Page 391 of 719 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441491 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 10783
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    First definition of atomize per Oxford:

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/atomize

First definition of disintegrate per Oxford:

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/disintegrate
    To disintegrate means the same as to atomize, i.e., to reduce to atoms or fine particles.
    You do realize that regardless of which definition you're using today, we're agreeing, right?

She broke them into very small parts, but not down to a size smaller than the nanite of X-Men: Red, so certainly not down to actual atoms.

I know but, per the definition, she atomized them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    You do realize that regardless of which definition you're using today, we're agreeing, right?

She broke them into very small parts, but not down to a size smaller than the nanite of X-Men: Red, so certainly not down to actual atoms.
    Why not? She was able to deal with the nanite via telekinesis after all once it was found via trinary’s technopathy.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

First definition of atomize per Oxford:

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/atomize

First definition of disintegrate per Oxford:

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/disintegrate
    particles and small parts are much larger than sub-molecular or molecular scale.

I agree she did disintegrate them, just not on the scale you claim

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Why not? She was able to deal with the nanite via telekinesis after all once it was found via trinary’s technopathy.
    Again not saying she can't do it, just that she didn't here.
    The scale is much more massive as well.

She needed trinary technopathy to sense and locate the nanite but once she found it her tk was able to operate on the nanite level, regarding x-force her tp was more then enough to pinpoint the plant people sentience and proceed to dismantle the telefloronic via tk until any trace of their conscience was gone and they could be considered dead.
    Sorry, I edited the post while you were typing, I guess. That's what I added: [EDIT: Meaning that - up to the nanite scale - size is not the limitation for her tk, but sensitivity]

The point is that on her current tk level she could break anyone apart, but not down to the actual atomic level - whatever you want to call that.

Now, I said in another post, in theory, if her level already allows her to manipulate what she can't feel, it's just a matter of feeling, right? So you could explain her Omega level tp should allow her to have this extra sensory perception.

EDIT: But she couldn't do it in Red so, for now, at least, she didn't develop this sensitivity.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 07-23-2021 at 06:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I know but, per the definition, she atomized them.

Yeah, just not on the level you claim.
    That's like digging a small hole in a backyard and saying I dented the earth.I mean per the definition I did, but it's not what you mean when you say dented the Earth.

Thank you, very much
    You’re very welcome

She needed trinary technopathy to sense and locate the nanite but once she found it her tk was able to operate on the nanite level, regarding x-force her tp was more then enough to pinpoint the plant people sentience and proceed to dismantle the telefloronic via tk until any trace of their conscience was gone and they could be considered dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Again not saying she can't do it, just that she didn't here.
    The scale is much more massive as well.
    Sure, I’m just saying that her tp allowed to locate the living mass of the telefloronic and act on it via tk until no trace of sentience was left for it to reform
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

Sure, I’m just saying that her tp allowed to locate the living mass of the telefloronic and act on it via tk until no trace of sentience was left for it to reform
    I agree.
    I just said it wasn't molecular or sub-molecular in nature which Mercury claims it is.

This is surreal. We're all agreeing here! :D

1)There is a massive difference between breaking necks and molecular disintegration.Not saying that's not possible but there is a massive gap between the 2.

2)The flagship is not the main story.I said Jean has no major role to play in the Hickman main story.Of course she has one in the entire era and the "X-men".
    And the entire point of HOX/POX was to plant seeds for the future and also give us a glimpse at said future.Jean has no role in that as of right now and chances are she won't.

3)Hickman and others have said a lot of stuff that has proven misleading.many writers do.Heck this Jean thing is misleading, she may have a small role or a cool moment but she's not a player.
    Yes we can.The way the story is structured we are seeing more and more of the major players and even minor players like Emma and Sinsiter. Jean is non-existent to this story so far.They won't just give Jean a major role out of nowhere.That's not how this run is working nor how Hickman writes.
    Charles, Mystique, Magneto, Moira, Destiny and Nimrod are the major ones.Emma and Sinister has a role to play.I'm missing a couple and there are the future characters but Jean isn't connected to this.
    And Wolverine is also prominent.But has no major role aside from the one future.

And Echo is getting a mini and I doubt they will take Phoenix away from her anytime soon.
    1) See definitions.

2) You don’t know what role she will play; Hickman hasn’t disclosed. However, he has defined her role in his story as “prominent.”

3) You’re assuming quite a bit.

I agree.
    I just said it wasn't molecular or sub-molecular in nature which Mercury claims it is.
    How do you know wasn’t? Are you making an appeal to ignorance?
    Last edited by Mercury; 07-23-2021 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Grammar

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    This is surreal. We're all agreeing here!
    Not all of us from the looks of it^^^

I think we can all agree that we don’t know to what extent Jean atomized/disintegrated the telefloronics, but we do know that she did.