Page 225 of 719 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 10783
    Astonishing Member

Are we really still ranting about this godforsaken dress? It's been years y'all. Let it go. People have discussed their dislike of this outfit ad nauseam at this point y'all just beating a dead horse.

Thank goodness that gave deedpool yellow panties in that pic!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    When they designed Rachel as Marvel Girl, it was also influenced by Jean's own Marvel Girl look.

Twice.

And then there's the time Deadpool homaged Jean, and which costume did they have him wear? Right.

You will see that Homaging Marvel girl never really worked out, because it idn't really iconic or beloved.

Deadpool can rock the marvel girl dress for sure

When they designed Rachel as Marvel Girl, it was also influenced by Jean's own Marvel Girl look.

This is still Rachel's best look.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Are we really still ranting about this godforsaken dress? It's been years y'all. Let it go. People have discussed their dislike of this outfit ad nauseam at this point y'all just beating a dead horse.
    I think it is okay to vent here in this forum, from time to time. I think a lot of people were hoping for a new costume with the new X-Men book. Most of Jean’s fans hate the dress, and for me it feels good to rant about it here in a safe space.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I'm just venting my frustration here... Please, if you don't agree, it's okay. But don't attack me, all right? I'm a fan too. We don't need to fight.

--

At this point, I don't really care about her uniform.

I want her to show some conviction (and to express some doubt). To display some critical thinking, some emotion, some opinion. To be a friend to someone, to ask someone to listen to her. To give one of those steamy kisses on her husband just 'cause she loves him (not because he's falling apart). To ask him out on a date because she can't stand the The Green Lagoon and Dazzler anymore!!!

I want Jean to feel like she's bright and alive, not a zombie or a satellite that is there, just following the gravity of other more massive bodies around her.

I want her to be a citizen of the world, not shackled to Krakoa, calling it a paradise and repeating the same mantras all of them say.

I want her to reject this separatism, to be part of humanity, to dream big dreams again against all odds. You know... to feel like our Jeannie: passionate, sweet, lively, temperamental, possessive, opinionated, influential, charming, heroic...

Something more than a model striking poses for the covers of the books. After 15 years of having our girl dead for no good reason, I think we deserve it.
    Yes, to all of this! (But in a costume she didn’t wear as a teenager. )

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I think it is okay to vent here in this forum, from time to time. I think a lot of people were hoping for a new costume with the new X-Men book. Most of Jean’s fans hate the dress, and for me it feels good to rant about it here in a safe space.
    The funny thing about this, Johnny, is that fans used to love the mini-dress and moaned they only got to see it for a few years in the original run. They used to want it to appear in video games as an option. Now, we get it in the current time, and fans do not want it. Makes Marvel think they cannot please us, lol.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The entire team, btw:

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The entire team, btw:

That is so cool! Can you make Jean have pink energy display?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    That is so cool! Can you make Jean have pink energy display?
    How is this?

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

How is this?

This is great!

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    but....but she still wears it.

Late or early and was just reading some comics which led me to thinking about Jean and Phoenix for some reason. Given the change to the phoenix history it really stands out to me there must be such a depth of emotion in Jean if even child birth didn't quite compare to what Jean offered. phoenix.jpg It just made me think did phoenix "seduce" jean or did jean "seduce" phoenix. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Late or early and was just reading some comics which led me to thinking about Jean and Phoenix for some reason. Given the change to the phoenix history it really stands out to me there must be such a depth of emotion in Jean if even child birth didn't quite compare to what Jean offered. It just made me think did phoenix "seduce" jean or did jean "seduce" phoenix. lol
    Before the Resurrection story, I'd call it a mutual, irresistable attraction, not a deliberate attempt of seduction. :)

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Yes, to all of this! (But in a costume she didn’t wear as a teenager. :) )
    I’d love her to get a new costume too.

But that cost money and it appears they’re spending this budget on the design work that goes into those pages that explain the structure of institutions (both Krakoan and the enemies'), spells, timelines, etc…

Making her an actual character doesn’t cost a cent more. It’s a choice for the writers, who are already writing the story. So, that’s why I don’t mind her wearing the little green dress as long as she reads as the vibrant woman she is supposed to be.

The entire team, btw:

This is really cool. Thanks for sharing. :)

Question: are you married to Jean wearing green? :)

EDIT: Meaning, would you consider other colours for Jean, even though green is her traditional one?
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 05-22-2021 at 12:47 AM.