Page 309 of 719 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319359409 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Lovely costume right there
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Fantastic Member

I'm always up for more interaction between Jean and 'Ro, so I agree with you. But I didn't expect much of it in this book, to be honest, so I'm not super disappointed either.
    That's why (on reflection) I'm not too upset about Jean leaving the Quiet Council and going back to Super Heroics. I don't like her being quarantined with the same fishtank of characters. I'm hoping that getting back to helping save the world, we'll see Jean interact with other characters again. Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, Carol, Natasha, The Fantastic Four. There are plenty of wonderful characters in Marvel's catalogue and I'd love Jean to mix it up.

Hopefully Duggan shares my school of thought. I'd also like some clarity on Scott and Jean's relationship. The Poly thing rings as out of character for me and I can't take it as character evolution because it was just thrown against a wall and stuck. Literally came from nowhere and feels (to me) out of character for everyone involved. I'd like an explanation.

Scott doing nothing while Emma mocked all things Jean for a decade has kind of soured me on the pairing but I still see how Scott/Jean can be/are very much a well-suited yin/yang. Scott is practical, strategic, impassive and militant. Those qualities make him a good leader. Jean is idealistic, spirited, empathetic, she dreams big, in a lot of ways (witness her goal in X-Men Red). They have a love, neither appears to want/is willing, to let go. The fascinating character nuances and situations really could write themselves.
    Last edited by PowerPlay25; 06-19-2021 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    That's why (on reflection) I'm not too upset about Jean leaving the Quiet Council and going back to Super Heroics. I don't like her being quarantined with the same fishtank of characters. I'm hoping that getting back to helping save the world, we'll see Jean interact with other characters again. Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, Carol, Natasha, The Fantastic Four. There are plenty of wonderful characters in Marvel's catalogue and I'd love Jean to mix it up.

Hopefully Duggan shares my school of thought. I'd also like some clarity on Scott and Jean's relationship. The Poly thing rings as out of character for me and I can't take it as character evolution because it was just thrown against a wall and stuck. Literally came from nowhere and feels (to me) out of character for everyone involved. I'd like an explanation.

Scott doing nothing while Emma mocked all things Jean for a decade has kind of soured me on the pairing but I still see how Scott/Jean can be/are very much a well-suited yin/yang. Scott is practical, strategic, impassive and militant. Those qualities make him a good leader. Jean is idealistic, spirited, empathetic, she dreams big, in a lot of ways (witness her goal in X-Men Red). They have a love, neither appears to want/is willing, to let go. The fascinating character nuances and situations really could write themselves.
    I agree with all your points, in fact you described very well how I feel about these different topics related to Jean.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    The body farm is supposed to be for investigation and that´s why it´s on X-factor´s cuarters but it creeps me out how it´s drawn, I think they should build a morgue on Krakoa.
    The idea of a body farm is to study decomposition, so you really have to leave the bodies exposed. You wouldn't be able to study that on a morgue.

I believe those bodies were just buried before. So I suppose it was the equivalent of a cemetery?

Yes I also hope Gabby will be back quickly and without much drama.
    I don't really know what I want from this story, actually. But that poster (I'd give credit if I remember who wrote that and where) made me think that, maybe, the story won't be about the resurrection protocols after all. Or at least not yet.

But, because of the letter, Laura and Daken are aware that Gaby was trying to help her friends, that she was looking forward to the Gala and she never showed up. So, if Martha tries to impersonate Gaby, it won't last long either.

Overall, an interesting story so far.

Exactly I have missed this and can´t wait to read new comics with thought´s bubles and sharing of feelings.
    For the thought bubbles, we'd need to wait for one of the older writers to come back, unfortunately. Oh, how I miss those fuffly balloons!

But there are other narrative tools that could be used.

Anyway, I don't know why the writers nowadays seem to think those the balloons are silly. I think they're one of the most interesting comic book tools that are available to help the writers tell the story and it's a waste not to use them.

Did I mention how much I love them?

XD then you will have to wait until his tea runs out and he can´t get back to Krakoa for more :)
    Yeah! :D

Except... mmm... did you listen to that Si Spurrier interview I linked some days ago? The one with the spoilers.

That´s fine, he´s a heavy drinker and I was not sure he left much booze, he needs to work on that ;) Well Mags pretty much shared his plan with Storm, Nightcrawler, Jean, Charles, Scott, etc and many others so yes I think they were ok with the plan, I guess they must be thinking of doing some nice diplomatic moves after the fact because the rest of the world is going to react, some good and bad but there´s going to be a reaction.
    Well, you can share the plans for terraforming the planet and justify that Arakko people will be a problem if they don't do that (and that Krakoa needed more land because of the law suit that cut them out of the Savage Land). And leave the part of changing the name of the planet, calling it the capital of the system and announcing the Solar System will have a regent out.

I can see Jean, stuffed with Krakoan oysters, to be like: "Woo! Terraforming Mars! Bringing life to a whole new planet! Maybe offsetting that 'oops-I-ate-a-star-moment that Marvel doesn't seem to make up their minds if it was me or not' and more importantly, Mags: do I get to get out of that horrid Gala outfit so I can put on my amazing dress again? Count me in, babe!"

To which I would have said: "Wait a minute, sis. Don't commit yet. What kind of precautions are you going to put in place so that an entire population of mutants who no know nothing but war and conflict and who are creating problems now, don't become a problem later when they get bored in their peaceful planet and decide to create war and conflict on a planetary level instead?"

To which, I suppose, Jean would comment I remind her of Scott and I'd have to tell her to go have a cold shower! :D

But if Jean *knew* about that part of renaming Mars, calling it the capital and announcing a regent for the Solar System? Yeah, it would sour our 25+ year friendship.

Still I think they see this as a better scenario than having Arrako make war to the rest of the world or a war between Krakoa and Arrako because they don´t let them try to take over the planet.
    So... we give them a planet for them and we pretend that will make them peaceful instead of bored? And we don't expect them to eventually come back to take over Earth, but this time even stronger?

That's the plan?
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-19-2021 at 11:38 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    The idea of a body farm is to study decomposition, so you really have to leave the bodies exposed. You wouldn't be able to study that on a morgue.

I believe those bodies were just buried before. So I suppose it was the equivalent of a cemetery?
    Sort of but there are not supposed to be cementeries on Krakoa, those are the dead bodies from of the ressurected mutants, they used to have them on Dr Reyes habitat until David asked her to give them to him so he could study them.

I don't really know what I want from this story, actually. But that poster (I'd give credit if I remember who wrote that and where) made me think that, maybe, the story won't be about the resurrection protocols after all. Or at least not yet.

But, because of the letter, Laura and Daken are aware that Gaby was trying to help her friends, that she was looking forward to the Gala and she never showed up. So, if Martha tries to impersonate Gaby, it won't last long either.

Overall, an interesting story so far.
    Agreed I just hope Gabby is back, I really like her character and I hope Shadow king is punished if he killed her.

For the thought bubbles, we'd need to wait for one of the older writers to come back, unfortunately. Oh, how I miss those fuffly balloons!

But there are other narrative tools that could be used.

Anyway, I don't know why the writers nowadays seem to think those the balloons are silly. I think they're one of the most interesting comic book tools that are available to help the writers tell the story and it's a waste not to use them.

Did I mention how much I love them?
    Yes, I also loved, they were pretty much my favorite part of Claremont´s run they let us know the characters so well and the reason behind their decisions. Now there´s a kind of perjuice agaist them in some newer authors and readers, they see them as a waste of space that could be used to show off more of the art and that dialogue could tell the story well enough and when they want to show thoughts they use a narrative box but it´s not the same because I sometimes get confused over who´s thinking when they don´t use separate colors for different characters.

Yeah!

Except... mmm... did you listen to that Si Spurrier interview I linked some days ago? The one with the spoilers.
    Yes I did, I liked what I could understand of it but english is not my first language so there were parts I could not understand well.

Well, you can share the plans for terraforming the planet and justify that Arakko people will be a problem if they don't do that (and that Krakoa needed more land because of the law suit that cut them out of the Savage Land). And leave the part of changing the name of the planet, calling it the capital of the system and announcing the Solar System will have a regent out.
    Tbh I think them being recognized as the capital of Sol is wishful thinking and I am not sure that´s really what they are implying, I will wait to see what else SWORD reveals next week, because, sure they can talk about it and Brand certainly has been talking about it since the beggining but the fact of the matter is that Earth is still part of the system, Earth already has Alpha Fight to represent them while Krakoa has SWORD, and Earth doesn´t have a unified goverment with the authority to name any individual leader of the system so imo, I believe in practice things will be the same, Alpha fight will represent a part of Earths countries while SWORD represents Krakoa with Mars as it´s capital for the rest of the universe.

I can see Jean, stuffed with Krakoan oysters, to be like: "Woo! Terraforming Mars! Bringing life to a whole new planet! Maybe offsetting that 'oops-I-ate-a-star-moment that Marvel doesn't seem to make up their minds if it was me or not' and more importantly, Mags: do I get to get out of that horrid Gala outfit so I can put my amazing dress again? Count me in, babe!"
    Lol well I see Jean being less naive and sadly yes, she changed her great Gala outfit for the 60´s dress, like Jean, please, you can literally use anything else on space, you don´t need to show off your TK by using a dress from your teen years but I can totally see this dialogue, Mags specially will use any excuse to get out of the Gala period.

To what I would have said: "Wait a minute, sis. Don't commit yet. What kind of precautions are you going to put in place so that an entire population of mutants who no know nothing but war and conflict and who are creating problems now, don't become a problem later when they get bored in their peaceful planet and decide to create war and conflict on a planetary level instead?"

To which, I suppose, Jean would comment I remind her of Scott and I'd have to tell her to go have a cold shower!
    JEAN leave Grinning Soul and those oysters alone XD

But if Jean *knew* about that part of renaming Mars, calling it the capital and announcing a regent for the Solar System? Yeah, it would sour our 25+ year friendship.
    The thing is that Mags presented it before the entire Quiet Council that included Storm, Kurt, Kitty, Mystique, Exodus, Sinister, Emma, Krakoa and Charles as a goverment proposal and everyone voted YES and he did the same with every mutant he asked for help, including Forge so imo, I don´t think he hide something as big as changing the name of the planet, because it´s a goverment policy that will HAVE to be taken for negotiations to the UN and other Earths goverments and obviously will be talked with other super hero groups like the Avengers so I don´t think they were not aware of the plan way ahead.

So... we give them a planet for them and we pretend that will make them peaceful instead of bored? And we don't expect them to eventually come back to take over Earth, but this time even stronger?

That's the plan?
    About Arrako, I guess this is why they left a Krakoa emabassy there, sure the planet is for Arrako to have it´s own place but Krakoa controls the main way back towards Earth. Arrako mutants so far stayed for the most part on their own island, they were not even interested in going to Krakoa unless they had bussines there, so imo, even in the case of someone, lest say with autorithy on their council like, Apocalypse, who currently is trapped with his family in otherworld, got interested in getting back to conquer Earth, Krakoa and the X-men would be there, so yes, it´s not a perfect solution but it´s a solution for the moment.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-20-2021 at 12:40 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Yes. Although she was a good choice from the QC's perspective, I just couldn't see her staying long on it, because she doesn't belong on Krakoa at all. Especially not after Morrison's and X-Men: Red.

So I really hope the super-heroics will be a transition that will allow her to remember who she really is and that, even though she's a team player who is always willing to help and the idea of having a safe place for her family is certainly very appealing, the compromises she's having to make, the price they are having to pay, is just too high.

I'd love to see her interacting with other Marvel characters as well. If we are to judge by X-Men: Red, they're more than trusting of her and willing to work with her. So it's not a wishful thinking of our part, right? It became canon. No reason not have that that again.

Fingers crossed we get both of those things! :)

I felt like that too and I *think* I understand better why we didn't get that explanation, but it involves spoilers of books that aren't available yet, so I comment much about it.

Besides, I have the feeling Marvel will just pretend it never happened and we were crazy to "assume" that. Honestly? At this point I'm willing to roll with it.

Yeah. He did nothing. But he also *asked* Emma, please, not to kill Sublime instead being a leader and *telling* her not to. You know, making it clear that cold-blooded killing *would* not be allowed on his watch and acceptable on his team? And then, when she did drop him, Scott just shrugged.

(Is that a strong leader right there or what?)

Scott's relationship with Emma was a weird one from the get go (and not saying that necessarily on a negative way -- weird relationships can be very interesting!)

Everything Scott has done since the possession of Apocalypse was coloured by a trauma he actually never dealt with. And then, Jean from the future, pushed him to start a relationship with Emma so he wouldn't leave the X-Men and eventually have to become a leader, which, you know saved the world from a horrible future, but did *not* address his trauma.

And the thing is... Jean does understand he was *not* at his normal. And I would really like them to address this stuff and heal together. But instead, they were put in that island and they now have those glazed look over their eyes that are common amongst people who belong in a cult. It creeps me out.

But yeah, I'm a huge fan of the couple, not only emotionally, not only because when written well they make me feel super happy. But because, rationally, I think they are the best person the other could be with and, on top of that, they have a very interesting dynamic. One that is not easy for them, but really do help them grow. I even used the same yin/yang analogy to describe them recently! :D

Not to mention, comic books are a visual medium and they look so epic, so iconic together! It's like win-win-win! :)
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-20-2021 at 12:13 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Sorry if I'm late but I'm trying to understand why they like this idea so much? If this was true shouldn't they of just had Jean stayed in the skirt up till now?
    They are saying they don't like X-Men Red. Or anything else centered on Jean after the 60s, for that matter.

Sort of but there are not supposed to be cementeries on Krakoa, those are the dead bodies from of the ressurected mutants, they used to have them on Dr Reyes habitat until David asked her to give them to him so he could study them.
    I think Dr. Reyes didn’t actually answer how she disposes of the bodies once she is done with the autopsy on them, right? Since there were bodies available, I suppose they were buried so Krakoa’s ecosystem could reabsorb the organic matter… But how knows?

Agreed I just hope Gabby is back, I really like her character and I hope Shadow king is punished if he killed her.
    Not sure how long it will take for her to be back, but I like her too, so I hope it’s soon.

Yes, I also loved, they were pretty much my favorite part of Claremont´s run they let us know the characters so well and the reason behind their decisions. Now there´s a kind of perjuice agaist them in some newer authors and readers, they see them as a waste of space that could be used to show off more of the art and that dialogue could tell the story well enough and when they want to show thoughts they use a narrative box but it´s not the same because I sometimes get confused over who´s thinking when they don´t use separate colors for different characters..
    Louise Simonson often used the those balloons too.

I really like them. I think they’re an unique tool for comic book writers and I think it’s a waste not to use them. The narrative boxes are great too, for when the character is actually narrating. But for real-time thought-process the balloons are unbeatable in my opinion.

Yes I did, I liked what I could understand of it but english is not my first language so there were parts I could not understand well.
    English is not my first language either, so apologies if I transcribed it wrongly:

spoilers:
    "If these bad people had been using David Haller's brain as a model to find ways to expedite emm... the-the social decay of Krakoan society... The way they figured out how to do that is to inject something which makes everybody a little more selfish, a little bit more... emm... aggressive, a little bit more violent, a little bit more sensory emm... a little bit less empathetic than out here in the real world. That's what they tried to achieved by inserting Onslaught".
    end of spoilers

And, like you said on the other topic, on top of those spoilers there might be something else going on.

Tbh I think them being recognized as the capital of Sol is wishful thinking and I am not sure that´s really what they are implying, I will wait to see what else SWORD reveals next week, because, sure they can talk about it and Brand certainly has been talking about it since the beggining but the fact of the matter is that Earth is still part of the system, Earth already has Alpha Fight to represent them while Krakoa has SWORD, and Earth doesn´t have a unified goverment with the authority to name any individual leader of the system so imo, I believe in practice things will be the same, Alpha fight will represent a part of Earths countries while SWORD represents Krakoa with Mars as it´s capital for the rest of the universe.
    Sure, we’ll have to see what happens in practise. But mutants did declare Mars - I refuse to call it Arakko - the capital of the Solar System. And I have a problem with it, regardless of how it will play out.

I’d have a problem if any nation called itself the capital of Earth. Calling themselves the capital of the star system? Hell, no!

Terraforming Mars was already a step too bold and too dangerous. When you look at the real world and you consider the international agreements we have nowadays concerning areas like Antarctica (and how we will eventually have them about the Moon), Krakoa just decided they were above that.

That is a big middle finger to the international community they supposedly want to belong to, right? And if they don’t, why don’t they just go live in Mars already? As long as they don’t call themselves the capital of the system, god speed.

These kind of agreements exist to prevent future wars based on a new version of Imperialism. That’s why it was so bad when they unilaterally decided to terraform Mars because they could. Well, once a upon a time, countries claimed colonies because they could too. We saw how it ended.

No. I cannot be okay with it. And it’s not because they’re mutants. It’s because these unilateral decisions lead to wars.

Lol well I see Jean being less naive and sadly yes, she changed her great Gala outfit for the 60´s dress, like Jean, please, you can literally use anything else on space, you don´t need to show off your TK by using a dress from your teen years but I can totally see this dialogue, Mags specially will use any excuse to get out of the Gala period.
    Jean should be less naïve, but she’s been on Krakoan oysters and she didn't ask many questions. Or she just knew all about the plan and she didn't care because of the oysters.

JEAN leave Grinning Soul and those oysters alone XD
    Yeah. I’m tragically heterosexual. And those things haven’t been good for you anyway, sis. Get them out of your diet pronto! :D

The thing is that Mags presented it before the entire Quiet Council that included Storm, Kurt, Kitty, Mystique, Exodus, Sinister, Emma, Krakoa and Charles as a goverment proposal and everyone voted YES and he did the same with every mutant he asked for help, including Forge so imo, I don´t think he hide something as big as changing the name of the planet, because it´s a goverment policy that will HAVE to be taken for negotiations to the UN and other Earths goverments and obviously will be talked with other super hero groups like the Avengers so I don´t think they were not aware of the plan way ahead.
    People who were in the Council knew everything. The other mutants might have been asked to help with the terraforming logistics, but kept in the dark about the entirety of the plan. It's not like the QC bothers to share anything with non-members anyway. Not even their captains knew (unless Scott lied to Steve).

Now, the question is…

spoilers:
    … why did Kurt voted yes? At this point, he doesn’t have the Onslaught bug in his head anymore. Did he not understand what Magneto meant?
    end of spoilers

About Arrako, I guess this is why they left a Krakoa emabassy there, sure the planet is for Arrako to have it´s own place but Krakoa controls the main way back towards Earth.
    That’s just a matter of someone from Arakko travelling back to Krakoa and using a portal anywhere else on Earth to plant an Arakko portal, about which Sage will have no intelligence.

Arrako mutants so far stayed for the most part on their own island, they were not even interested in going to Krakoa unless they had bussines there, so imo, even in the case of someone, lest say with autorithy on their council like, Apocalypse, who currently is trapped with his family in otherworld, got interested in getting back to conquer Earth, Krakoa and the X-men would be there, so yes, it´s not a perfect solution but it´s a solution for the moment.
    They were already causing trouble in England, as seeing in Cable. Then Magneto talks about more of those conflicts to Isca, mentioning one in Japan. Such problems - plural, as he put it - were the motivation to move them out of Earth.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-20-2021 at 06:06 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I looooooooove how Don Aguilo redesigned the dress here:

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I love how the mask frames her eyes instead of completely covering her face. The small gloves and the golden thigh highs are gorgeous! Love the múltiple shades of green.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think Dr. Reyes didnÂ’t actually answer how she disposes of the bodies once she is done with the autopsy on them, right? Since there were bodies available, I suppose they were buried so KrakoaÂ’s ecosystem could reabsorb the organic matterÂ… But how knows?
    I am not sure, she just said she had them but there was no image of where she kept them.

]Not sure how long it will take for her to be back, but I like her too, so I hope itÂ’s soon.
    Me too

Louise Simonson often used the those balloons too.

I really like them. I think theyÂ’re an unique tool for comic book writers and I think itÂ’s a waste not to use them. The narrative boxes are great too, for when the character is actually narrating. But for real-time thought-process the balloons are unbeatable in my opinion.
    Yes it´s just that sometimes you need to know what the character is really thinking, not because they are trying to lie but because they may make a decision but not for the reason the reader may believe it was done for and then the writer tries to get across what they meant instead of seeing in clearly on the page by the own character and what´s on the page is mostly what stays on the memory of the fans and becomes the background of the character.

English is not my first language either, so apologies if I transcribed it wrongly:

spoilers:
    "If these bad people had been using David Haller's brain as a model to find ways to expedite emm... the-the social decay of Krakoan society... The way they figured out how to do that is to inject something which makes everybody a little more selfish, a little bit more... emm... aggressive, a little bit more violent, a little bit more sensory emm... a little bit less empathetic than out here in the real world. That's what they tried to achieved by inserting Onslaught".
    end of spoilers

And, like you said on the other topic, on top of those spoilers there might be something else going on.
    Thank you, I really appreciate this, I believe it´s indeed a mix of situations, Onslaught influence, the effects of the ressurrection are most present with me at the moment.

Starfish shared this spoiler with me so lest hope after Onslaught is done they will see things like the crucible in a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how their attitudes will change once Way of X finds a way to deal with spoilers:
    the psychic Nimrod/Onslaught amplifying their selfish and self-destructive urges.
    end of spoilers

]Sure, weÂ’ll have to see what happens in practise. But mutants did declare Mars - I refuse to call it Arakko - the capital of the Solar System. And I have a problem with it, regardless of how it will play out.

IÂ’d have a problem if any nation called itself the capital of Earth. Calling themselves the capital of the star system? Hell, no!

Terraforming Mars was already a step too bold and too dangerous. When you look at the real world and you consider the international agreements we have nowadays concerning areas like Antarctica (and how we will eventually have them about the Moon), Krakoa just decided they were above that.

That is a big middle finger to the international community they supposedly want to belong to, right? And if they donÂ’t, why donÂ’t they just go live in Mars already? As long as they donÂ’t call themselves the capital of the system, god speed.

These kind of agreements exist to prevent future wars based on a new version of Imperialism. ThatÂ’s why it was so bad when they unilaterally decided to terraform Mars because they could. Well, once a upon a time, countries claimed colonies because they could too. We saw how it ended.

No. I cannot be okay with it. And itÂ’s not because theyÂ’re mutants. ItÂ’s because these unilateral decisions lead to wars.
    The agreetment on antartica came after a lot of pushing and pulling from different countries on our world with each one of them trying to get it´s own parcel so really, I don´t think it´s quite that rare to see

I personally don´t see them reviving a death planet as a bad thing and Arakko mutants needed a home and having a place to make diplomacy with the rest of the galaxy before going to war is always a good thing, the only problem I have is if they essentially become the capital of Sol, because despite their power, they are not truly representing all of earth and in practice they will have to do some pushing and pulling with other members of the UN to get to an agreetment, I actually could see their embassy become a center of different embassies or even a new representative council will become neccesary, I guess that´s what Hickman was talking about when he mentioned in one of Sinister secrets there are more than TWO council´s around the sun so my guess is that next week with SWORD and GOTG we will see how´s really going to work, because not even SWORD was made to represent only krakoa, it´s formed by different people who used to work with the Avengers and X-men and the main objective of SWORD is to protect the System from external threats not to rule over earth so I will wait to see what else Ewing brings next week.

Jean should be less naïve, but she’s been on Krakoan oysters and she didn't ask many questions. Or she just knew all about the plan and she didn't care because of the oysters.
    I would be dissapointed if the Oysters are the reason , I actually don´t mind when characters make unwise decisiones they later regret as long as they take responsibility for them and so far we don´t know yet the true extend of what happened or what it lead to her saying yes, it would be nice if Duggan adds her post fact reaction, away from Krakao in NY and listen to her reasons for saying yes.

Yeah. I’m tragically heterosexual. And those things havenÂ’t been good for you anyway, sis. Get them out of your diet pronto!
    XD

People who were in the Council knew everything. The other mutants might have been asked to help with the terraforming logistics, but kept in the dark about the entirety of the plan. It's not like the QC bothers to share anything with non-members anyway. Not even their captains knew (unless Scott lied to Steve).
    I disagree, there´s no reason to hide something that would become public knowledge during a Gala meant for the rest of the world and Planet Size was quite clear in showing Magneto explained his plan and asked if they agreed and waited for a yes or not answer and if the answer was no, he went on his way, Mr M said no but Monarch said yes, so it would have been nice to see him bring his plan to Jean and Ororo even congratuled him.

Now, the question isÂ…

spoilers:
    Â… why did Kurt voted yes? At this point, he doesnÂ’t have the Onslaught bug in his head anymore. Did he not understand what Magneto meant?
    end of spoilers
    Kurt is free from Onslaught influence indeed, I guess we will see his pov once he his head stops spinning from all the wine he drank XD

ThatÂ’s just a matter of someone from Arakko travelling back to Krakoa and using a portal anywhere else on Earth to plant an Arakko portal, about which Sage will have no intelligence.
    They were already causing trouble in England, as seeing in Cable. Then Magneto talks about more of those conflicts to Isca, mentioning one in Japan. Such problems - plural, as he put it - were the motivation to move them out of Earth.
    Yes but in the comic we were shoewn them thinking now peace is their new challenge, they were not given a new home and told they could do just anything they want, it was a mutual agreetment and remember they respect their leadership because of their belief of might makes right.That said it´s to be expected some of them to disobey and go on their own way, because this always happens too and in that case I am sure Krakoa could send X-force, X-men, X-factor, Sword, Excalibur, the New mutants, Magneto, etc dealing with this type of situations is pretty much the X-men way since their fundation.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-20-2021 at 03:47 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I am not sure, she just said she had them but there was no image of where she kept them.
    Yeah, I suppose for most deaths we wouldn’t have a ceremony like they had for Kate (when they thought she couldn’t be resurrected) because the people come back to life in a different body.

So my guesses would be she would sink the bodies in a Krakoan bio-digester to speed up the process or just bury them, you know, so that the organic matter could go back to the life cycle. Since the bodies were still available, I assumed it was the latter.

Anyway, they are at the body farm now.

Yes it´s just that sometimes you need to know what the character is really thinking, not because they are trying to lie but because they may make a decision but not for the reason the reader may believe it was done for and then the writer tries to get across what they meant instead of seeing in clearly on the page by the own character and what´s on the page is mostly what stays on the memory of the fans and becomes the background of the character.
    Yes. Sometimes the art doesn’t make it clear either, because facial and body expressions are super hard to get right and because sometimes gestures can be ambiguous.

Not to mention the balloons are great a great way to express how we react organically. Sometimes we’re not lying, but we don’t say everything because we don’t want to hurt the other person or we don’t have the courage to say it all.

I guess, at some point, the thought balloons became cheesy in the minds of readers/writers, but I still think it’s a waste not to use them, since they're such a powerful, unique tool in comic books.

Thank you, I really appreciate this, I believe it´s indeed a mix of situations, Onslaught influence, the effects of the ressurrection are most present with me at the moment.
    Yes. For me too. I think think there’s something about the resurrection, like we commented on the other thread. It seems to have been made deliberately obvious in Domino’s case.

Starfish shared this spoiler with me so lest hope after Onslaught is done they will see things like the crucible in a different way.
    If nothing changes significantly, I think it will be time for me to take another very long break from the comics. I don’t think I can keep stomaching it.

The agreetment on antartica came after a lot of pushing and pulling from different countries on our world with each one of them trying to get it´s own parcel so really, I don´t think it´s quite that rare to see
    But that is exactly the point: there was an agreement. People didn’t just move there and started building stuff because everybody learnt their lesson: stupid unilateral actions like that lead to war.

I personally don´t see them reviving a death planet as a bad thing and Arakko mutants needed a home and having a place to make diplomacy with the rest of the galaxy before going to war is always a good thing, the only problem I have is if they essentially become the capital of Sol, because despite their power, they are not truly representing all of earth and in practice they will have to do some pushing and pulling with other members of the UN to get to an agreetment, I actually could see their embassy become a center of different embassies or even a new representative council will become neccesary, I guess that´s what Hickman was talking about when he mentioned in one of Sinister secrets there are more than TWO council´s around the sun so my guess is that next week with SWORD and GOTG we will see how´s really going to work, because not even SWORD was made to represent only krakoa, it´s formed by different people who used to work with the Avengers and X-men and the main objective of SWORD is to protect the System from external threats not to rule over earth so I will wait to see what else Ewing brings next week.
    Terraforming Mars isn’t necessarily a bad thing. But it was done unilaterally and that is a bad thing.

I won’t even get in the science part of it because we know it’s inconsequential: nothing bad will come of it because it’s written to be perfect. But realistically? People should be freaking out - with reason - about the new lifeforms that evolved in hours in a planetary level! And that’s not even getting into the matters of increasing the mass of Mars (I actually simulated - the orbit of the planets remain stable, but the simulation doesn’t take into account all the asteroids of the asteroid belt).

Anyway…

I’ll focus on the political part. Changing the name of the planet, calling it the capital and announcing the regent for the Solar System is provocative to say the least. Add that to the kind of people they’re putting to live in the planet.

Mutants understand that humanity isn’t Orchis, right? But they are helping Orchis become stronger. It’s almost like they’re actually pushing the conflict so they justify wiping humanity out before they reach the technological advancements that make it impossible. It wouldn’t surprise me, at this point, if that’s what Moira is actually planing.

I would be dissapointed if the Oysters are the reason :) ,
    The oysters are like the tea: it’s a joke to refer to that glazed-eye thing that is common on brainwashed people who are part of cults. It creeps me out.

I actually don´t mind when characters make unwise decisiones they later regret as long as they take responsibility for them and so far we don´t know yet the true extend of what happened or what it lead to her saying yes, it would be nice if Duggan adds her post fact reaction, away from Krakao in NY and listen to her reasons for saying yes.
    I don’t mind characters making unwise decisions, but in Jean’s case it wouldn’t be unwise. It would be self-betrayal, self-violation. Back in Morrison’s run, she was advocating for how mutants could live together and help humanity using the powers not to fight other super powered people, but to make day-to-day life better. At the end of X-Men: Red she adressed the UN, with heroes both mutants and humans behind her and said:

- Jean: I'd like to show you. A world where no one is left behind. Where no one is shunned. Where no one is less than. No humans and mutants. No us and them. Just "us".

Living in a mutant island is already unjustifiable unless there’s something *really* wrong with her psyche or the writing is so bad we’re supposed to ignore the two most recent, important, impactful periods of her life.

Jean is a self-sacrificing person. Are you telling me that, in her right mind, she agreed to move to a separatist island just so she could have a safe place for her family?

It kills her character more than actually killing her.

I disagree, there´s no reason to hide something that would become public knowledge during a Gala meant for the rest of the world and Planet Size was quite clear in showing Magneto explained his plan and asked if they agreed and waited for a yes or not answer and if the answer was no, he went on his way, Mr M said no but Monarch said yes, so it would have been nice to see him bring his plan to Jean and Ororo even congratuled him.
    So do you think Scott was lying when he told Cap he only had a notion of what was going on?

They did hide everything from everyone in Krakoa. I assume they went with a “need to know basis” approach. So people who worked in the terraforming effort only knew about the terraforming part. Not the political one. Why would they need to know? The QC had already voted on it.

Ororo certainly knew everything. Jean knew about Arakko. Ororo congratulated him. I don't think Jean did, actually. But it's possible I missed it.

And I might be wrong here. Maybe Jean knew everything and that’s why I said: if Jean *knew* in advance, it would sour our 25+ year friendship.

Kurt is free from Onslaught influence indeed, I guess we will see his pov once he his head stops spinning from all the wine he drank XD
    He’ll have the opportunity to say something because David is openly criticising the terraforming stuff in the preview. I have the feeling Kurt will just decide no to mention he voted for it. Because that was most likely a mistake that came from the weirdness of the planing and how Way of X got super delayed.

Yes but in the comic we were shoewn them thinking now peace is their new challenge, they were not given a new home and told they could do just anything they want, it was a mutual agreetment and remember they respect their leadership because of their belief of might makes right.That said it´s to be expected some of them to disobey and go on their own way, because this always happens too and in that case I am sure Krakoa could send X-force, X-men, X-factor, Sword, Excalibur, the New mutants, Magneto, etc dealing with this type of situations is pretty much the X-men way since their fundation.
    Isca's words in the Planet Size issue itself:

"If we are of this world, we will leave our mark on it. This is what it means to be a mutant of Arakko. Take from that what you will".

Once they have a planet and it's the centre of its star system, do you really think it would be a strecth for them to update that sentence to the following?

"If we are of this system, we will leave our mark on it. This is what it means to be a mutant of Arakko. Take from that what you will".

The mutants of Krakoa just bought themselves some time before the certain conflict. But when it comes, it might be way too big for them to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I didn't really like the design, but I always enjoy seeing different takes on it. Thanks for sharing! :)

I didn't really like the design, but I always enjoy seeing different takes on it. Thanks for sharing!
    I’d like for Jean to change costume on a panel to panel basis, The Jean that actually gave birth to rachel used to drive scott crazy using tk to rearrange the molecular structure of clothes

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I’d like for Jean to change costume on a panel to panel basis, The Jean that actually gave birth to rachel used to drive scott crazy using tk to rearrange the molecular structure of clothes
    That would require some actual omega-level tk, unfortunately. But if you think about it, it's only one of the many tricks in her bag. She doesn't really need it.

There's a reason (or several) why he always runs back to her, right?