Page 87 of 719 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187587 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by otipep_90 View Post
    Classic X-Men #6 Backup Story ‘A Love Story’ this is the night before Jean becomes Phoenix as she gets ready for her date with Scott. A mostly Silent Issue that that doesn’t get referenced much. The subtext is there, these are the memories Jean had before piloting that shuttle and merging with a cosmic force of life, the ‘Phoenix Force’.

It’s almost like a young Bruce Wayne going to see Zorro with his parents before tragedy sets course to make him Batman.

I always wondered what the intent of the panel of Jean removing her family photo from her bedside table and putting it in the drawer was supposed to signify. Not sure what Claremont/Bolton were going for there.
    Felt like it was suggesting that Jean was about to have significant "adult" time in that room with Scott or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I always wondered what the intent of the panel of Jean removing her family photo from her bedside table and putting it in the drawer was supposed to signify. Not sure what Claremont/Bolton were going for there.
    Felt like it was suggesting that Jean was about to have significant "adult" time in that room with Scott or something...
    I can see that, but most likely would have been at the tail end of their date night, and we all know how that ended. I see it as symbolic of her becoming an adult. She would now longer be ‘Marvel Girl’ after that night and would become Phoenix. The name Professor X picked for her is linked to her adolescence, as represented by the photo of her as a young girl with her parents.
    Last edited by otipep_90; 03-07-2021 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    to think that It could have been the Carpet and now Thor would be the son of Odin and a carpet
    LOL 😂

10 characters

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    now that wandavision is so popular, i have good expectations for the new live action jean grey, since she is similar to wanda, hoping they will do justice for jean
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    The Hex/WestView almost seemed inspired by Phoenix Resurrection. Maybe that’s why there was a Phoenix Easter-egg in the Circus scene.

BANNED

I hope Jean is the viewpoint character for whatever film stuff is coming for the X-Men. As much as I love the character, as much as comics and movies have featured her, I still feel like we don't really get inside her head. She has so much potential left.

But there is also the possibility that the movie creatives may feel the existing movies went to her well a couple times too many to give her much focus in the new flicks.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 03-07-2021 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I hope Jean is the viewpoint character for whatever film stuff is coming for the X-Men. As much as I love the character, as much as comics and movies have featured her, I still feel like we don't really get inside her head. She has so much potential left.

But there is also the possibility that the movie creatives may feel the existing movies went to her well a couple times too many to give her much focus in the new flicks.
    Even as a fan, I have to confess that I wouldn't mind if Jean will be more of a supporting character in the MCU going forward. I feel like Wolverine, Magneto, Xavier, Mystique, and Jean are the characters done really well in the FOX universe. Yes, the Dark Phoenix Saga should have been something else and the two movies have been mediocre (Dark Phoenix)—and bad (X3)— but I think they've at least captured Jean's personal emotional struggle really well. X3 was super well acted by Famke Jannsen and some of Jean's scene have been some of the best superhero action scenes in the last 25 years (in particular Jean losing it in her childhood home and killing Prof. X in X3 is a bloody gorgeous scene in a less than gorgeous movie!!).

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

Yeah I would love that. The first ever X-Mn issue starts with her joining the school! She was just kind of robbed of the logical POV character role.

With Dark Phoenix being the last Fox X-Men movie though, yeah... I hope Feige and co don't really take that into consideration.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I'm fairly sure Jean (and, Rachel) was a full TP/TK/Host decades before Morrison and Quitely dreamed Quentin Quire up and had him mirror Jean's (formerly) unique abilities...
    You must be mistaking Morrison for Jason Aaron.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    You must be mistaking Morrison for Jason Aaron.
    Hmm... Perhaps my dislike for Morrison killing off my baby in the most illogical manner is showing again
    Last edited by Micabe; 03-08-2021 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by otipep_90 View Post
    I can see that, but most likely would have been at the tail end of their date night, and we all know how that ended. I see it as symbolic of her becoming an adult. She would now longer be ‘Marvel Girl’ after that night and would become Phoenix. The name Professor X picked for her is linked to her adolescence, as represented by the photo of her as a young girl with her parents.
    Wow. All roads lead to that argument here still?

Jean Grey animated evolution. I first discovered her on SPIDER-MAN AND HIS AMAZING FRIENDS because she was #deadonthemoon when I started reading.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 03-08-2021 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Wow. All roads lead to that argument here still?

Jean Grey animated evolution. I first discovered her on SPIDER-MAN AND HIS AMAZING FRIENDS because she was #deadonthemoon when I started reading.
    What do you mean? The Marvel Girl moniker was appropriate at the start of HoX, but should have been changed after their first resurrection on Krakoa. She should have moved to a version closer to the Alex Ross Millennial X-Men look from Earth X, but maybe with gold and dark emerald green vs black and yellow. It would have been more appropriate with her new role in the Quite Council. It’s a mute point, and hopefully we’ll get an all-new look after the Hellfire Gala.

When I started reading she was already dead, but that was at the start of Whedon’s Astonishing X-Men.
    Last edited by otipep_90; 03-08-2021 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    now that wandavision is so popular, i have good expectations for the new live action jean grey, since she is similar to wanda, hoping they will do justice for jean
    I kinda have opposite expectations whenever I see MCU Wanda (who i love). They’ve given her red-ish hair, telekinesis that lights up the objects she moves, and some forms of telepathy. It makes it seem less likely that they’ll introduce Jean or wait a longer time so that the obvious comparisons don’t get made.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I know people are worried that Jean won't be utilized in the MCU, but I honestly feel pretty optimistic that she will be.

It's true they made Wanda too similar to Jean, but it looks like they're finally moving away from that. I feel that they can show a lot more complexity with Jean's powers than they ever did with the Scarlet Witch, because Wanda powers aren't tp/tk.

Besides that, Jean is integral to the X-Men mythos. Jean's relationship with Xavier is different than most of the other characters, her sisterhood with Storm, and romance with Cyclops, are all things that can be explored, and doesn't require the Phoenix. Without Jean there is no Rachel, Madelyne, or Cable. I feel that you had to have the audience know who Jean is for any of these characters to work IMO. Maybe not so much Cable, but I still feel the character has more impact when you know Jean and Cyclops' role in raising him.

While people here are tired of the Phoenix, I doubt that Kevin would miss the chance to eventually tell the X-Men's most iconic storyline. A good Dark Phoenix story takes a lot of build up, and would take years to get there. By then, I think there would be a lot of time between it and the Fox attempts.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 03-08-2021 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I kinda have opposite expectations whenever I see MCU Wanda (who i love). They’ve given her red-ish hair, telekinesis that lights up the objects she moves, and some forms of telepathy. It makes it seem less likely that they’ll introduce Jean or wait a longer time so that the obvious comparisons don’t get made.
    Wanda is magic. She only used TK and TP (see that they were mostly ilusions) because she wasn't aware she is a witch
    Sometimes on comics Wanda had red hair or even a brown redish tone