Page 680 of 719 FirstFirst ... 180580630670676677678679680681682683684690 ... LastLast
Results 10,186 to 10,200 of 10783
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Some of these panels are really like Rorschach tests. People see what they want to see in them, which is more indicative of the interpreter's feelings than it is the characters'. ☝️��
    Just curious, but if Percy is writing them as if they are shagging does it change your opinion on her portrayal?

What a perfect and delicious scene.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Just curious, but if Percy is writing them as if they are shagging does it change your opinion on her portrayal?
    Absolutely not. Actually, there have been times when I've wanted them to be together because I think their chemistry is off the charts. However, I just don't see there being a strong case indicating that they are together now. A few kisses and suggestive language in a hot tub do not a romantic relationship make, especially when Jean recently referred to herself to Logan as his friend in the example I posted on the previous page.

I'm working on a thread about their friendship and, as I peruse the various examples of it that I've amassed, I'm both touched and reminded of how much I cherish what they have. I have a friendship like that, so, at its core, I understand it. A lot of people jump to conclusions, though, about my own friend and Jean and Logan's.

Last edited by Mercury; 12-16-2021 at 01:43 PM.

The scene above is from "First Night," which covers the first night the X-Men were back under one roof after the first Krakoa mission from Giant-Size X-Men #1. Logan fell in love with Jean because of her kindness, assertiveness, courage, and selflessness. She excited and confused him and made him feel understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    She says Sage and Colossus can be the ones who temper them, she feels it might get to her.W/ all her trauma not wanting to be around X-force is perfectly understandable.Vulnerabilities and boundaries are what make characters interesting, why people think a (female)character having them is weakness is something I don't get.
    'Cause of the perception that female characters are treated like **** (And it is there pretty often, not saying it's wrong), so they want the character to not have as many flaws to look awesome, which, it might do so, but depending how it's done, it also might make the character look hella boring, and it's fuckin' hilarious to want Jean to not have flaws when one of the perception is that she's boring 'cause she doesn't have any lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Them being married doesn't change the fact that Jean's plot is being Scott's wife. She has no larger direction other than that. Yes, she co-leads, but ultimately it's her working with her significant other. That's largely one of the main points I was making. It feels no different than how she's utilized in X-Force, but instead of Scott, its Logan. A large part of her narrative is being tied to Scott.
    I haven't checked out Dungan's X-Men yet so I can't exactly judge but, Jean working with Cyke doesn't exactly mean she's defined by him, to be defined by him, her personality would need to be defined as generally only thinking and talking about him, and not really having a personality outside of that.

Can't say which one is going on 'cause, again, haven't checked yet, but the way you worded there makes it sound like Jean being with Cyke at all defines her as just his wife and not much else lol.

However, I just don't see there being a strong case indicating that they are together now. A few kisses and suggestive language in a hot tub do not a romantic relationship make, especially when Jean recently referred to herself to Logan as his friend in the example I posted on the previous page.
    spoilers:
    She could mean sex friends, just sayin' .
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 12-16-2021 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    spoilers:
    She could mean sex friends, just sayin' .
    end of spoilers
    Your posts always make me smile, even when you say something I disagree with, you naughty little thing, you.

In the end, with whom is she living, fighting, and sleeping side-by-side?
    At this point I dont even know anymore ?? when was the last time we even saw them sharing a trully romantic moment ?

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyvinnegar View Post
    At this point I dont even know anymore ?? when was the last time we even saw them sharing a trully romantic moment ?
    They kissed in X-Men #1 and, in issue #4, after Jean dispelled Nightmare, she went to Scott's side, just as he was waking, and embraced him. They were also shown sleeping in the same bed that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    The emphasis on the Summers family hasn't been a plot? Them being parents to Cable was a big part of Hickman's X-Men and Duggan's Cable book. I mean how many scenes did we get of Jean and Scott just chilling together on the moon with their family over the past couple of years? So how can you say they haven't had a storyline focus on them as a couple? X of Swords their entire motivation was saving their child. Duggan leans in on them being a couple in X-Men as well. They work together, and yes, Jean takes the lead, but it doesn't change the fact that a number of Jean scenes heavily feature Scott. Her plot has been centered on family, and this was all while X-Force was taking place. It's just a fact. She has been right at Scott's side throughout a majority of the Hickman era.

People might still play with the poly stuff later on. So we might get more implications of Emma/Scott.
    No thats not a plotline. The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix was a plotline. Jean and Scott struggling with the aftermath of Inferno and its impact on their relationship was a plotline. Them growing apart as individuals leading to the breakdown of their marriage in NXM was a plotline. Them simply being married is not a plot, especially considering not much is done with that as a driving force of any arc. Their marriage was not the emphasis of anything Hickman did. The focus of her in Cable's book was as his mother and she was supporting. Her marriage to Scott wasnt a plotline there

I can say they havent had a storyline as a couple this era, bc they havent. Them having a splash page on a beach together isnt a storyline. The closest thing I can think of is the aftermath of XOS where they decide to start up the X-men together which was a precurser to the current book of X-men where the emphasis is finally on them and not their kids, the QC, Logan, etc... This X-men stuff is the only plotline thats been hers this entire era
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-16-2021 at 02:41 PM.

For those of you interested, I'm chronicling Jean and Logan's friendship in a new thread on Twitter, replete with scans of pivotal moments between them.

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...95610700750851

In other news, the Phoenix Force apparently is now referring to itself as "the firebird" and declares "a Phoenix was meant to go dark." This has got to be a mistake, or I'm simply misreading the scene, lol. Jesus Christ.

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-send-x-...hoenix-asgard/

Frankly, it may not have been up to Percy to pull her out of X-Force. For all we know, that could have been mandated by White and Hickman. However, I did find this reply by him in a recent interview with Marvel ("Studying 'X-Force' with Writer Benjamin Percy") both revealing and supportive of your opinion:
    Thanks for the link Mercury, I'm gonna check it now. I've always been interested in the relationship between Jean and Hank (not in the romantic way tho) and in X-Force I really liked their confrontation. I'm glad she is in X-Men now cause I love her heroics. I wish that her plot with Hank would have been explored a bit more... But, I don't want her in Percy's book now, cause I totally lost interest. These issues about surfing and stuff feels so filler, is going nowhere (when was the last time we see that Peacock Guy? wasn't he supposed to be the villain?).

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Logan is just Jean's side dick. It's clear that Jean goes to Scott for her intimate and romantic needs, and Logan just fell in love with Pike.

The fact of the matter is that Percy needs to not touch Jean ever again because all he's interested in her for now is to make Quentin and Logan look better.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Thanks for the link Mercury, I'm gonna check it now. I've always been interested in the relationship between Jean and Hank (not in the romantic way tho) and in X-Force I really liked their confrontation. I'm glad she is in X-Men now cause I love her heroics. I wish that her plot with Hank would have been explored a bit more... But, I don't want her in Percy's book now, cause I totally lost interest. These issues about surfing and stuff feels so filler, is going nowhere (when was the last time we see that Peacock Guy? wasn't he supposed to be the villain?).
    You're welcome. The Jean-Hank plot could have made for great writing/reading, but I think wanting her to join the fight in X of Swords and found the new team got in the way. In the end, it was probably for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Logan is just Jean's side dick. It's clear that Jean goes to Scott for her intimate and romantic needs, and Logan just fell in love with Pike.

The fact of the matter is that Percy needs to not touch Jean ever again because all he's interested in her for now is to make Quentin and Logan look better.
    I can't believe you. Ugh!