Page 300 of 719 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Not really inexplicable considering Lorna was the empowered second x-woman and best friend to Jean of the late 1960s and early 70s and he wanted another character for that role in perpetuity. I just wish he returned Lorna to her other 1960s queen of the militant mutants role rather then turn her into a fembot.

Eventually other writers nearly a decade after his first run did take her back to something akin to her more M2 role though runs to date have been reluctant to commit to it.

Lorna and Jean had a team up in the 90s. In fact a whole issue of them in the Savage Land, but it didn't amount to anything long term because their relationship at that time was devoid of any tension or deeper issues that propelled other popular X-Men duos like their mentors Mags and Xavier. But, yes at least one duo power team up is coming.

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...50279415885824
    That’s his reply to me on Twitter haha. I’m amped to see a Lorna and Jean team up. Their last noteworthy interaction was when Jean Xavier and a few other X-Men found her on Genosha and took her back home in New X-Men. The few interactions they had in the 60s were also very cool, I miss their friendship and hopefully we’ll get to see a little more of that, especially now that Duggan has confirmed they’ll have a little team up in issue 2.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

But, yes at least one duo power team up is coming.
    They were also together in Scotland when Jean thought the X-Men had died and Moira was running tests on her (because of the power of the Phoenix).

Thanks for sharing! Good to know we'll see the gals working together! :)

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I was thinking of the second option (the team that splits into different groups)
    Their powers may seem similar but they are also very different I think (it seems to me that Lorna and Rachel sometimes teamed up when they were in space so who knows)
    I'm sure they'd work great together. I was thinking of the other teams, having someone who can lift stuff at a distance is always useful (even though both of them can do much more than that). But Rogue and Everett (since he doesn't seem to be limited by distance anymore) can just drain/synch their powers if needed, as long as they are in different teams, it could work. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    That’s his reply to me on Twitter haha. I’m amped to see a Lorna and Jean team up. Their last noteworthy interaction was when Jean Xavier and a few other X-Men found her on Genosha and took her back home in New X-Men. The few interactions they had in the 60s were also very cool, I miss their friendship and hopefully we’ll get to see a little more of that, especially now that Duggan has confirmed they’ll have a little team up in issue 2.
    Thank you for having written something nice to him. More people should do it when it's deserved. :)

I have some problems with that issue, but I think most of us can agree he probably put a lot of thought into how to use a telepath to help with terraforming. And she appeared much more than Quentin as well. And we even got a cool display of her tk. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    They also spent some time together during Austen's run when Jean was Lorna's maid of honor but yeah it's been a really long time
    I can't wait to find out what Duggan has in store for the two of them in this second issue

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    They also spent some time together during Austen's run when Jean was Lorna's maid of honor but yeah it's been a really long time
    I can't wait to find out what Duggan has in store for the two of them in this second issue
    Yes. August, right? Be still my heart! :)

I think Lorna and Jean should be like that friend you really liked when you were both younger but you didn't get to keep close to you because life kept taking both of you in different paths. Yet, somehow, when you meet them again, it's like you just click and you're happy they're around. That's how I like to imagine them, at least. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Yes. August, right? Be still my heart!

I think Lorna and Jean should be like that friend you really liked when you were both younger but you didn't get to keep close to you because life kept taking both of you in different paths. Yet, somehow, when you meet them again, it's like you just click and you're happy they're around. That's how I like to imagine them, at least.
    Yes, that is exactly how I see Jean and Lorna too!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Wow it just hit me that Jean is the only omega on the new X-men team

Jean made contact with Magneto even though he was wearing the helmet... Was it the mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Jean made contact with Magneto even though he was wearing the helmet... Was it the mistake?
    No, Jean is that powerful. She can get through his helmet.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Jean projected the illusion of Magneto "killing" Dazzler through his helmet during Eve of Destruction

She's an omega telepath so no I dont think it was a mistake. She's been able to hurt Juggernaut with mental attacks in the past while wearing a helmet so she has the ability to breach those

Not really inexplicable considering Lorna was the empowered second x-woman and best friend to Jean of the late 1960s and early 70s and he wanted another character for that role in perpetuity. I just wish he returned Lorna to her other 1960s queen of the militant mutants role rather then a fembot.

Eventually other writers nearly a decade after his first run did take her back to something akin to her more M2 role though runs to date have been reluctant to commit to it.

Duggan has a comments on this topic.

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...50279415885824

I will say Lorna and Jean had a team up in the 90s. In fact a whole issue of them in the Savage Land, but it didn't amount to anything long term because their relationship at that time was devoid of any tension or deeper issues that propelled other popular X-Men duos like their mentors Mags and Xavier. But, yes at least one duo power team up is coming.

Are we finally getting the ultimate intimacy Lorna+Jean edition?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, that is exactly how I see Jean and Lorna too! :)

I really hope we get some panels with the girls going out together. I mean, Rogue *has* to be fun to hang with, right? :D

Question for everyone who would like to speculate:

Considering what happened on the last issue of New Mutants, do you think we'll see Jean's reaction to that and what we'd assume could become a hot topic for the QC to rule?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Question for everyone who would like to speculate:

Considering what happened on the last issue of New Mutants, do you think we'll see Jean's reaction to that and what we'd assume could become a hot topic for the QC to rule?
    Absolutely not. We didnt even see her reaction to anything dealing with Maddie