Page 186 of 719 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286686 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

Nakayama variant for X-Force #21.
    Bootlicious variant

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    "Mutants need a voice in this organisation"
    To have a voice in the UN they have to establish a Nation and speak from a place of power and position. While Krakoa may not have been exactly what Jean was thinking of and advocating for at the time...it really is the closest fulfilment of that notion. And I can see why she's not mad at it.
    She learly says that she is against the Krakoa country model
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-02-2021 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    She learly says that she is against the Krakoa country model
    Well, she explaine the reason was that it made them an easier target, but Krakoa is inheretely much more safe as humans can't enter (though they've found a way once or twice, it's not the same as just being totally open), and then with the resurrections...

Tbh I thought Taylor was waay to vague with what exactly Jean wanted to do. This idea of nation without a place and the fact that he just talked about "her dream" or "her vision" without it ever being explained as something different from "Xavier's dream" was kinda messy if you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, she explaine the reason was that it made them an easier target, but Krakoa is inheretely much more safe as humans can't enter (though they've found a way once or twice, it's not the same as just being totally open), and then with the resurrections...

Tbh I thought Taylor was waay to vague with what exactly Jean wanted to do. This idea of nation without a place and the fact that he just talked about "her dream" or "her vision" without it ever being explained as something different from "Xavier's dream" was kinda messy if you think about it.
    Krakoa isnt any sfe, it had many ivnvasions and has portals that can be hijacked any minute.

Real Jean was right

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

Exactatiously. We don't have any solid idea of what Jean actually intended for her Mutant Nation. But Krakoa seems to building towards having that "voice" she mentioned in her speech.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

What do y’all think of this upcoming cover/image/whatever it is?

Symbolically I love it. Jean and magneto on there front of a cover, seemingly with aligned interests, is just a jarring (but refreshing) image. I don’t care if the cover is just srt and has nothing to do with the contents of what’s inside. I just love rhe picture. It tugs at my curiosity for the first time in years, and frankly gets a a “good” emotional response from me.

It conveys this sense that Jean has evolved. Grown. Changed. She lived her life a certain way before and where did that get her? Seeing her side by side with her first arch nemesis just stirs something within, for me.

Again, I’m not suggesting this has some deep meaning. Just sharing that it gave me some feels; and kinda reminded me of teen Jean workin with magneto in xmen blue.

DBF17603-3959-44EB-872A-62DDC3DE04C2.jpg
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

I don't know if I'd like her to be too close to Magneto these days. His rhetoric has been... I'll say, with caution, anti-human.

I like the image, though, because together with Charles and Moira, he is the architect and backbone of this society, so for Jean to be standing next to him it shows how important she is.

I just wouldn't want her to be ideologically aligned with everything Krakoa is about. I think her biggest contribution for Krakoa was the "Murder No Man" law. And I'd like her to be that voice of quiet and diplomatic disagreement who steers this society into a less dark, less separatist way, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I don't know if I'd like her to be too close to Magneto these days. His rhetoric has been... I'll say, with caution, anti-human.

I like the image, though, because together with Charles and Moira, he is the architect and backbone of this society, so for Jean to be standing next to him it shows how important she is.

I just wouldn't want her to be ideologically aligned with everything Krakoa is about. I think her biggest contribution for Krakoa was the "Murder No Man" law. And I'd like her to be that voice of quiet and diplomatic disagreement who steers this society into a less dark, less separatist way, you know?
    I agree with you which is why I like the image so much. Seeing her beside mags reminded me of her stint in xforce. Common goals but at times very different means, with Jean there to attempt to keep him tethered to a more humane side. If they ever co lead anything (fantasy idea of mine) I would see tons of head butting but mutual respect. Far from a passive Jean.

When teen Jean ageeed to work for magneto in xmen blue. She refused at first. It wasn’t until she entered his mind with his permission. She art showed her respond with rage but also deep empathy and sadness (she cried on panel). This mixture to me is a very captivating reason why seeing them together seems fun.

Either way, this is a Jean FAR removed from the original marvel girl.
    Last edited by Grey; 05-03-2021 at 01:38 AM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Variant cover for X-Force 21 by David Nakayama. Spotted it on Twitter.

Attachment 109173
    So stylish and stunning.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I agree with you which is why I like the image so much. Seeing her beside mags reminded me of her stint in xforce. Common goals but at times very different means, with Jean there to attempt to keep him tethered to a more humane side. If they ever co lead anything (fantasy idea of mine) I would see tons of head butting but mutual respect. Far from a passive Jean.
    I think we can agree that a passive Jean isn't a well-written Jean, right? :)

As for mutual respect, I think Magneto was the first to voice support to Jean's suggestion for the "Murder no Man" law, wasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Either way, this is a Jean FAR removed from the original marvel girl.
    Yeah, she grew up, right? She has been evolving since CC took over. He wrote her as a college student, a passionate, loyal, bright young woman. And, if you think about it, it made sense that she was becoming something more than her teenage self: from a traumatic childhood in a small town to a private school with only 5 students to the life of a college student in New York City, sharing an apartment with an incredible woman who served as something of a role model to her. :)

I love the green dress uniform and I wouldn't mind if they gave her another uniform that was a dress. But I'd like it to be something that reflected the mature woman she is supposed to be now. I mean, she spent some 13 years (?) raising Nathan, right? Her mind should be of a woman in her 40s. Marvel "Girl" seems so weird to me. I'd love if she decided to call herself Marvel Woman.

Not that there's anything wrong with the word "girl". Between adult female friends, I think it's natural to call each other "girl", for instance. But there's something beautiful and empowering about the word "woman" and I'd prefer it to be part of her codename/mutant-name.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I absolutely love that cover image. On one level...it clearly emphasises how far Mutants have come. How much the characters depicted have grown since conception. And how far they are willing to go for the safety and existence of their people.

Jean has always been the pragmatic one. So while she may not agree entirely with the governance of Krakoa, she fully understands its importance and necessity at this time. It may not be her vision (for one, she would have never invited the villains to the table) but it is a vision shared by many and I think she is there to ensure that things don't go off-script and fall apart, that the vision for all mutants and humanity is upheld...hence forming her own XM team with Scott. Which is definitely her and Scott saying to Xavier and Magneto that they're veering off-course a bit and they have to think of others, not only themselves. That "Protecting a world that hates and fears them" is still important and necessary.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

Nakayama variant for X-Force #21.
    Please don’t let this look go into the dungeon after the gala. It needs panel time, lots of it.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Please don’t let this look go into the dungeon after the gala. It needs panel time, lots of it.
    That is a great costume. Just need to takeout the small x and make the big X metallic yellow.

So the next captain marvel movie is called: the marvels. And it doesn't has Marvel Girl. Relly sad that they will leave marvel girl out of the Marvel family

Another Russell Dauterman masterpiece EA310B65-A89E-4BA4-AB80-0499A3CFCD3F.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post
    Another Russell Dauterman masterpiece EA310B65-A89E-4BA4-AB80-0499A3CFCD3F.jpg
    Beautiful rendering!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Spectacular Member

do you know who is this?

galapreview001.jpg

I took it from here: https://youtu.be/xwNz6azm1ZE