Page 62 of 719 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162562 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I will always love this look for modern Jean. She looks like a leader and someone to be taken seriously.
    New X-men Jean will always be my favorite look right next to the Phoenix costume. I'm fine with either the bomber jacket or the trench coat.

The Red Dragon

I’d like to see this outfit make it into the 616. The only thing I would add are her trademark Morrison X boots.
    Yesss. This is and the Morrison look is the modern take we need.

I like the Marvel Girl look more than her horrendous shoulders pad xmen red costume. That and the face mask on it just bugs me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I just made this edit

Awesome. You photoshopped it heh
    Also Does Dauterman's Jean lacks pink eyes?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    You can't pick and choose who your citizens are. How is that different from citizens causing domestic terrorism?
    While birth citizenship is based on where you are born (for some countries), I guess Krakoa's citizenship is based on whether you are a mutant or not.
    Adding Sinister to the QC is for diplomacy, to put up a face that they don't pick and choose. There is no "good citizen" requirement, if you are a mutant, you are a citizen of krakoa (if you choose).
    One good thing about this, if they do choose to be Krakoan, then they should abide by Krakoan law, which is do not kill humans. Plus mutants can deal with mutant problems.
    Mutants is a metaphor for racism, but that is if you correlate that to reality. This is comics, so mutant is considered a race.
    You're wrong about that because they have the choice. They decided to create a mutant nation this is their initial choice, right? Apoc, Shadow King and other vilains are known by the X-Men and these people attacked them, kill them more than once, what they did and their mindset. It's not like they didn't know it and discover how truly these people are on Krakoa! It's not the same case of someone who is your guest and you discover this person is a criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    You're wrong about that because they have the choice. They decided to create a mutant nation this is their initial choice, right? Apoc, Shadow King and other vilains are known by the X-Men and these people attacked them, kill them more than once, what they did and their mindset. It's not like they didn't know it and discover how truly these people are on Krakoa! It's not the same case of someone who is your guest and you discover this person is a criminal.
    This particular subject has been already treated many times. If you scroll the pages of “Your Unpopular/Controversial Opinions on the X-Universe”, it is strongly represented and a lot of people have presented their point of view. There were people who were unsettled by this “tabula rasa” and others… not at all. These latter are the ones who are the most represented in CBR when most of the former left a long time ago and stopped reading the stories. Maybe, your posts would be more relevant in this particular thread than this present one: Jean Grey has been many things written by many authors. The Jean Grey I remember gave a hard time to many villains, humans and mutants, indiscriminately…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Awesome. You photoshopped it heh
    Also Does Dauterman's Jean lacks pink eyes?
    yep, I love the pink eyes of power:

ojt01.jpg

cykep02.jpg
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    This particular subject has been already treated many times. If you scroll the pages of “Your Unpopular/Controversial Opinions on the X-Universe”, it is strongly represented and a lot of people have presented their point of view. There were people who were unsettled by this “tabula rasa” and others… not at all. These latter are the ones who are the most represented in CBR when most of the former left a long time ago and stopped reading the stories. Maybe, your posts would be more relevant in this particular thread than this present one: Jean Grey has been many things written by many authors. The Jean Grey I remember gave a hard time to many villains, humans and mutants, indiscriminately…
    Well, sorry it's not the place to talk about this subject. Jean deserves to be in a leader position at that time but she's not because of Hickman who reduced her role to Cyclops' wife again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    yep, I love the pink eyes of power:

ojt01.jpg

cykep02.jpg
    I guess Jean's expression is better shown with real eyes rather than pink eyes.

Her eyes were drawn pink on the cover to X-men Red 10

I need a Pink Phoenix Effect in my life. It is so iconic. No idea why the writers refuse to use it ALL THE TIME. Just say it's her omega level potential without the Phoenix Force.

I also like how Phoenix brought the effect back as an expression of her telepathy.

BANNED

Frison's art is great and I am a big fan of his art. Was thinking of getting a commission but like all those new gen artists, she is not accepting commissions. I think this cover doesn't really expresses Frison's talent. I think the reason is the pink palate which is kinda oversaturated and gets mixed up with her costume. This might be the very reason why Dauterman avoids going too pinkish. Both are detail artists.
    Last edited by Vishop; 02-19-2021 at 10:57 AM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Put on a dress and a mask and say that this is a battle suit in the middle of 2021 ... And the worst thing, an outfit she wore as a teenager
    Ironically the writer who did this to her makes her look highly off and be a woman in defense. And still makes an edition that she forgets that has telekinesis
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Quoted for truth, the idea that we should somehow feel bad about ourselves because we dislike that rag from 50+ years ago is laughable at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Imagine Jean wearing the Dauterman outfit during KiB. Then again Cates made sure her words should be more than enough
    Thank you all for expressing this opinion much better than I could!

I just made this edit

Thank you for demonstrating the point better than I could with a visual!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I agree. I read comics for so so many years and literally every one of her other outfit is better known to me than this piece of sh*t fabric from the 60s.

but I'm also starting to warm up to the campiness of Jean's ridiculous look.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    New X-Men to X-Men Red to a confident leader, using her powers in a way no other telepath/telekinetic has ever done. That is how her development should have been, with the whole ”Phoenix was holding me back, just look at how powerful I will become now”. What we got instead was ”Scooooott!” in that horrible dress from the 1960s.
    Do many of us Jean fans sound bitter? Maybe, but with good reason. All of the build up in X-Men Red, and then they regressed her.

All of this!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I liked the dress before Hickman decided it meant "weak girl". Now it's kinda ruined for me and I just think the least they could do is give her the X-Men Red look.

What she deserves is her Morrison look.

I absolutely detest the Marvel Girl name. It's not her first day at Xavier's.
    Don't get me started you know, how much I love this look. And I die on the hill that if Hickman was serious about allowing her to continue on the pathway she was prior to his run THIS is the costume you use to show that. The Marvel Girl look is dated and so far removed from who she should be 40 years later, such a regression and of ALL the costume she has it is the one costume that unfortunately demonstrates a lost of agency the most.

I’d like to see this outfit make it into the 616. The only thing I would add are her trademark Morrison X boots.
    I will always love this look for modern Jean. She looks like a leader and someone to be taken seriously.
    All of this!!
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 02-19-2021 at 01:39 PM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    New X-men Jean will always be my favorite look right next to the Phoenix costume. I'm fine with either the bomber jacket or the trench coat.

Why not both?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I need a Pink Phoenix Effect in my life. It is so iconic. No idea why the writers refuse to use it ALL THE TIME. Just say it's her omega level potential without the Phoenix Force.

I also like how Phoenix brought the effect back as an expression of her telepathy.

There is literally no reason that makes sense, that Jean doesn't use it more often. It is IMMEDIATELY recognizable, and demonstrates such a clear and concise depiction of the character.

Even this alternate version of Teen Jean looks 100 times better than Jean does in the current era and the above costume isn't exactly inspired!
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 02-19-2021 at 01:41 PM.

Costumes are important or superheroes would be using the same cstumes since their inceptions, so we get moderns redesigns.

Teen jean was luck, only her marvel girl redesigns was bad and tha lasted like one year

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Costumes are important or superheroes would be using the same cstumes since their inceptions, so we get moderns redesigns.

Teen jean was luck, only her marvel girl redesigns was bad and tha lasted like one year
    yep

All-New X-Men v01 - Yesterday's X-Men-073.jpg