Page 272 of 719 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322372 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 10783
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Good point, Jean ebing a other wasn't on my wishlist for the character. But the writers presented us with this new status so they have to deliver on it.
    Jean is a mother and they are really fixated on that part, but just as a role instead of actions and interactions. We barely see her interacting with the "kids" without Scott being there too

With alex she sllowed him to be on the team that have as leader Sinister, that was a bizarre choice on her part.
    Gaby is a small kid tht she is friends with, they have a bond. They never interacted this whole time, anoter bizarre choice.

I ask myself this too: it is purposeful to indicate that something is off or just bad writing?
    Sometimes I'm thinking I'm too positive and naive to believe that they are writing as something is off and not how they think chaarcters should act.

Scott and logan are off too. logan was fine with child soldiers, something that he fought Scott and divided the x-men.
    Now Scott said that the mutants kids should live without having to fight,, that is a inversion on what they believed. All without any explanation.

There is the fact that kids are all by theirselves with only new mutants looking after them. New mutants need more adults to help the kids get a education and solve their problems. it is clear Dani nor Wolfsbane are ready for taking care of kids.
    [Being a mother] was on my wishlist for Jean, but I wasn't the one who determined that. They did.

You know? I understand there's limited panel time, so I wouldn't mind if Scott was around when Jean interacted with their kids. As long as she had actual interactions as well.

Scott, Nathan and Rachel went to investigate the new island/Krakoa/Arakko connections in two different issues. Jean could have been there. Scott interacted with Nathan several times in Cable (not counting X of Swords), Jean could have been there. But she barely has any dialogue with them.

The level of neglect of her character is such, that we still don't know how she feels about Madelyne not being resurrected or the Crucible...

We don't know how she voted when it comes to Alex either. She has two lines about the matter:

"He put three humans in the hospital, Scott. Two lost limbs. One's disfigured for life"
    "Your objections are heard, Scott. I promise you. But the Quiet Council will decide how to proceed."

She certainly is upset about it and she's trying to play her role there. But once Scott leaves, we don't know what she says. She may have tried to defend Alex, she may have tried to propose a different solution, she may have agreed Sinister of all people should be taking care of those misfit mutants. We just don't know...

We could have had a single panel of her telling Scott, after the meeting: "I'm sorry. I tried, but I was outvoted. Tell me you have a plan. We can't leave Sinister unchecked". Or something like: "Isn't Krakoa about second chances? How can we defend this idea if we're not willing to actually do it? Sinister wants to do something good. Your brother needs it. Let us give it a try". Naïve? Yeah! But it would be something.

The thing is... we don't know how Jean actually feels about a lot of the stuff that should be personal to her.

And before anyone jumps in: yes, I know she's not the only character who is getting this treatment and I'm not asking for any book to be focused on her. But this is her appreciation thread and I'm talking about her in particular and I'm just asking for some couple of panels here and there, spread on different books so not to hog any of them. That's all.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-11-2021 at 10:42 PM.

BANNED

We are not going to be getting any deep dives into Jean's head about anything, at least nothing beyond the tiny bit Ben Percy did while he had her. It's not Jean's era.

But at least she's not dead, so she can get guest appearances in other comics, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    We are not going to be getting any deep dives into Jean's head about anything, at least nothing beyond the tiny bit Ben Percy did while he had her. It's not Jean's era.

But at least she's not dead, so she can get guest appearances in other comics, maybe.
    We should probably all just re-read Morrison's run. One of the view authors who exactly knew how to write Jean Grey. I miss his Jean for 20 years. lol #sadfandom

by the way, I'm wondering how Russel Dauterman feels about Jean's costume. He gave Marvel and the X-team so many awesome Jean looks over the last months and nothing of it sticks. Must be frustrating to be so talented and create new designs and some weird policy keeps jean in her ugly 60s look.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    We should probably all just re-read Morrison's run. One of the view authors who exactly knew how to write Jean Grey. I miss his Jean for 20 years. lol #sadfandom

by the way, I'm wondering how Russel Dauterman feels about Jean's costume. He gave Marvel and the X-team so many awesome Jean looks over the last months and nothing of it sticks. Must be frustrating to be so talented and create new designs and some weird policy keeps jean in her ugly 60s look.
    RD is probably used to it. Creatives having to deal with weird ego trips about the characters from editorial/The Powers That Be is super-duper common. That's how you know the people in the offices are pretty much just fanboys too. No big Jean fanboys there though lol

At least they let him draw what he wants when he's the artist, even though they won't accept his very popular design ideas long-term.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 06-12-2021 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I kind of feel Hickman is keeping the mini skirt because everyone hates it so much. What other reason is there? Dauterman is open to them using Jean’s gala look as a regular costume with some updates.

Though I’m ready to see Jean’s gala look in cosplay and future games.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I kind of feel Hickman is keeping the mini skirt because everyone hates it so much. What other reason is there? Dauterman is open to them using Jean’s gala look as a regular costume with some updates.

Though I’m ready to see Jean’s gala look in cosplay and future games.
    There are only 2 updates needed to make Jean's Gala outfit a regular costume. Ditch the floaties around her head, and reduce or eliminate the train. Coat length is doable, but personally I prefer gone.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    There are only 2 updates needed to make Jean's Gala outfit a regular costume. Ditch the floaties around her head, and reduce or eliminate the train. Coat length is doable, but personally I prefer gone.
    I like elements of movement in an uniform of a character that flies, but I prefer the train gone too for this particular uniform.

Other than that, I think her high heels are also a bit too high. If they were lowered to her original Phoenix costume height, it could work. :)

But I'll say it again: I don't hate the dress. I just wish they'd pay attention to the details.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-12-2021 at 05:54 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

HiX-Man, and some artists, are definitely trolling some Jean fans.

and...her Gala wedge heels are the perfect height.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    HiX-Man, and some artists, are definitely trolling some Jean fans.

and...her Gala wedge heels are the perfect height.
    For her daily super-hero costume? In case she needs to actually run, you don't think it's a bit too high?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    For her daily super-hero costume? In case she needs to actually run, you don't think it's a bit too high?
    Absolutely not. Practical superheroics is oxymoronic.

And...Why would Jean be running?
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Since the heels are wedges, they should be fine for walking or running.

But I would rather see a slight redesign of the entire look into a superheroine costume, for instance, with actual boots. Keep the fighting costume very similar to the look and coloration of the Gala outfit, just slightly modified to be a fighting costume.

I would love to see Jean flying, floating and levitating rather than running for the most part. Also standing her ground, beating back the opponent!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 06-12-2021 at 07:16 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Absolutely not. Practical superheroics is oxymoronic.

And...Why would Jean be running?
    Oh, I'm not judging. I'm just a practical person who can't turn my brain off. Don't listen to me! :)

She might have to run if she loses access to her powers for whatever reason. Then again, she could just piggyback Scott too. What's the point of having a gigantic husband if you can't do that, right? :D (please, please, please, read it as a joke).

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Since the heels are wedges, they should be fine for walking or running.

But I would rather see a slight redesign of the entire look into a superheroine costume, for instance, with actual boots. Keep the fighting costume very similar to the look and coloration of the Gala outfit, just slightly modified to be a fighting costume.

I would love to see Jean flying, floating and levitating rather than running for the most part. Also standing her ground, beating back the opponent!
    As a person who has twisted her ankles quite a few times [as I was growing up]... Ugh... Gosh, it hurts so much... I love high heels and I can walk well on them (even stilettos), but if I have to run, I choose flats any time!

Yeah, I suppose those shoes would have to be slightly redesigned. I think currently they're part of the whole outfit, right?

That opening on the top of the foot probably doesn't give much stability either, especially when you consider combat situations.

But, again... don't blame me, guys. I can't shut my brain down... :D
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-12-2021 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post

But, again... don't blame me, guys. I can't shut my brain down...
    Oh, no blame on you, GS!

I think I said from the Gala outfit debut, that while I love Jean's Gala look, I would slightly redesign it to turn it into a new costume!

For example, the train and shoes for one. Get rid of it altogether or turn it into a cape from the shoulders down. Turn the shoes into boots.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Now I want to see Scott giving Jean a piggy back...LOL

Now I want to see Scott giving Jean a piggy back...LOL
    ...And then Jean giving Scott a piggyback ride....lol. Jean has that lean toned muscle after all. She can do it!