Page 516 of 719 FirstFirst ... 16416466506512513514515516517518519520526566616 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,740 of 10783
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    One of the many great Jean moments during that run.

I know I'm in the minority but I hope Jean gets the Phoenix back either next year or sometime soon. Or heck just the fire imagery/power signature back. I like the pink Power signature as that being Jean's default power expression but I feel like the fire imagery should be used when Jean decides to "let loose". It can be used as a classic "oh shi-" moment.
    Echo has not taken off as Phoenix, Aaron is writing the Avengers down to the ground, and Hickman is gone. In other words, there is hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Just get rid of the gloves and give her pants. Or bring back the X-Men Red outfit including the shoulder pads that carry the weight of the world.
    The one good thing about Jean having worn this costume for over two years now is that anticipation for her to don a new one has risen greatly. She's in a perfect place - i.e., she's in a new book and new team, of which she's both founder and co-leader - to get a new design. I've posted it before in this thread, but I found Duggan's response some weeks ago to a fan requesting a costume change for her to be promisingly telling. He replied:

"I can't favorite this, but I see you. 🥃"
    https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...14481304399872

This, to me, reads like he's saying, "I'm on it already." I think she's not going only going to get a new costume but also more focus sooner than most people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    The one good thing about Jean having worn this costume for over two years now is that anticipation for her to don a new one has risen greatly. She's in a perfect place - i.e., she's in a new book and new team, of which she's both founder and co-leader - to get a new design. I've posted it before in this thread, but I found Duggan's response some weeks ago to a fan requesting a costume change for her to be promisingly telling. He replied:

This, to me, reads like he's saying, "I'm on it already." I think she's not going only going to get a new costume but also more focus sooner than most people think.
    Well she had plenty of focus on the first couple issues, it's just that it has been a long wait between #2 and #3...

When it comes to the dress, now that Hickman is out there's a bigger chance for it to be gone... But Duggan also defended it a couple times so idk.

BANNED

Marvel has announced 4 untitled MCU movies announced for Phase 5, and probably one of them is the mutants/X-Men movie Feige has talked about. So I’m thinking they want to step up their game in the comics division which now reports to Feige. We will see good things for Jean in the next few years.

We know Wanda has an epic battle with an X-Man in Dr. Strange 2. It would be amazing g if it’s Jean and if is, it will gave her an amazing boost next year.

Which might be why she’s finally back in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well she had plenty of focus on the first couple issues, it's just that it has been a long wait between #2 and #3...
    I agree, and this is why I think that trend is going to continue. I love how she's been handled in the new book.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    When it comes to the dress, now that Hickman is out there's a bigger chance for it to be gone... But Duggan also defended it a couple times so idk.
    To be fair, he was defending Hickman and himself just as much as, if not more so than, the dress. He was being bombarded with personal attacks and fielding insults to Hickman, who had left Twitter by that point. However, while he most certainly respects the symbolism of the dress, I also think he knows she's due for a new costume.

Even Dauterman chose not to draw her in it for his variant cover inspired by the Jim Lee trading cards, and Werneck doesn't seem like he'll be drawing her in the mask much for ToM, so it's not just common fans who dislike the costume.

I expect a costume change for her within the next 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Marvel has announced 4 untitled MCU movies announced for Phase 5, and probably one of them is the mutants/X-Men movie Feige has talked about. So I’m thinking they want to step up their game in the comics division which now reports to Feige. We will see good things for Jean in the next few years.

We know Wanda has an epic battle with an X-Man in Dr. Strange 2. It would be amazing g if it’s Jean and if is, it will gave her an amazing boost next year.

Which might be why she’s finally back in action.
    Like you, I've entertained the idea that they rebooted the flagship X-Men book with the intent of laying the groundwork for the upcoming MCU X-Men film(s). I've also considered that they may introduce Jean in the upcoming Echo spinoff series, if, in fact, they've decided to introduce Phoenix through her. Considering how much both casual and hardcore fans associate Jean with Phoenix, I can see them wanting to clarify the new status quo. What better way than to introduce Jean as a mentor to Echo in her series? Then again, they may decide to give the Phoenix Force back to Jean.

One thing I find interesting and that a few people pointed out on Twitter is the fact that Sophie Turner dyed her hair red and was spotted in close proximity to filming locations for D2: MoM while they were still shooting. I can picture them introducing her as an alternate universe, Phoenix-bonded Jean for this film, especially if Wanda goes rogue and they need someone to stop her. It would certainly get people talking. To be clear, though, Turner would probably only play an au version, i.e., they would hire another actress to play Jean for the X-Men films.

In either case, I think Jean fans have a lot to look forward to in the coming months/year.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Like you, I've entertained the idea that they rebooted the flagship X-Men book with the intent of laying the groundwork for the upcoming MCU X-Men film(s). I've also considered that they may introduce Jean in the upcoming Echo spinoff series, if, in fact, they've decided to introduce Phoenix through her. Considering how much both casual and hardcore fans associate Jean with Phoenix, I can see them wanting to clarify the new status quo. What better way than to introduce Jean as a mentor to Echo in her series? Then again, they may decide to give the Phoenix Force back to Jean.
    Based off the brief image we've seen in the Hawkeye trailer, I don't think Marvel has any plans to introduce Echo as a Phoenix host in the MCU. They would be eaten alive by fans if she was shown as the host before Jean even made it into the MCU. They have been very smart how they have handled things and to use a poorly received concept from a current comic arc in an upcoming series is not smart. Everyone knows that the Phoenix is synonymous with Jean Grey. Unless you read comics would you know that Echo a) exists; or b) is the current host for the flaming chicken. Our girl Jean is going to crack that Phoenix Egg open first in the MCU, because they know how awful it will be received otherwise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Based off the brief image we've seen in the Hawkeye trailer, I don't think Marvel has any plans to introduce Echo as a Phoenix host in the MCU. They would be eaten alive by fans if she was shown as the host before Jean even made it into the MCU. They have been very smart how they have handled things and to use a poorly received concept from a current comic arc in an upcoming series is not smart. Everyone knows that the Phoenix is synonymous with Jean Grey. Unless you read comics would you know that Echo a) exists; or b) is the current host for the flaming chicken. Our girl Jean is going to crack that Phoenix Egg open first in the MCU, because they know how awful it will be received otherwise.
    Vídeo games, cartoons, toys, the terrible Fox movies, and of course the comics which started it all have already established Jean as Phoenix.

Echo is over, that storyline was poorly received.

Aaron just writes horrible fan fiction. Not a good writer.

I'm not very well versed in the MCU, but if the Phoenix concept is introduced there through someone who is not Jean Grey, I'M GONNA BE PISSED

I also hope they don't use aaronesque ideas for the next Thor movie please lmao

They have been very smart how they have handled things and to use a poorly received concept from a current comic arc in an upcoming series is not smart. Everyone knows that the Phoenix is synonymous with Jean Grey. Unless you read comics would you know that Echo a) exists; or b) is the current host for the flaming chicken.
    Good points.

Our girl Jean is going to crack that Phoenix Egg open first in the MCU, because they know how awful it will be received otherwise.
    😂 True.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Vídeo games, cartoons, toys, the terrible Fox movies, and of course the comics which started it all have already established Jean as Phoenix.

Echo is over, that storyline was poorly received.

Aaron just writes horrible fan fiction. Not a good writer.
    Has that Phoenix Song series really been badly received? I haven’t bothered to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    I'm not very well versed in the MCU, but if the Phoenix concept is introduced there through someone who is not Jean Grey, I'M GONNA BE PISSED

I hope they completely ignore Aaron’s regurgitations.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post

Jane Foster as Thor was one of Gus few good ideas and that is making the next Thor movie.

Guess who’s back in the December’s final issue of Hellions #18

D57BDA73-4379-453F-9A20-270172B52F13.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post

I was hoping they wouldn't bring her back as a villain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post

I’d love to see Jean’s reaction to her return. Along with other signs this makes me hopeful to see Jean as the Phoenix in the future. Good better things to bailen we just needed Hickman to leave!

I think Hickman smdid a great job during the first half of the Krakoa era, but all of the development was on Xavier, Magneto, and Apocalypse. That dynamic didn’t really change till Ten of Swords, which finally brought younger characters and female characters more into the mix.

BANNED

Since Sunfire has a yellow orange aura, I would like to see Jean make pink Phoenix raptors.