, far outweigh and overshadow her lesser moments. As Duggan gets more comfortable with her, I really do believe he might end up writing some of our favorite moments of hers this era.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I was gonna post these soon but since you started...Jean has also done so at least 2 other times, sans Phoenix Force

I love all of this! Thank you so much for sharing these with us.

And yes today's X-Men #2 was very cool! Love Jean training/bonding with Synch...love Jean+Polaris, and all of the team dynamics. And I was surprised Emma vouched for Jean's training acumen to Synch.
    All of this absolutely thrilled me. Duggan cleverly underscored that she has no telepathic peer. Also, what he is doing with her and Lorna has me living. I can see them turning out to be best friends throughout this series.

One thing though...Duggan had Jean say she's never been able to read a dead mind before...but I thought she read a freshly dead Maddrox dupe's mind in early X-Force to get some memory fragments? And going back further, she even read a dead dog's memory's in a Chuck Austin era issue (with Juggernaut, Squid Boy, etc)
    Thank you for sharing this. Do happen to know what issues these moments occurred. Oversights like these irk me, but I can forgive them, especially when the writing is mostly on point, as Duggan's is. Still, I don't think I would hesitate to respectfully share these moments with him in the event he doesn't know about them and would course-correct and modifies what he writes for her in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Still sheÂ’s in a good place in X-Men 2 and thankfully most of the people she is normally associated with like Wolverine, Iceman, or Storm arenÂ’t on the team. We finally see her work with Polaris and Eigue, and this is the first time she has worked with Sunfire and Synch. Glad she is working with Laura again.
    So true; I couldn't agree more.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Few X-Men these days maintain any times with non mutants. Magik maintain her relationship with her mentor Dr. Strange. Captain Britain has her Otherworld duties. Beyond that there isn’t much so of course they are not going to pay attention to a Jean’s flashbacks in Alias. Jean being kept dead for so long didn’t help, either.

Still she’s in a good place in X-Men 2 and thankfully most of the people she is normally associated with like Wolverine, Iceman, or Storm aren’t on the team. We finally see her work with Polaris and Rogue, and this is the first time she has worked with Sunfire and Synch. Glad she is working with Laura again.
    I think as an A-lister she is greatly underrepresented when it comes to follow up by multiple other writers. You name any other X-man at the level of Jean and their stories are consistently referenced or called back. For example, the recent Marauders issues was about a character who appeared in one issue decades ago, yet the story was used to further Emma's overall narrative. If they can do this for Lourdes Chantel, they can definitely remember Jean helped counsel, Jessica Jones through an incredibly traumatic, dark period of time where she was a victim of multiple forms of abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

Thank you for sharing this. Do happen to know what issues these moments occurred. Oversights like these irk me, but I can forgive them, especially when the writing is mostly on point, as Duggan's is. Still, I don't think I would hesitate to respectfully share these moments with him in the event he doesn't know about them and would course-correct and modifies what he writes for her in the future.

Yeah, X-Force #4 and X-Men Unlimited #44...I will post the relevant pics soon when I get a free moment

And she imparts some empathy directly into Juggernaut's brain, through his puny helmet, for good measure

And she imparts some empathy directly into Juggernaut's brain, through his puny helmet, for good measure
    LOVE it!

Puny little helmet won't help against Jean!

Someone was arguing with me last week on another thread on here that there are different strength Juggernauts and the one Jean got through in the 1960's was not a powerful one like today. That was a powerful Juggs back then and well, this one here was powerful too. Jean got through both times with contemptuous ease! Love it!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

LOVE it!

Puny little helmet won't help against Jean!

Someone was arguing with me last week on another thread on here that there are different strength Juggernauts and the one Jean got through in the 1960's was not a powerful one like today. That was a powerful Juggs back then and well, this one here was powerful too. Jean got through both times with contemptuous ease! Love it!
    Heh, which thread was that? I love how whoever it was that said that ignores the fact that even of that was the case, Jean HERSELF has gotten much much stronger since then...even in the 90s she said that to Cain at the beginning of Onslaught.

Heh, which thread was that? I love how whoever it was that said that ignores the fact that even of that was the case, Jean HERSELF has gotten much much stronger since then...even in the 90s she said that to Cain at the beginning of Onslaught.
    I believe it was the Rogue thread of all places with a rogue fan.

EDIT: Yes, Page 89 Rogue thread. They also only Betsy got through his helmet and said that Jean could not defeat Juggs since she has not fought him recently and I told them that they cannot say that Jean cannot, only that they had not met recently.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 08-04-2021 at 11:01 AM.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

I believe it was the Rogue thread of all places with a rogue fan.

EDIT: Yes, Page 89 Rogue thread. They also only Betsy got through his helmet and said that Jean could not defeat Juggs since she has not fought him recently and I told them that they cannot say that Jean cannot, only that they had not met recently.
    Ugh, just read it...oh well, let them wallow in their ignorance

Ugh, just read it...oh well, let them wallow in their ignorance
    I agree, that is what I say too! Some folks ya just can't educate, lol!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think it needs a touch of yellow/gold. But I really like the forehead thingy, I really feel like that should become Jean's "thing" like Wanda and Lorna's headpieces. The mask is only in one costume and doesn't match any other modern designs or adaptations.
    Yupp.

Gold centre detail on the head band.
    Green gloves to match her boots but with gold detailing and "ribbing" on both.
    Gold chest "diamond" detail.
    Gold X
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I think as an A-lister she is greatly underrepresented when it comes to follow up by multiple other writers. You name any other X-man at the level of Jean and their stories are consistently referenced or called back. For example, the recent Marauders issues was about a character who appeared in one issue decades ago, yet the story was used to further Emma's overall narrative. If they can do this for Lourdes Chantel, they can definitely remember Jean helped counsel, Jessica Jones through an incredibly traumatic, dark period of time where she was a victim of multiple forms of abuse.
    Jessica is not an X-Men character. I mean she did a good thing, but her counseling Jessica is not core to Jean or the X-Men’s issues.

Lourdes Chantel is a mutant and her death or faked death lead to mutants taking over the inner circle.