Page 663 of 719 FirstFirst ... 163563613653659660661662663664665666667673713 ... LastLast
Results 9,931 to 9,945 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    ....AND... maybe one other...! LOL!
    The Gorilla Phoenix. THAT'S THE ONLY ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by starchilde View Post
    the gorilla phoenix. That's the only one!
    !!! No......!!!! Lol
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

That's Gorgilla Phoenix. Don't be disrespectful to the 3rd greatest Phoenix host after Echo and Fongji!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    That's Gorgilla Phoenix. Don't be disrespectful to the 3rd greatest Phoenix host after Echo and Fongji!
    My bad, my bad! I will never show this level of disrespect to our best host ever, Gorgilla, again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    My bad, my bad! I will never show this level of disrespect to our best host ever, Gorgilla, again.
    Fire, and life, and bananas incarnate!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

So at this point literally everyone has a new costume but Jean....what is the reason?

Like this joke has gone on way too long, Storm however look spectacular but maybe this is a sign that Duggan aside. Jean is just not on anyone's radar as far as actually investing in her. The sentiment of having a grown woman in 2021 wearing a costume she wore in the 60's-70's specifically this one is not good optics imo and a single adjustment of any kind would be preferable.

Oh and someone start a petition to get Aaron divorced from the PF, FOREVER! It's obvious he doesn't care or respect the mythos which is why I don't get why he doesn't substitute it for literally any of the other macguffins in Marvel.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 12-07-2021 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    So at this point literally everyone has a new costume but Jean....what is the reason?

Like this joke has gone on way too long, Storm however look spectacular but maybe this is a sign that Duggan aside. Jean is just not on anyone's radar as far as actually investing in her. The sentiment of having a grown woman in 2021 wearing a costume she wore in the 60's-70's specifically this one is not good optics imo and a single adjustment of any kind would be preferable.

Oh and someone start a petition to get Aaron divorced from the PF, FOREVER! It's obvious he doesn't care or respect the mythos which is why I don't get why he doesn't substitute it for literally any of the other macguffins in Marvel.
    We've been complaining about Jean's costume for years and X-Office must be making fun of it.

Well, he must be giving Marvel a profit... Because I don't understand.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    We've been complaining about Jean's costume for years and X-Office must be making fun of it.

Well, he must be giving Marvel a profit... Because I don't understand.
    It takes away so much of her presence and if there was literally any interesting story elements outside of X-men 4 then maybe I could understand. But when you have everyone in updated or more consistently in newer costumes having her in this garb stands out more in the wrong way. Especially, when even if there is a reason I can't imagine it being meaningful or nuanced in any real way which develops her. But I trust Duggan so we'll see!

BANNED

Someone on Twitter called it "X-Men Red (Taylor's Version)" and I lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The Morrison look, but in green?

Attachment 115919
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    In either case, I love the top and overall look. For the top, I would consider a softer military green, the color of the coat in the picture Kitty posted. The key lime green is a bit much for my tastes.
    (with apologies to John Paul Leon, RIP)
    Last edited by Thirteen; 12-08-2021 at 01:44 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

So, at this point literally everyone has a new costume but Jean....what is the reason?

Like this joke has gone on way too long, Storm however looks spectacular but maybe this is a sign that Duggan aside. Jean is just not on anyone's radar as far as actually investing in her. The sentiment of having a grown woman in 2021 wearing a costume she wore in the 60's-70's specifically this one is not good optics imo and a single adjustment of any kind would be preferable.
    Perhaps keeping Jean in her old uniform morphed from an inspired to a calculated choice. The vociferous blowback from fans was definitely heard and, at times, extremely inappropriate. I could understand why certain creators who were at the receiving end of it - namely Hickman and Duggan - would choose to rub it in, so to speak. However, I also believe Jean’s change of uniform is upcoming and has been timed for optimum impact and character development. There have been enough…hints. I won’t repeat them.

It takes away so much of her presence and if there was literally any interesting story elements outside of X-men 4 then maybe I could understand. But when you have everyone in updated or more consistently in newer costumes having her in this garb stands out more in the wrong way. Especially, when even if there is a reason I can't imagine it being meaningful or nuanced in any real way which develops her. But I trust Duggan so we'll see!
    In either case, while I very much dislike the green garb, it doesn’t bother me as much as it does some fans because I know nothing in comics lasts forever and, as a big Jean fan, I’m used to spending periods in the trenches with her. It’s part and parcel—and part of the charm—of being a Jean Grey fan. She never has nor ever will be one of those characters that depends on a codename or particular look or specific character trait to remain relevant or perennially talked about, which she most certainly still is. The fans adore and pine after her, and haters and detractors seethe. Good.

Jean is both warm and cold, kind and aggressive, confident and insecure, dependable and utterly mercurial, a lover of mutants and humans and, in the end, a loner at heart. She’s as open as a sunflower in the summer and as captivating and mysterious as an obsidian shard after volcanic extrusion. She’s an enigma. That’s how I view her, anyway. As Xavier’s first student, the first female and a founding member of the X-Men, and the one true host - really, an actual fragment of - the Phoenix Force (and, in the end, transcendent of all of that), Jean Grey will always be relevant and on more than a few people’s minds.
    Last edited by Mercury; 12-08-2021 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    (with apologies to John Paul Leon, RIP)
    I’m seeing key lime again…

I so appreciate your efforts, though. You make me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I’m seeing key lime again…

I so appreciate your efforts, though. You make me smile.
    Jean Grey doesn’t do drab.

Speaking of Costume variants in the Krakoan era where we were told that characters could be depicted wearing different costumes as creators' whim, which I find to be a continuity nightmare (see Lorna Dane who was shown in different costumes over the course of what should have been a contiguous plot), which suits have we seen Jean in?
    Classic Marvel Girl, X-Factor Red (post-Fall of the Mutants), X-Men Gold (Jim Lee era), X-Men:Red Dauterman Variant...any others?

I wish someone would sneak in the Alex Ross design since its a free for all...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 12-08-2021 at 07:27 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Jean Grey doesn’t do drab.
    Nevertheless, you did a great job.

Ollie does it again!
    Attached Images Attached Images